+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 1

Hybrid View

Round 1

I'm completely baffled on what the Giants are doing in Round 1.

I thought trade up or take Bama LB Donte Hightower..but with the pick up of Rivers makes that unlikely.

Ballard has micro fracture surgery so that tells me he is out for all of next season. So could Fleener be the pick?

So my best guess is RB Doug Martain or OL Sualuai or however you say it in round 1.

What do you think?

All-Pro

Re: Round 1

At this point I'd like Fleener just because he can be that TE threat they have been missing. However, other than QB, you can make the argument that they could use help at every position.

All-Pro

BPA - doesn't matter the position. This is what makes mock drafts for the Giants so difficult.

All-Pro

Really hope randle is there.

[quote user="TuckYou"]BPA - doesn't matter the position. This is what makes mock drafts for the Giants so difficult.[/quote]

Very true. No matter what the Giants needs are Reese will go as he always has, best player available.

I would definitely like to see how he has players rated...position priority or just a long column of players ranked by value? Maybe he has a point value system or something we have never seen before.

I do not think though he would go RB in the first unless someone like Trent Richardson dropped all the way to us(next to impossible). Value running backs can be found all the way to just about the end of the draft.

All-Pro

[quote user="Rat_bastich"][quote user="TuckYou"]BPA - doesn't matter the position. This is what makes mock drafts for the Giants so difficult.[/quote] Very true. No matter what the Giants needs are Reese will go as he always has, best player available. I would definitely like to see how he has players rated...position priority or just a long column of players ranked by value? Maybe he has a point value system or something we have never seen before. I do not think though he would go RB in the first unless someone like Trent Richardson dropped all the way to us(next to impossible). Value running backs can be found all the way to just about the end of the draft.[/quote]

True. This is why I also don't see us going TE early either. I mean, TEs are all over the place, and with our elite QB, he makes undrafted average TEs look good. I'd like guys like Isaiah Pead and L Greene in the later rounds.

It is very difficult to predict the number 32 pick in the draft because there will be at least a couple of players who unexpectedly drop to that spot . . . . .

Really dont think Hightower fits at all. I think in a 4-3 he is a strongside backer. Hes a very linear player. Cant ask him to do a ton of dropping and turning, and he just isnt the type to run with a TE or back in coverage. I think where he fits best is 34 ILB, perhaps in Pitt or Bal.

I think theres a list of possibilites. A couple different OL, Martin, Still, Fleener, even WR is possible.

[quote user="Bones911"]I'm completely baffled on what the Giants are doing in Round 1.

I thought trade up or take Bama LB Donte Hightower..but with the pick up of Rivers makes that unlikely.

Ballard has micro fracture surgery so that tells me he is out for all of next season. So could Fleener be the pick?

So my best guess is RB Doug Martain or OL Sualuai or however you say it in round 1.

What do you think?[/quote]Names to watch.

Nick Perry
    Whitney Mercilus
    Alshon Jeffery
    Stephen Hill
    Ruben Randle
    Bobby Massie
    Kelechi Osemele

[quote user="Bones911"]I'm completely baffled on what the Giants are doing in Round 1.

What do you think?[/quote]Names to watch.

Nick Perry
    Whitney Mercilus
    Alshon Jeffery
    Stephen Hill
    Ruben Randle
    Bobby Massie
    Kelechi Osemele