+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DE or WR in the 1st

Re: DE or WR in the 1st

Neither. Those are positions we have some depth at. Who is our RB behind Bradshaw? No one thats who. That is the way we should go in round 1.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="Brandon jacobs"]Osi is easily negated by the run and gets taken out of the game easily. need a guy who can get around the end and stretch the line out and help allow a DE blitz or LB blitz.[/quote]

Oh yea? We are back on that fallacy again are we?

Go ahead and watch this Osi video for me and for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nlKDo_m694
    [/quote] This is why people shouldn't pretend to be message board GMs. They hear one thing from these supposed "experts" on tv and then they form their opinions around that. Unless you have watched extensive tape on a player exclusively, then don't comment on their play because chances are you don't know ****. That video clearly shows that Osi CAN play the run.[/quote]

Lets me translate what you just said......

"You guys think your smarter than JR and actually have no idea about these players and have no basis to give an opinion....BTW....here's my opinion..........."

Its a football message board. giving our two bit opinions is what its all about. Your "holier than thou" attitude is misplaced.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="Brandon jacobs"]Osi is easily negated by the run and gets taken out of the game easily. need a guy who can get around the end and stretch the line out and help allow a DE blitz or LB blitz.[/quote]

[/quote]

I applaud you sir. Also love the "Osi only is a speed rusher"... Of course 1:35 in the video would show otherwise...

DE..or even OT

Dline has a better chance imo......if we can get BPA & need at the same time Jerry won't pass.....
    Although WR is a bigger need imo,I don't see anyone being worth 32...

[quote user="Kase-1"]Other than Floyd and Blackmon, I dont think there are any WRs worth a 1st round pick.* I have a feeling that one of the big talent DEs or DTs is gonna drop to us and we'll snag him up.

Osi may be leaving after this season
    Tuck is constantly fighting injury and isnt getting younger
    Tolly is gone
    JPP is AMAZING

At DT we have 2 excellent DTs with Canty and LJ, but after that we have marvin Austin who hasnt played in 2years and practice squad players.

This game is won in the trenches and the draft is stock full of talent in the trenches
    [/quote]

+1

like sanu as well in 2nd round..but doubt he'll be there.

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Oh yea? We are back on that fallacy again are we?

[/quote]You're right. Osi is great.

But Terrell Thomas, what a bum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tUsUoMIHZc

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="Brandon jacobs"]Osi is easily negated by the run and gets taken out of the game easily. need a guy who can get around the end and stretch the line out and help allow a DE blitz or LB blitz.[/quote]

[/quote] This is why people shouldn't pretend to be message board GMs. They hear one thing from these supposed "experts" on tv and then they form their opinions around that. Unless you have watched extensive tape on a player exclusively, then don't comment on their play because chances are you don't know ****. That video clearly shows that Osi CAN play the run.[/quote]

Lets me translate what you just said......

"You guys think your smarter than JR and actually have no idea about these players and have no basis to give an opinion....BTW....here's my opinion..........."

Its a football message board.* giving our two bit opinions is what its all about.* Your "holier than thou" attitude is misplaced.

[/quote]

The guys been in the league for about 8 years now. It's not hard to put together a 5 minute highight reel for almost any 8 year vet, let alone a pro bowler. It doesn't mean he's a good run defender.

Over his career Osi has consistently been a liabilty versus the run. His favorite edge rushing move usually takes him out of any running play. The last couple of years he has sacraficed some of the edge he can get with his outside move to defend running lanes.

This isn't an argument. Osi has been benched because of his lack of run defense support. It's not from an inability to play the run in my opinion it is because he values sacks more than solid run defense. As he put it sacks and his edge rush move is where he "butters his bread".

I don't think that I and other Giants fans that don't think Osi is a good run defender are wrong. I think the problem is I watched Strahan- arguably the best run defending DE in the history of the NFL- all those years defend the run and I hold Osi to that standard, which is unfair. Still at best he's average versus the run.

In the tough times we find out who we are.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Warchild"]I think it's the only two positions that make sense for us to pick. If Stephen Hill is available I think he is our pick, someone who can stretch the field for Nicks & Cruz. If he is gone I think we go best available DE. Yes we need OL / RB / TE help, but those positions aren't as highly valued by our front office. Skill positions (WR / DE / CB ) always seem to come first.[/quote]

We have probably the best*group of DE's in the league and one of, if not thee most prolific WR tandem in the NFL.

How on earth are these our two biggest needs in the draft?

O line, RB, LB, safety are all more important needs.

[/quote]

WR dt and de are positions of need because they're all more valuable than the positions you listed. Contracts and potential injuries at these positions also bump up the need to have more of these players on our team.

+ Reply to Thread