+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

7 round mock v1.5

I want to first thank
    you for your feedback negative or positive; and also I found that round 2 to be the hardest evaluation out of all 7 due
    to the evolving nature of the Offenses in the league, which is why I put two
    alternatives. [/i]

Round 1 . TE - Coby Fleener (STANFORD)

·
    Note to fans: “It okay to be optimistic about
    the M. Bennett signing, but to crown him the savior of the franchise at that the
    TE position is ludicrous. Too many DIFFERENT individuals that have worked with
    him all have UNIFIED outlooks of his work ethic; Talented, physically built to
    be destructive at the position but lacks focus, unmotivated, lazy, quits,
    drops…etc.”

Fleener
    is the best blocking Inline TE in the class of TE’s in this draft and he has
    room to get better, Coach Pope will have fun developing this kid which will be
    a minimal task cause of how intelligent he is at the position. Great hands and good speed, Fleener will be
    an instant upgrade to the offense with Eli at helm.

Alt
    pick if Fleener is not available: RB Lamar Miller [/i]

·
    Note: running backs are much less important than
    they used to be before the NFL made rule changes aimed at player safety that
    tilted the competitive advantage to teams that have a strong passing game. I
    believe that a mad rush for the Receivers, CB/DB, Pass rushing DE’s and reaches
    for QB will push the RB prospects down marginally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round
    2. RB - David Wilson (Virgina Tech)

“I
    have this nagging thought that this guy will not be here at 63 allowing
    D.Martin to fall into that slot. When evaluating RB’s 40 times are something
    that goes hand in hand with the tape and the way the combine/pro days have
    shaped out; out of the top 5 RB’s in this draft L.Miller is the fastest with a
    4.4 flat, L.James - 4.45/ D.Wilson – 4.49 / D.Martin – 4.55 / T.Richardson –
    4.58. And with the devaluation of the position you might see guys like I.Pead
    with a 40 time of 4.47 go before D.Martin / D.Wilson because he can also split
    as a return man. The value is in speed guys that can create their own holes,
    D.Wil / D.Martin are not those type of runners which Is why one of them, are
    there at 63, I went with D.Wil cause most analysts have D.Martin as the second
    best RB out of all 5.

Alt
    pick if D.Wilson is not available: 2a. RB – D.Martin / 2b.OT – B.Massie[/i]

[/i]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/i]

Round
    3. DE/DT – Derek Wolfe (CINCINNATI)

Not
    someone that we need right away to step in and be the dominant player he can be
    at the pro level. With Canty eating up a good bulk of the salary and the
    insecurities of Marvin Austin “which honestly can also be a smoke screen by Reese,
    especially during the offseason where everything he says is ninja.”

Wolfe
    overwhelms offensive linemen with his strength and speed. He can close on the
    quarterback quickly and plays the run extremely well. He might need to add a
    little more bulk for the traditional 4-3 DT position but he is a very good
    pass-rushing DT which is what we need because Linval is our run stopper.

Round
    4a – WR - Marvin Jones (CAL)

It’s
    a passing league and we have a passing QB, play the game to eli strengths, with
    a mediocre O-line he showed poise toughness and consistency in the pocket add
    weapons and keep the engine new and running at high performance. Infuse youth
    talent with veteran grit and we can be a dominant Offense in the league, this
    guy who I didn’t know much about until another poster gave me the go ahead to
    look at his tape and I’ll say this, he’s smart, shows it in running his routes,
    can play both X/Z receiver positions, surprisingly he can block well too not
    great but better than the average receiver. My only concern with him is the
    Knee injury he’s suffered and if its going to be a lingering thing, last thing
    we need is another injury prone guy. But the rewards are high wit this guy
    especially at this round

Alt
    pick if Marvin Jones is not available: WR Mavrin Mcnutt[/i]

Round
    4b– OT – Brandon Mosley (AUBURN)

Mosley
    is a tough run blocker, primarily at RT and played minimally at LT. He’s a
    little Raw so he will be developmental as of right now. Sort of insurance to
    the future if Brewer doesn’t pan out or Deihl just doesn’t cut it. I honestly
    feel that the organization is somewhat willing to give the current members
    excluding Mckenzie a second shot with a Full off-season. So it was hard for me
    not to go the route of CB/S/LB or another WR with this pick.

Round
    5 – CB - Chris Greenwood (ALBION)

Were
    going D3 fellas. I had to do some searching on this kid and from what I read
    and what some scouts have said, he has dominated the competition, turned head
    at the pro day

·
    Greenwood
    stood out at the University of Michigan’s pro day, where he reportedly turned
    in a 4.41 in the 40-yard dash, with a vertical of 43 inches and 16 bench press
    reps at 225 pounds.
    [/i]

Earning a spot in the shrine game which
    is rare for a Div.3 player, good tackler wraps guys up, makes plays on the ball,
    they opponent rarely threw the ball to his side from what I’ve read so some
    shut down ability. 62 tackles (54 solo) 13 interceptions 4 returned for TD’s
    80yd longest, 14 pass break ups, 26 pass def. not bad I would say.

Round 6 – ILB -Tank Carder (TCU)

Instinctual,
    high motor if he stays at his current weight of 236 he can play Outside Line
    backer in a 4-3 he would need to add at least 10-15 pounds to play middle, if
    he can do that and maintain his speed this guy can be a sleeper pick in the 6th
    round

Round
    7 – DE – Donte Paige Moss (NORTH CAROLINA)

The
    kid is talented, he has some off the field issues and an injury that will most
    likely side line him for the 2012 season but the upside is too great to not
    take a shot on him with our last pick in the 7th round. Finished the regular season with 49 tackles, 13.5 tackles for
    losses of 77 yards, 7.0 sacks for 57 yards, and one pass breakup ... Ranked
    second on the team in tackles for losses and sacks, seventh in the ACC in sacks,
    can’t deny that production. We don’t need him to start right away he can sit
    back and learn how to be a player on the field and a role model off the field
    from Tuck.

Alt pick if this pick doesn’t sit right with many – RB Alfred
    Morris (FAU) *Need competition at the position and h can provide that, lets
    face it Bradshaw is one good wrap up from going under the knife yet again, and
    Ware even when forced carries still hasn’t produced and I think he’s not going
    too. And we’re still in the dark on Darel Scott let’s hope he surprises
    everyone.
    [/i]

thanks 4 readin
    [/i]

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Re: 7 round mock v1.5

One word, SOLID ! I love it .
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

I think that is at least a full round early for Derek Wolfe. I think its more likely he goes late 4th or early 5th.

I like this mock, but Dwayne Allen is a better in line TE, and it isn't even close. I'd rather take Doug Martin in the first and Dwayne Allen in the second -- if RB/TE is the combo we go with.

Like slip said, Wolfe might be a little early. I'd rather go Jared Crick as he is a nice 5T prospect that NY likes at the 3T a la Chris Canty.

[quote user="gmen0820"]I like this mock, but Dwayne Allen is a better in line TE, and it isn't even close. I'd rather take Doug Martin in the first and Dwayne Allen in the second -- if RB/TE is the combo we go with.

Like slip said, Wolfe might be a little early. I'd rather go Jared Crick as he is a nice 5T prospect that NY likes at the 3T a la Chris Canty.[/quote]
    I think Doug Martin will be available in the 1st but don't think that Allen will fall all the way at the end of the 2nd.

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="gmen0820"]I like this mock, but Dwayne Allen is a better in line TE, and it isn't even close. I'd rather take Doug Martin in the first and Dwayne Allen in the second -- if RB/TE is the combo we go with.

Like slip said, Wolfe might be a little early. I'd rather go Jared Crick as he is a nice 5T prospect that NY likes at the 3T a la Chris Canty.[/quote]
    I think Doug Martin will be available in the 1st but don't think that Allen will fall all the way at the end of the 2nd.[/quote]I think Fleener is the best TE in this draft, but I think everyone after Fleener are third round guys.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="gmen0820"]I like this mock, but Dwayne Allen is a better in line TE, and it isn't even close. I'd rather take Doug Martin in the first and Dwayne Allen in the second -- if RB/TE is the combo we go with.

I think Doug Martin will be available in the 1st but don't think that Allen will fall all the way at the end of the 2nd.[/quote]I think Fleener is the best TE in this draft, but I think everyone after Fleener are third round guys.[/quote]
    Agree and thats why it seems to be a logical choice to pick up Fleener in the1st if available considering that he could be the BPA at that point. Even though I tend to agree about the 3rd round value in all the rest of the TEs its seems very possible that someone will pick up Dwayne in the 2nd out of need.

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"]I think that is at least a full round early for Derek Wolfe. I think its more likely he goes late 4th or early 5th.[/quote]

really... i thought late 3rd round was where most projected him at. well that changes alot of things thanks for the info

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="gmen0820"]I like this mock, but Dwayne Allen is a better in line TE, and it isn't even close. I'd rather take Doug Martin in the first and Dwayne Allen in the second -- if RB/TE is the combo we go with.

I think Doug Martin will be available in the 1st but don't think that Allen will fall all the way at the end of the 2nd.[/quote]I think Fleener is the best TE in this draft, but I think everyone after Fleener are third round guys.[/quote]
    Agree and thats why it seems to be a logical choice to pick up Fleener in the1st if available considering that he could be the BPA at that point. Even though I tend to agree about the 3rd round value in all the rest of the TEs its seems very possible that someone will pick up Dwayne in the 2nd out of need.[/quote]

i think 2 TE go in the second round Orson charles has dallas written all over it and dwayne allen. remember dallas still wants to run a two TE offense, and i can see someone like broncos or even the rams picking up Allen.

i believe D.Martin would be there but like i said i will go out on a limb and say we don't see another RB off the baords till mid-late 2nd round in this order L.Miller / L.James / D.Martin / D.Wilson

@Katdaddyjay 17h

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="slipknottin"]I think that is at least a full round early for Derek Wolfe. I think its more likely he goes late 4th or early 5th.[/quote]

really... i thought late 3rd round was where most projected him at. well that changes alot of things thanks for the info
    [/quote]
    His projection is that he will be a 4th or 5 th rounder but his stock is on the rise. I've seen him in quite some mocks being picked in the 3rd.