+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 1

Bench Player

Re: Round 1

I kind of have a feeling that Fleener still on the board is going to be a Giant, just a hunch but thats just my opinion.

I would not be shocked if they trade back into the 2nd round, fairly early and pick up a RB (Polk being my choice) plus a couple more picks. If we don't pick up a RB then we either go DT or OT with an outside chance on a LB...not really hoping for a TE in the first round despite the worse news with Ballard. I get the impression Reese is honing this draft to set up a BPA pick but RB is glaring right now. So if we actually make a need pick, it's gotta be a RB!

[quote user="Bones911"]I'm completely baffled on what the Giants are doing in Round 1.

I thought trade up or take Bama LB Donte Hightower..but with the pick up of Rivers makes that unlikely.

Ballard has micro fracture surgery so that tells me he is out for all of next season. So could Fleener be the pick?

So my best guess is RB Doug Martain or OL Sualuai or however you say it in round 1.

What do you think?[/quote]
    I think it all means that we can safely and comfortably take the BPA with the depth that we've added and I do think that it looks more likely that we'll be taking RB Martin as the # 1 because it seems that RB is the only position that we haven't covered in terms of depth this off-season. Not that we'll definitely take a RB, but it's more likely now.

[quote user="TuckYou"]BPA - doesn't matter the position. This is what makes mock drafts for the Giants so difficult.[/quote]

Very true. No matter what the Giants needs are Reese will go as he always has, best player available.

I would definitely like to see how he has players rated...position priority or just a long column of players ranked by value? Maybe he has a point value system or something we have never seen before.

I do not think though he would go RB in the first unless someone like Trent Richardson dropped all the way to us(next to impossible). Value running backs can be found all the way to just about the end of the draft.

Reese doesn't trade up in the first round.

Reese always picks best player available in the early rounds.

Pointless to mock the New York Giants draft.

[quote user="danishGiant"]Reese doesn't trade up in the first round.

Reese always picks best player available in the early rounds.

Pointless to mock the New York Giants draft.[/quote]
    Hakeem Nicks was the BPA 2009 draft? He was expected to go second round, he was like the 6th wr to go,

[quote user="danishGiant"]Reese doesn't trade up in the first round. Reese always picks best player available in the early rounds. Pointless to mock the New York Giants draft.[/quote]

Amen! Speculating about who will be left on the boards and who the BPA will be is crazy at 32. That said the discussion is interesting, agree with most that Hightower would be a waisted pick, Fleener is intriguing but doesn't fit the Giant's mold, Adams is a nice candidate.

Starter

DE or RB, will be Giants 1st rd pick, IMHO, We have addressed TE, OL, DB, LB with recent FA pick ups, Remember Reese said "You Can't have enough speed rusher, DE's", OSI will be gone next year, Tolly gone, Tuck played hurt?, again!..... Let's groom the next one & get a year under his belt as we did with JPP. That said RB NEEDS Addressed!, Jacobs gone, Bradshaw breaking down, 1-2 good years yet, & Ware not the answer. This just a guess on my part, as everybody else @ this point, as Giants always seem to surprise....

All-Pro

[quote user="Rat_bastich"][quote user="TuckYou"]BPA - doesn't matter the position. This is what makes mock drafts for the Giants so difficult.[/quote] Very true. No matter what the Giants needs are Reese will go as he always has, best player available. I would definitely like to see how he has players rated...position priority or just a long column of players ranked by value? Maybe he has a point value system or something we have never seen before. I do not think though he would go RB in the first unless someone like Trent Richardson dropped all the way to us(next to impossible). Value running backs can be found all the way to just about the end of the draft.[/quote]

True. This is why I also don't see us going TE early either. I mean, TEs are all over the place, and with our elite QB, he makes undrafted average TEs look good. I'd like guys like Isaiah Pead and L Greene in the later rounds.

It is very difficult to predict the number 32 pick in the draft because there will be at least a couple of players who unexpectedly drop to that spot . . . . .

+ Reply to Thread