+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: No Madden Curse for Cruz.

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

<FONT color=#ff0000>I'm sure Cruz is really broken up over this and Willis is savoring this victory</FONT>......</P>

Hmmmm.....Super Bowl Ring or Cover?......Super Bowl Ring?....Cover?....Super Bowl Ring?.....Cover? Touch call......</P>[/quote]
    How 'bout Superbowl ring AND Cover

[quote user="jparmer"][quote user="NYgiants141"]I still laugh at the posters who actually seriously believe in this curse.
    [/quote]

I laugh at all the posters that ignore madden history[/quote]

The year fitzgerald was on it with troy polamalu, fitz had a great year. Drew Brees threw for over 4,000 yards the year he was on it. They got knocked out in the playoffs, but that has nothing to do with a madden curse.

[quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="NYgiants141"]I still laugh at the posters who actually seriously believe in this curse.
    [/quote]

The year fitzgerald was on it with troy polamalu, fitz had a great year. Drew Brees threw for over 4,000 yards the year he was on it. They got knocked out in the playoffs, but that has nothing to do with a madden curse.[/quote]

The year Fitz was on with troy Polamalu, Troy didn't make it through the season.

Drew Brees threw twice as many interceptions than he did the previous year. They are the only team to lose to a 7-9 team in the playoffs, now stricken with bounty gate and Brees won't sign his franchise tender.

None of that counts? Who says u get to make the rules of the madden curse.

Tell me this. If there is absolutely nothing to the madden curse and it is all just circumstance of the sport why is there no incidences of other video game cover players?

NCAA sports
    Nba
    Mlb
    Nhl

No other game has any hype about a curse but madden and it has been proven every year, some years milder than others.

[quote user="jparmer"][quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="NYgiants141"]I still laugh at the posters who actually seriously believe in this curse.
    [/quote]

The year fitzgerald was on it with troy polamalu, fitz had a great year. Drew Brees threw for over 4,000 yards the year he was on it. They got knocked out in the playoffs, but that has nothing to do with a madden curse.[/quote]

The year Fitz was on with troy Polamalu, Troy didn't make it through the season.

Drew Brees threw twice as many interceptions than he did the previous year. They are the only team to lose to a 7-9 team in the playoffs, now stricken with bounty gate and Brees won't sign his franchise tender.

None of that counts? Who says u get to make the rules of the madden curse.[/quote]
    Take a quick look at Drew Bree's int rate it goes up and down,

2011 - 14
    2010 - 22
    2009 - 11 (in 15 games)
    2008 - 18
    2007 - 17

22 isn't that big of an anomaly compared to 18, & 17. Especially considered he had over 100 more attempts in 2010, compared to 2009

So qb is all over the field, Last I checked nfl is a team sport, so his TEAM lost in the playoffs.

[quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="NYgiants141"]I still laugh at the posters who actually seriously believe in this curse.
    [/quote]

None of that counts? Who says u get to make the rules of the madden curse.[/quote]

2011 - 14
    2010 - 22
    2009 - 11 (in 15 games)
    2008 - 18
    2007 - 17

22 isn't that big of an anomaly compared to 18, & 17. Especially considered he had over 100 more attempts in 2010, compared to 2009

So qb is all over the field, Last I checked nfl is a team sport, so his TEAM lost in the playoffs.[/quote]

Like I said some guys are effected more than others. I think you are splitting hairs trying to say 22ints isn't that much more than 17 or 18. That's four or five picks, each one is a potentially game changing play.

Out of 15 madden covers if we were to say Brees escaped (not counting fitz because of troy). That's 1-15 covers. That's not a very good argument for there not being a curse. And I'm still waiting on someone to explain to me why no other sports videogame has any hype about a curse if it's just a fluke.

[quote user="jparmer"][quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="NYgiants141"]I still laugh at the posters who actually seriously believe in this curse.
    [/quote]

2011 - 14
    2010 - 22
    2009 - 11 (in 15 games)
    2008 - 18
    2007 - 17

So qb is all over the field, Last I checked nfl is a team sport, so his TEAM lost in the playoffs.[/quote]

Like I said some guys are effected more than others. I think you are splitting hairs trying to say 22ints isn't that much more than 17 or 18. That's four or five picks, each one is a potentially game changing play.

Out of 15 madden covers if we were to say Brees escaped (not counting fitz because of troy). That's 1-15 covers. That's not a very good argument for there not being a curse. And I'm still waiting on someone to explain to me why no other sports videogame has any hype about a curse if it's just a fluke.[/quote]

Barry Sanders retired, so thats not much of a curse, no one ever says Barry Sanders retired because of the Madden Cover

So can we move it up to 2.5

[quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="NYgiants141"]I still laugh at the posters who actually seriously believe in this curse.
    [/quote]

2011 - 14
    2010 - 22
    2009 - 11 (in 15 games)
    2008 - 18
    2007 - 17

Out of 15 madden covers if we were to say Brees escaped (not counting fitz because of troy). That's 1-15 covers. That's not a very good argument for there not being a curse. And I'm still waiting on someone to explain to me why no other sports videogame has any hype about a curse if it's just a fluke.[/quote]

Barry Sanders retired, so thats not much of a curse, no one ever says Barry Sanders retired because of the Madden Cover

So can we move it up to 2.5 [/quote]

Barry Sanders retiring in his prime about to break all time rushing records. Eh. Honestly we could make a case for that counting.

Either way there is way more negatives than positives. Your still hanging on to very little evidence. Haha

[quote user="jparmer"][quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="NYgiants141"]I still laugh at the posters who actually seriously believe in this curse.
    [/quote]

2011 - 14
    2010 - 22
    2009 - 11 (in 15 games)
    2008 - 18
    2007 - 17

Barry Sanders retiring in his prime about to break all time rushing records. Eh. Honestly we could make a case for that counting.

Either way there is way more negatives than positives. Your still hanging on to very little evidence. Haha[/quote]
    Barry Sanders stated he didn't want to break the record, because it was held by his hero...

And if the madden curse was real shouldn't it work 100% of the time.

Also a lot of the players were rb's, Runningbacks get injured a lot, easily, and don't have very long careers...

[quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="NYgiants141"]I still laugh at the posters who actually seriously believe in this curse.
    [/quote]

2011 - 14
    2010 - 22
    2009 - 11 (in 15 games)
    2008 - 18
    2007 - 17

Either way there is way more negatives than positives. Your still hanging on to very little evidence. Haha[/quote]
    Barry Sanders stated he didn't want to break the record, because it was held by his hero...

And if the madden curse was real shouldn't it work 100% of the time.

Also a lot of the players were rb's, Runningbacks get injured a lot, easily, and don't have very long careers...[/quote]

Qb-vick - injured
    Lb-lewis - injured
    Qb-McNabb - injured
    S-polamalu - injured

Like I said a case can be made for a player from each cover. U are trying to justify Brees's past int's but the bottom line is he threw twice what he did the year before the cover. If that's not a severe production problem what is? Barry Sanders retired in his prime at the top of his game. How many players of his elite status in history have done that?

If none of that makes any sense I'd still go with odds and the odds are drastically against every player that takes the cover.

And again the question u and everyone else keeps avoiding, why no other cover players from any other sport are effected in any way?