+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DE or WR in the 1st

Re: DE or WR in the 1st

Not a chance we take a DE in the first round. There are no good DE's in this draft that warrant a 1st round pick.

DT on the other hand is a very real possibility.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

[quote user="Roswell777"]Please give me a break away scat back in the mold of Meggett or Sproles.

Please.

I am asking nicely.[/quote]

LaMichael James would be a GREAT pick in Round 2 for us.

Get Eli a weapon to throw short passes too like Drew Brees has, and see Eli p[lay even better this year.

I am with you on that!

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Not a chance we take a DE in the first round. There are no good DE's in this draft that warrant a 1st round pick.

DT on the other hand is a very real possibility.
    [/quote]
    I agree!

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Warchild"]I think it's the only two positions that make sense for us to pick. If Stephen Hill is available I think he is our pick, someone who can stretch the field for Nicks & Cruz. If he is gone I think we go best available DE. Yes we need OL / RB / TE help, but those positions aren't as highly valued by our front office. Skill positions (WR / DE / CB ) always seem to come first.[/quote]

We have probably the bestgroup of DE's in the league and one of, if not thee most prolific WR tandem in the NFL.

How on earth are these our two biggest needs in the draft?

O line, RB, LB, safety are all more important needs.

[/quote]
    Osi and Kiwi are in the last years of their deal, we just lost Tollefson, and Tuck gets nicked up.

A guy like Nick Perry is a good pick if he is there at 32.
    [/quote]

I can't predict what JR will do of course, but to say that these 2 positions are the only real options makes no sense to me. I suppose you could make a case for almost any position on the field, but to say that these are the only 2 logical options.................?

How about our RB position? Our starter has chronic foot problems and our back up wouldn't make the roster on many other teams. Brown didn't see the field last year and will start the season on suspension, and Scott is completely unproven.

DT is thin, O line is very uncertain and we are also thin at safety and our backup CB's are a huge question mark.

BUT

Our two starting WR's had 2700 yards together and our DE's are great. And these are the positions he claims are our most glairing needs. Enough so for him to say that no other position is an option.

The OP makes no sense to me.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Brandon jacobs"]Osi is easily negated by the run and gets taken out of the game easily. need a guy who can get around the end and stretch the line out and help allow a DE blitz or LB blitz.[/quote]

Oh yea? We are back on that fallacy again are we?

Go ahead and watch this Osi video for me and for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nlKDo_m694
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="Roswell777"]Please give me a break away scat back in the mold of Meggett or Sproles. Please. I am asking nicely.[/quote]

LaMichael James would be a GREAT pick in Round 2 for us.

Get Eli a weapon to throw short passes too like Drew Brees has, and see Eli p[lay even better this year.

I am with you on that!
    [/quote]

James has a huge bust factor....HUGE!!!.

One of the things that bugs me the most about him is that in a must win game late in the season against USC, he was benched for lack of productivity in the 4th quarter. And when he was on the bench they were moving the ball up and down the field at will.

You can never know how these guys translate to the NFL, but I see a huge red flag with James.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]Kendall Wright or Ruben Randle at WR would be great if they are there, but I'd love to get another good young DE if we could.* Osi and Kiwi are on the last years of their deals, so grabbing a guy that can be a talented contributor at that spot in his second year is a great idea.

Reese will probably go BPA, but I think he'll look real hard at pulling the trigger on a DE if a good one is there like Nick Perry.
    [/quote]

IMO Randle is a bad choice. Very little production vs top DB's. Example - vs Alabama twice last year total catches in 2 games 5. For a whopping 32 yards. He was invisible in the National Championship Game. I live in Alabama and see slot of the SEC and LSU. Randle is an imposter we don't need. I like Wright but we don't have the need to take a WR in round 1.

Veteran

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="Brandon jacobs"]Osi is easily negated by the run and gets taken out of the game easily. need a guy who can get around the end and stretch the line out and help allow a DE blitz or LB blitz.[/quote]

Oh yea? We are back on that fallacy again are we?

Go ahead and watch this Osi video for me and for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nlKDo_m694
    [/quote]

This is why people shouldn't pretend to be message board GMs. They hear one thing from these supposed "experts" on tv and then they form their opinions around that. Unless you have watched extensive tape on a player exclusively, then don't comment on their play because chances are you don't know ****. That video clearly shows that Osi CAN play the run.

Reese will try to go BPA ...if there is a cant miss prospect, I think he will take him no matter what position...with that being said, I think it would be hard to pass on a very capable DT or RB Doug Martin. We all know Bradshaw's injury history. I personally would love Da'Rell Scott to step up, but I get a feeling that the team isn't so high on him the way I am.

Other than Floyd and Blackmon, I dont think there are any WRs worth a 1st round pick. I have a feeling that one of the big talent DEs or DTs is gonna drop to us and we'll snag him up.

Osi may be leaving after this season
    Tuck is constantly fighting injury and isnt getting younger
    Tolly is gone
    JPP is AMAZING

At DT we have 2 excellent DTs with Canty and LJ, but after that we have marvin Austin who hasnt played in 2years and practice squad players.

This game is won in the trenches and the draft is stock full of talent in the trenches
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

+ Reply to Thread