+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DE or WR in the 1st

DE or WR in the 1st

I think it's the only two positions that make sense for us to pick. If Stephen Hill is available I think he is our pick, someone who can stretch the field for Nicks & Cruz.

If he is gone I think we go best available DE.

Yes we need OL / RB / TE help, but those positions aren't as highly valued by our front office. Skill positions (WR / DE / CB ) always seem to come first.

Re: DE or WR in the 1st

DE very possible if it's the right one. No on WR ,
    Jernigan is our # 3. I think we get insurance for Nicks not a compliment to him. We already have Cruz and Jernigan for that. Plus is Hixon done? We don't spend a one here especially on a guy like Hill. Comes from the wrong system at Ga Tech to come right in and play for us. Also, he has questionable production in college, though the system did not feature him. Showed some spunk at the combine and could be a good option at 2 but I 'd rather address it in round 4,5,or 6. There is good depth at WR in this draft. I think I would like DT rather than DE in round one -
    Worthy?

DE or DT in round 1, not WR

We picked up a DT. I think we pickup DE insurance for OSI's slot.maybe NOT in the first picks but somewhere in the draft. our WR core is excellent.

Kendall Wright or Ruben Randle at WR would be great if they are there, but I'd love to get another good young DE if we could. Osi and Kiwi are on the last years of their deals, so grabbing a guy that can be a talented contributor at that spot in his second year is a great idea.

Reese will probably go BPA, but I think he'll look real hard at pulling the trigger on a DE if a good one is there like Nick Perry.

[quote user="Warchild"]I think it's the only two positions that make sense for us to pick. If Stephen Hill is available I think he is our pick, someone who can stretch the field for Nicks & Cruz. If he is gone I think we go best available DE. Yes we need OL / RB / TE help, but those positions aren't as highly valued by our front office. Skill positions (WR / DE / CB ) always seem to come first.[/quote]

We have probably the bestgroup of DE's in the league and one of, if not thee most prolific WR tandem in the NFL.

How on earth are these our two biggest needs in the draft?

O line, RB, LB, safety are all more important needs.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Warchild"]I think it's the only two positions that make sense for us to pick. If Stephen Hill is available I think he is our pick, someone who can stretch the field for Nicks & Cruz. If he is gone I think we go best available DE. Yes we need OL / RB / TE help, but those positions aren't as highly valued by our front office. Skill positions (WR / DE / CB ) always seem to come first.[/quote]

We have probably the bestgroup of DE's in the league and one of, if not thee most prolific WR tandem in the NFL.

How on earth are these our two biggest needs in the draft?

O line, RB, LB, safety are all more important needs.

[/quote]
    Osi and Kiwi are in the last years of their deal, we just lost Tollefson, and Tuck gets nicked up.

A guy like Nick Perry is a good pick if he is there at 32.

But we have Kiwi, Osi, Tuck, & JPP, and we have Nicks, Cruz, Jerrigan, and a bunch of other wr's :O

Please give me a break away scat back in the mold of Meggett or Sproles. A guy who returns punts, not fair catches them and also is a third down nightmare for D coordinators.

Please.

I am asking nicely.
    Maybe burning the boats isn't the greatest idea just yet.

[quote user="IamGiantsfan"]But we have Kiwi, Osi, Tuck, & JPP, and we have Nicks, Cruz, Jerrigan, and a bunch of other wr's :O[/quote]

Osi is easily negated by the run and gets taken out of the game easily. need a guy who can get around the end and stretch the line out and help allow a DE blitz or LB blitz.

+ Reply to Thread