+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Ball revised post Rivers

Crystal Ball revised post Rivers

Not much has changed from the original post but rivers and other signings have put a different look on some picks.

Round 1 Harrison Smith S Notre Dame - I am not to excited about Horton or Brown. I do like Sash! Still, we are one injury away - to Phillips or Rolle - from being in deep caca at the Safety spot. Harrison nailed the combine and is the # 2 Safety behind Barron ( who I'd rather have ). Safety depth in the draft is shallow!
    Round 2 Chandler Jones DE Syracuse Osi's replacement next year if not this year.
    Round 3 Robert Turbin RB Utah State saw him vs Auburn first game last college season. He ran over, through, around and away from Auburn defenders all day. Bradshaw has hip marrow injected into his ever injured foot. Jacobs is gone, Brown is suspended and Scott has his limitations and question marks - we need a guy like Turbin.
    4A Mike Martin DT Michigan I would think Joseph, Canty, Austin and Martin would make a nice rotation.Martin is a bad a.
    4B Phillip Baker C Baylor Solid Center for future. Bass plays hard, gets hurt. Booth has his faults at the center spot and should compete at LG I like this center.

Round 6 Jordan White WR Western Michigan Pro ready route running wise great hands good size and fast enough. More productive at Western than Greg Jennings. We have Jernigan planned for the slot. If he fails Cruz could be an option there. But I see Jernigan panning out. We need a WR to spell Nicks when he goes down or if Cruz gets hurt or goes to the slot.

Round 7 Brad Smelley TE Alabama Ballard type maybe even better receiver. Bennett, Pascoe then Hopkins or Smelley maybe Ballard if he heals I think Beckum is history.

Re: Crystal Ball revised post Rivers

very interesting. I like rounds 1, 3 and 4.
    I doubt Jones is on the board for us in round 2 if we stay at pick #64?

Yeah Jones is questionable there. I agree.

Harrison Smith in the first? I wouldnt draft him in the first 60 picks

[quote user="Shockeystays08"]Not much has changed from the original post but rivers and other signings have put a different look on some picks.

Round 1 Harrison Smith S Notre Dame - I am not to excited about Horton or Brown. I do like Sash! Still, we are one injury away - to Phillips or Rolle - from being in deep caca at the Safety spot. Harrison nailed the combine and is the # 2 Safety behind Barron ( who I'd rather have ). Safety depth in the draft is shallow!
    Round 2 Chandler Jones DE Syracuse Osi's replacement next year if not this year.
    Round 3 Robert Turbin RB Utah State saw him vs Auburn first game last college season. He ran over, through, around and away from Auburn defenders all day. Bradshaw has hip marrow injected into his ever injured foot. Jacobs is gone, Brown is suspended and Scott has his limitations and question marks - we need a guy like Turbin.
    4A Mike Martin DT Michigan I would think Joseph, Canty, Austin and Martin would make a nice rotation.Martin is a bad a.
    4B Phillip Baker C Baylor Solid Center for future. Bass plays hard, gets hurt. Booth has his faults at the center spot and should compete at LG I like this center.

Round 6 Jordan White WR Western Michigan Pro ready route running wise great hands good size and fast enough. More productive at Western than Greg Jennings. We have Jernigan planned for the slot. If he fails Cruz could be an option there. But I see Jernigan panning out. We need a WR to spell Nicks when he goes down or if Cruz gets hurt or goes to the slot.

Round 7 Brad Smelley TE Alabama Ballard type maybe even better receiver. Bennett, Pascoe then Hopkins or Smelley maybe Ballard if he heals I think Beckum is history.[/quote]I too like the Turbin, and 4th rd picks. Like others said, don't know if Chandler Jones will be there at 64. He may go in the late 1st or early 2nd, but who knows. I would take Harrison Smith in the 2nd if he was there. I too would not mind Barron at 32.
    Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.
    -Vince Lombardi

No way that we take Harrisson Smith in the first

We need a center, a left tackle and a "Sproles" type back. We can get by at other positions with what we now have and can draft for depth.

Maybe burning the boats isn't the greatest idea just yet.

All-Pro

I would venture to say that there is exactly 0% chance Harrison Smith gets drafted by us in the 1st round,

[quote user="slipknottin"]Harrison Smith in the first? I wouldnt draft him in the first 60 picks[/quote]

Then your very behind in his evaluation. One mock has him going 31 to the Patriots. We all have opinions, some on target more than others.

[quote user="lawl"]I would venture to say that there is exactly 0% chance Harrison Smith gets drafted by us in the 1st round,[/quote]

I tried to explain my reasoning. Maybe you feel we are solid at that position or the draft is deeper at safety than the so called experts are saying. To say we have zero interest in a big fast hard hitting safety that went from a 3rd round prospect before the combine to rated late 1 to mid 2 now, is a bit closed minded. But that's ok you obviously know little about Harrison. To have the second rated safety go at 32 in a draft weak at Safety depth to a team that is one injury away from being in trouble at the position is not that far fetched.

+ Reply to Thread