+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How disappointing has our front four been?

After great, CONSISTENT performances in 2007, the 2008 line was supposed to be the greatest since the 2002 Bucs. With Canty and Bernard bolstering a somewhat weaker interior line, for a time, it was good. But late in the season, and especially the playoff debacle, the dline started to give opposing QBs all day, and it really started rearing its ugly head in 2009.

Sure, they've had a few monster games, like the Jay Cutler beatdown last year, and they put some hits on Rodgers last week. But it has mostly been Linval and JPP carrying the defense. Osi, Tuck, Canty, and Bernard have all been consistently weak, those guys never make the big clutch plays on a defense that rarely makes them.

I just feel like we have a ton of Kenny Holmes and Willy Joes eating a ton of cap space and playing time on the team, and JR is going to need to pull off some shrewd management this offseason. Maybe he could ship some dead weight to Oakland for some decent picks, like the Pats always do? Because undrafted guys and 2nd year guys are outshining the crap out of Osi and Tuck.

Veteran

Re: How disappointing has our front four been?

Canty and Bernard weren't signed until 2009.

'08 was still Robbins/Coefield duo. Osi was gone for the year.

Very disappointing, got to give them a "C"

If it wasn't for JPP, I'd have given them a damn F

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Very disappointing, got to give them a "C"

If it wasn't for JPP, I'd have given them a damn F[/quote] to bad Marvin Austin was not able to contribute this year
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

front 4 stinks . but trade Eli Manning , you must surly be a ****in idiot !

Osi has 7 sacks in 8 games... Not sure how you can fault him.

I been critical of Osi in the past. But this season hes been very good, give the man credit....hes playing well despite injuries and Jerry Reese lying to him.

Justin Tuck, Chris Canty, and Bernard has been disappointments. If it wasnt for Cantys huge contract we probably would still have Cofield. Tuck has not been good at all, If it wasnt for Tuck's past accomplishments, Dave Tollefson would be starting over him or even Kiwi.I think Tuck did step up against GB but thats it.

Veteran

27 1/2 D-line sacks this season and that's what you complain about? C'MON MAN

Veteran

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Very disappointing, got to give them a "C"

If it wasn't for JPP, I'd have given them a damn F[/quote]

Ok. Which D-line in the NFL would you like to trade ours for?

[quote user="slipknottin"]Osi has 7 sacks in 8 games... Not sure how you can fault him.[/quote]Because outside of those 7sacks Hes been virtually invisible and has missed a TON of games do to Injury yet again Exactly the Reason i would of traded him for a 2nd rounder in the offseason because hes all ready shown he can't get through 2full seasons in a row without getting hurt and being productive and after what his career has shown us as far as just that He'll be another yr older wanting that big contract Osi is way inconsistent by not just his limitations as far as overall play(being 1dimensional) but also by being injured basically every other season and hes certainly been a dissapointment this yr and Kudos for Reese not giving him a Big contract in the offseason! All though in my opinion it would of and should of been a easy decison