+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1st rnd draft

Hybrid View

1st rnd draft

Reese shoring up o-line, corners, and now lb's does he draft a receiver, te, or running back in 1st rnd and address DT in second?

Re: 1st rnd draft

I'm more and more convinced it's going to be DT with the first pick. Some really good ones should be there at #32 and probably no BPA at other positions they'd take over the DT talent. Can't see them going for any TE other than Fleener in the first and I have to believe he won't be available at 32. Wide Out, maybe but it's not a need for a couple years, and the RB talent at the end of the second is probably just as good as it is at the end of the first, just not that much difference in running backs at that point.

Bench Player

Remember the past two years they found DT in the second round. I would be shocked if they reached for one in the 1st round this year.

Veteran

I'd be shocked if it wasn't a DL or DB personally.

In the past few days I've become convinced the pick will be another defensive end. Tolly left to free agency, Osi has a year left on his contract, and Tuck is 29 and has struggled with injuries lately. It's time to restock on pass rushers because in a year or two our supply will become dangerously low.

1. Devon Still, DT

2. Mychal Kendricks MLB

3. LaMichael James, RB

[quote user="Red Dog"]Reese shoring up o-line, corners, and now lb's does he draft a receiver, te, or running back in 1st rnd and address DT in second?[/quote]

Honestly its probably RB I think with at some point in the draft the Giants are going to draft a RB. D.J. Ware has done very little with his opportunities & Da'rel Scott hasn't had much playing time I would love to see him get more PT though. I believe the Giants will draft a RB and hopefully Bradshaw can stay healthy but we are going to need a reliable backup for Ahmad Bradshaw. So maybe we draft a RB in the first round or OL to get younger.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

[quote user="Red Dog"]Reese shoring up o-line, corners, and now lb's does he draft a receiver, te, or running back in 1st rnd and address DT in second?[/quote] It would not surprise me if Reese trades out of the first round and addresses RB and DT in round 2...that helps us too since we don't have to deal out 1st round money for rookies this year, significant drop-off in pay scale from 1st round #32 to 2nd round #33. I could certainly se us trading out with Cleveland and using the #34(?) overall pick for a RB or trade even further back depending on the slide of certain players we might covet (if they slide at all)...DT would come later in the 2nd...thats how I see it.

I think it will be a RB. We have no depth at all at that position.