+ Reply to Thread

Girardi Has Made The Yankees Un-Watchable!

He has confused chronic over managing with "Strategy"!
    Bringing in 5 or 6 relievers...sometimes to throw as little as two...count em TWO pitches is NOT Strategy....it's stupidity!
    How many jams has he created rather than avert with all his trips to the mound?
    How many games has he actually COST the Yankees with needless pitching changes?
    And if that wasn't bad enough...now he's doing the same thing with the bats having had 4 different lineups in 4 games.
    He doesn't know how to position fielders for specific hitters, he's horrible at in game strategy...(walking a 220 hitter intentionally to load the bases in order to pitch to the opponents power hitter who ends up....naturally... hitting a Grand Slam))
    As a manager he's a total joke.
    Between Girardi making the game un watchable and Michael Kay, John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman making it unlistenable, it's like torture trying to follow the Yankees.
    Thank goodness for the sports page!!!!
    Jerkrardi has to go and he can take those blowhards in the broadcast booth with him!!!

Re: Girardi Has Made The Yankees Un-Watchable!

I pretty much agree with all of this, the micro managing and playing everything by his book is getting old. The intentional walk in the 1st inning of the 1st game was mind boggling. He also always seems so tense and uptight on the bench, wish we had a guy like Pinella, Scoscia or even Bobby V who is a much better in game strategist. On another note the lack of clutch hitting on this team is abominable, never changes, just a bunch of home run hitters. I am starting to give up on Texeira ever being the hitter we thought he would be, he is horrible and worse in the clutch!

Veteran

Yankees became unwatchable a long time ago. Hard to get excited for a loaded team like that. Little excitement in winning when you should win. That only leaves frustration and disappointment when losing and no emotion when winning, to me that is no fun.

[quote user="jmike"]Yankees became unwatchable a long time ago. Hard to get excited for a loaded team like that. Little excitement in winning when you should win. That only leaves frustration and disappointment when losing and no emotion when winning, to me that is no fun.[/quote]</P>

Other then a few franchises majority of baseball teams spend alot of money. </P>

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsda.../salaries/team</P>

And it has been proven for years that spending the most money doesn't equate to winning. </P>

And to the op, the main issue I have with Girardi is he over manages. Meaning, he over thinks way too much. Instead of just going with instict and trusting your players. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

Veteran

[quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="jmike"]Yankees became unwatchable a long time ago. Hard to get excited for a loaded team like that. Little excitement in winning when you should win. That only leaves frustration and disappointment when losing and no emotion when winning, to me that is no fun.[/quote]</P>

Other then a few franchises majority of baseball teams spend alot of money. </P>

And it has been proven for years that spending the most money doesn't equate to winning. </P>

And to the op, the main issue I have with Girardi is he over manages. Meaning, he over thinks way too much. Instead of just going with instict and trusting your players. </P>[/quote]Whats your point exactly? Should I not find them unwatchable? Sorry, but I still do. They are not fun for me to root for, so I stopped watching or caring, what the other teams do means little to me.

But if you are saying that all the teams are like this, then baseball has become unwatchable, at least at the MLB level. But I still think the Yankees spend the most and as a fan base we expect them to win each year, when they don't it is disappointment, when they do it's no big deal because they should win.

To me that isn't fun. The Giants, they are fun to watch. They have to fight for it. We expect them to be competitive, but the NFL keeps it all in balance mostly. They compete because they are managed well. Easy to manage the Yankees being competitive every year because they can afford to make expensive mistakes.

Sorry, unwatchable to me and that is from long before Girardi got here.

Veteran

[quote user="ny06"]

And to the op, the main issue I have with Girardi is he over manages. Meaning, he over thinks way too much. Instead of just going with instict and trusting your players. </P>[/quote]Ok, according to the list, they are $23 mill over the next closest team, only 8 other teams in the league are within $100 million of their payroll. If you think that is even I think you need to learn about a little thing I call math and how the number system works.

First, don't try to insult me with math and numbers. Your not talking to a ****ing idiot. I know the difference between the Yankees and the other teams payrolls. Second, MLB and NFL are two different sports. You are aware that there is no cap in MLB right? So if you don't like that the Yankees have a large payroll and it makes it unfair to the rest of baseball then don't watch baseball. Baseball will do fine without you not watching. And for the record, baseball has done a good job of having parity throughout the league. Small market teams have shown they can win a championship. (Marlins,Diamondbacks) </P>

The Yankees have not spent any big money since they signed Tex, Burnett, CC. But no one talks about the Red Sox spending, Angels, Tigers. And you must not be a Yankee fan, because it doesn't matter how much money they spend, we as fans expect nothing less then a championship. It's been that way for a long time. That is the main reason many players can't play for the Yankees, the expectations are huge. </P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

Veteran

[quote user="ny06"]

First, don't try to insult me with math and numbers. Your not talking to a ****ing idiot. I know the difference between the Yankees and the other teams payrolls. [/quote] Whoa there tex, it a sarcastic joke, sorry if it hit to hard.
    Second, MLB and NFL are two different sports. You are aware that there is no cap in MLB right? So if you don't like that the Yankees have a large payroll and it makes it unfair to the rest of baseball then don't watch baseball.
    I don't, thought that was clear with the unwatchable part and me saying I don't care anymore. Sorry that wasn't clear.
    Baseball will do fine without you not watching. And for the record, baseball has done a good job of having parity throughout the league. Small market teams have shown they can win a championship. (Marlins,Diamondbacks) </P>

The Yankees have not spent any big money since they signed Tex, Burnett, CC. But no one talks about the Red Sox spending, Angels, Tigers. And you must not be a Yankee fan, because it doesn't matter how much money they spend, we as fans expect nothing less then a championship. It's been that way for a long time.
    I was a Yankee fan for a very long time until they turned me off to the sport altogether. Actually it was the moment they signed Giambi, was pretty much done with them at that point, stopped watching maybe a season or so later.
    That is the main reason many players can't play for the Yankees, the expectations are huge. </P>
    In reality you cannot tell me that all teams spend a lot when there is a $100 mill difference between the 1 and 10 payrolls, that isn't even half of the teams that is a third and it is $100mill, it is more than the entire payroll of the 10th team.