+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DE or WR in the 1st

All-Pro

Re: DE or WR in the 1st

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Morehead State"]

And heres another reason we don't need Osi.

When he comes in he moves JPP to the left side and Tuck to tackle.* He moves two players out of position.* JPP had his most impactful games when Osi was hurt and he could be a full time right DE, where he excels.

So even for practical reasons, he's expendable.

[/quote]Osi is a luxury when he does that.

A third-fourth rounder is not as valuable as Osi.[/quote]

Especially since we'll get a comp pick for him if he leaves through FA

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Morehead State"]

When he comes in he moves JPP to the left side and Tuck to tackle. He moves two players out of position. JPP had his most impactful games when Osi was hurt and he could be a full time right DE, where he excels.

[/quote]Osi is a luxury when he does that. A third-fourth rounder is not as valuable as Osi.[/quote] Especially since we'll get a comp pick for him if he leaves through FA[/quote]

Wouldn't be better than a 5th or 6th, if that.

Look for us to trade Osi by draft day. And don't forget, trading Osi will free up $4MM plus in cap space which means we will have more room to sign our draftees. Maybe we wouldn't even have to make more cuts, which we will undoubtedly have to do if we keep Osi.

Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Morehead State"]

When he comes in he moves JPP to the left side and Tuck to tackle.* He moves two players out of position.* JPP had his most impactful games when Osi was hurt and he could be a full time right DE, where he excels.

[/quote]Osi is a luxury when he does that. A third-fourth rounder is not as valuable as Osi.[/quote] Especially since we'll get a comp pick for him if he leaves through FA[/quote]

Look for us to trade Osi by draft day.* And don't forget, trading Osi will free up $3MM plus in cap space which means we will have more room to sign our draftees.* Maybe we wouldn't even have to make more cuts, which we will undoubtedly have to do if we keep Osi.

[/quote]

we got a 4th rd pick for the small deals that smith and boss got and neither of them played much. Osi probably gets paid as much as both of them combined next offseason (if healthy).

If it's not a 2nd round pick then I don't think it's worth moving him. Draft picks are cheap, signing them is not really a concern for me.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Morehead State"]

When he comes in he moves JPP to the left side and Tuck to tackle. He moves two players out of position. JPP had his most impactful games when Osi was hurt and he could be a full time right DE, where he excels.

Look for us to trade Osi by draft day. And don't forget, trading Osi will free up $3MM plus in cap space which means we will have more room to sign our draftees. Maybe we wouldn't even have to make more cuts, which we will undoubtedly have to do if we keep Osi.

[/quote] we got a 4th rd pick for the small deals that smith and boss got and neither of them played much. Osi probably gets paid as much as both of them combined next offseason (if healthy). If it's not a 2nd round pick then I don't think it's worth moving him. Draft picks are cheap, signing them is not really a concern for me.[/quote]

there are a lot of factors that go in to this kind of thing. Trading him would free up cap space and enable us to address other needs. Plus he will be a problem this year Lawl, I just know it.

He's a constant malcontent. He had a good run at the end of last season and now he will feel entitled to a huge deal. Our back-up DE will want an extension.

I'm still pissed off that during the 2008 season (when he was happy to collect $8MM plus for not playing) he did an ESPN run one week and kept calling the Giants "them" and not "us". I've never heard a player do that ever before or since.

Sounds like a small deal but it pissed me right off.

Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Look for us to trade Osi by draft day.* And don't forget, trading Osi will free up $3MM plus in cap space which means we will have more room to sign our draftees.* Maybe we wouldn't even have to make more cuts, which we will undoubtedly have to do if we keep Osi.

[/quote] we got a 4th rd pick for the small deals that smith and boss got and neither of them played much. Osi probably gets paid as much as both of them combined next offseason (if healthy). If it's not a 2nd round pick then I don't think it's worth moving him. Draft picks are cheap, signing them is not really a concern for me.[/quote]

there are a lot of factors that go in to this kind of thing.* Trading him would free up cap space and enable us to address other needs.* Plus he will be a problem this year Lawl, I just know it.

He's a constant malcontent.* He had a good run at the end of last season and now he will feel entitled to a huge deal.* Our back-up DE will want an extension.

I'm still pissed off that during the 2008 season (when he was happy to collect $8MM plus for not playing) he did an ESPN run one week and kept calling the Giants "them" and not "us".* I've never heard a player do that ever before or since.

[/quote]

It's what happens on the field that counts.

I don't care if theyre circle jerking or in fist fights in the lockerroom, as long as they play well on Sundays that's all that matters.

You should know this, youve argued this same case before.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Look for us to trade Osi by draft day. And don't forget, trading Osi will free up $3MM plus in cap space which means we will have more room to sign our draftees. Maybe we wouldn't even have to make more cuts, which we will undoubtedly have to do if we keep Osi.

there are a lot of factors that go in to this kind of thing. Trading him would free up cap space and enable us to address other needs. Plus he will be a problem this year Lawl, I just know it.

He's a constant malcontent. He had a good run at the end of last season and now he will feel entitled to a huge deal. Our back-up DE will want an extension.

I'm still pissed off that during the 2008 season (when he was happy to collect $8MM plus for not playing) he did an ESPN run one week and kept calling the Giants "them" and not "us". I've never heard a player do that ever before or since.

[/quote] It's what happens on the field that counts. I don't care if theyre circle jerking or in fist fights in the lockerroom, as long as they play well on Sundays that's all that matters. You should know this, youve argued this same case before.[/quote]

His play on the field is inconsistent. His effort is uneven. He plays without dicipline, and he is essentially a second string player.

On the field he has flashes, mostly because we now only use him when he can do some good...in passing situations.

But on a side note...I don't like him either.

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

His play on the field is inconsistent. His effort is uneven. He plays without dicipline, and he is essentially a second string player.

On the field he has flashes, mostly because we now only use him when he can do some good...in passing situations.

But on a side note...I don't like him either.

[/quote]Technically he is a 2nd string player, but he produces like a 1st stringer, if you deny that you're nuts N-V-T-S!!!

His run defense isnt his bread and butter, hell its average at best, but his pass rush more than makes up for it. He's not our best all around DE, that goes to JPP (obviously, LOL) but Osi is an excellent player
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Warchild"]I think it's the only two positions that make sense for us to pick. If Stephen Hill is available I think he is our pick, someone who can stretch the field for Nicks & Cruz. If he is gone I think we go best available DE. Yes we need OL / RB / TE help, but those positions aren't as highly valued by our front office. Skill positions (WR / DE / CB ) always seem to come first.[/quote]

We have probably the bestgroup of DE's in the league and one of, if not thee most prolific WR tandem in the NFL.

How on earth are these our two biggest needs in the draft?

O line, RB, LB, safety are all more important needs.

[/quote]
    Osi and Kiwi are in the last years of their deal, we just lost Tollefson, and Tuck gets nicked up.

A guy like Nick Perry is a good pick if he is there at 32.
    [/quote]

On top of Kiwi and Osi's contracts up next year, when tolly left we lost the guy who most successfully replaced the injured tuck at the left DE spot. This is 1 of the reason I have been saying I think Chandler Jones will be looked at by the Giants. We have 1 guy who is a natural left end on the roster right now, and that is Tuck. His injuries have been mounting. JPP did ok on the left last year, but his numbers were far better when he was on the right side. Guys switching sides is not easy to do.

we get it you love chandler jones. must you keep repeating and reminding other posters every chance you get

+ Reply to Thread