+ Reply to Thread

The Ultimate Mock..... 4/11

Round 1 - Devon Still, DT.... Marvin Austin is a huge question mark and Canty is eating a lot of salary for a guy that is now 30. Still is a disruptive force that will form a nice combination with Joseph and Austin for the future.

Round 2 - Kelechi Osemele, OG/OT... LG is a mess and I haven't read/heard a lot of praise for Petrus to fill in. Osemele can provide stability at RT or LT.

Round 3 - Bernard Pierce, RB... ultra productive RB out of the MAC. He has better speed than some reports will tell you. His vision is incredible and is clearly a big need for the Giants.

Round 4(a) - Tyrone Crawford, DE/DT.... Built like Justin Tuck and can be used in the same capacity. Big, thick guy that has good pass rushing ability, but also can stop the run. A JUCO transfer that put up good numbers for Boise State.

Round 4(b) - Michael Egnew, TE... He is starting to generate more buzz, but I still think he is here in the fourth. Great addition and just another well rounded player for Eli.

Round 6 - DeVier Posey, WR.... Although we have Jernigan, Barden and Hixon returning to the team next year. Posey is too good to pass on in round 6. He is legit "stretch the field" guy that is big enough to go up and get the ball. Picture a 4 WR set with Nicks and Posey on the outside and Cruz and Jernigan running in the slot. Scary!

Round 7 - Chris Greenwood, CB... This kid is a raw athlete, but he's big, fast and the sky is limit. He comes from a DII school, which is tough to evaluate. Giants are a perfect locker room/ coaching staff and they will know how to get the most out of this kid.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: The Ultimate Mock..... 4/11

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]Round 1 - Devon Still, DT.... Marvin Austin is a huge question mark and Canty is eating a lot of salary for a guy that is now 30. Still is a disruptive force that will form a nice combination with Joseph and Austin for the future. Round 2 - Kelechi Osemele, OG/OT... LG is a mess and I haven't read/heard a lot of praise for Petrus to fill in. Osemele can provide stability at RT or LT. Round 3 - Bernard Pierce, RB... ultra productive RB out of the MAC. He has better speed than some reports will tell you. His vision is incredible and is clearly a big need for the Giants. Round 4(a) - Tyrone Crawford, DE/DT.... Built like Justin Tuck and can be used in the same capacity. Big, thick guy that has good pass rushing ability, but also can stop the run. A JUCO transfer that put up good numbers for Boise State. Round 4(b) - Michael Egnew, TE... He is starting to generate more buzz, but I still think he is here in the fourth. Great addition and just another well rounded player for Eli. Round 6 - DeVier Posey, WR.... Although we have Jernigan, Barden and Hixon returning to the team next year. Posey is too good to pass on in round 6. He is legit "stretch the field" guy that is big enough to go up and get the ball. Picture a 4 WR set with Nicks and Posey on the outside and Cruz and Jernigan running in the slot. Scary! Round 7 - Chris Greenwood, CB... This kid is a raw athlete, but he's big, fast and the sky is limit. He comes from a DII school, which is tough to evaluate. Giants are a perfect locker room/ coaching staff and they will know how to get the most out of this kid.[/quote]I would have no problem with that mock---actually one of the better ones I have seen posted. I was reading up on that Greenwood kid from Albion, a division III school. I would have no problem if the Giants took him in the 6th rd. He could be a sleeper that Reese covets.

I have Worthy in my latest mock in Rd 1, but I would be ok with Still at 32 as well. I think with Canty's cap numberand Austin missing 2 years, DT should be addressed.

“Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

I watched more Bernard Pierce, and Im not a huge fan of him. A lack of balance and power.

Starting to like Ronnie Hillman more, mostly because of the lateral ability Hillman has. Hillman needs to learn to stop trying to bounce every run though. Hit the hole inside.

[quote user="slipknottin"]I watched more Bernard Pierce, and Im not a huge fan of him. A lack of balance and power.

Starting to like Ronnie Hillman more, mostly because of the lateral ability Hillman has. Hillman needs to learn to stop trying to bounce every run though. Hit the hole inside.[/quote]

Hillman could be a nice player. Im also intrigued by Isiah Pead and Vick Ballard. Like Pierce, I think Ballards speed is underrated.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **