+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coby Fleener

Coby Fleener

Honestly do you want the Giants to draft Coby Fleener?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Re: Coby Fleener

It's really hard to answer that question unless you know who else is left on the board at 32. The draft is very difficult to predict when you have the 32nd pick, since there will almost certainly be 1 or 2 guys that unexpectedly drop to that spot . . . .

So I guess my answer is . . . . . it depends

I think the giants need another weapon in the passing game so if they wanted to draft Fleener i wouldnt mind

At this point though due to Pro day....isn't he kinda outta reach for us now? I mean with how well his draft stock has increased.....I don't see him falling to our pick at 32.

The guys a day 1 impact player who would instantly upgrade the roster.....In my book he's up there with any prospect that would be a available at 32

Veteran

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]At this point though due to Pro day....isn't he kinda outta reach for us now? I mean with how well his draft stock has increased.....I don't see him falling to our pick at 32.[/quote]

Combine/Pro Days don't (or shouldn't) influence GM's nearly so much as they influence fans. Fleener has years worth of tape, sprinting 80 yards isn't going to change what people think about him a whole lot.

By and large, the purpose of the workouts (for a good GM) is to provide cross-checks to what the player does on the field. If things don't jive, you have to go back and figure out why.

And as to whether or not he's out of reach? Well, I compiled a list of prospects that have been consistently selected or projected to be out of the Giants' reach. It came to 38 guys, and that's not even counting the stupid reaches like Ponder and Locker were last year. If Luck, RGIII, Tannehill go 1-2-3, it could set off a QB feeding frenzy and a LOT of very talented prospects that JR never expected to even get a look at could fall.

It also doesn't account for other GM's just being stupid and talking themselves out of picks (ie: Prince, Hakeem Nicks)

Veteran

i concur i predicted as much as 4 QB's off the board in round one Luck , G3 , Tannehill and Cousins. this throws off the whole draft dropping guys to 32.

Fleener even with his great pro day was still projected late first early 2nd as this is not a strong TE class.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

We could certainly do worse. I would not mind, although I still think it isnt the most likely scenario.

We could certainly do worse. I would not mind, although I still think it isnt the most likely scenario. But, then again, neither was drafting Prince last year. So who knows....

Would be an excellent choice. Kids got tremendous speed, great quickness, good size, a very polished route runner, intelligent played in a pro style offense. Should contribute from day 1 of camp and play at a high level immediately in the NFL