+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Chandler Jones, Syracuse - Our first round pick?

[quote user="juice33s"]Good length, strength, and motor, but lacks elite athleticism that all top pass rushers possess. Never really beats tackles around the edge and usually just relies on a bull rush move. I don't really like his body type, looks as if he'll never gain the explosiveness needed no matter how much time he spends in the weight room. IMO kind of a tweener at this point, either he slims down and stays at 4/3 end or he bulks up 20+ pounds and plays the 3/4 five-tech.[/quote]

Agreed. He may have freaky long arms but hes not the prospect JPP was. JPP, at least, showed some flashes of downright dominance and was actually explosive and quick coming off the edge.

Jones at times has some burst, but for the most beats tackles with power or rip/swats techniques. He doesnt seem explosive to me. I think, like brockers, his upside is overrated. You're getting a 6-8 sack guy in the NFL, I don't see his ceiling all that high. Dislike him

Well again, it has no bearing on where Reese may have him valued, but the 2 guys most respected for their understanding of player ability and value, Mayock and Casserly, both have Jones as a late 1st round talent now. Casserly has him going to NE at 27.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Well again, it has no bearing on where Reese may have him valued, but the 2 guys most respected for their understanding of player ability and value, Mayock and Casserly, both have Jones as a late 1st round talent now. Casserly has him going to NE at 27.
    [/quote]yeah I saw that with Casserly's mock.

But like you said, it depends on where Reese has him on his big board. I would love him at 64, but like most people would agree, he most likely will be gone there. If the Giants pull the trigger on him at 32, I would be fine with it.

I would like to see a DE addressed in the draft as well as DT.

Speaking of Casserly's mock, he has the Giants selecting Hightower at 32 and Schwartz at 64.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

[quote user="tonyt830"]Speaking of Casserly's mock, he has the Giants selecting Hightower at 32 and Schwartz at 64.[/quote]

Ugh... Hightower's talents, as it stands currently, would be a waste on this defense. Schwartz is right up there in terms of run blocking as one of the best in this class, but his pass protection leaves a lot to be desired. Would live with it, but mostly dislike that draft

All-Pro

See this is the problem with offseasons. I made a thread on Chandler Jones after the college football season. Being a Cuse fan, I have seen him play a bunch. He is a very good DE. He was originally listed as a 3rd rounder, so I thought we would be good to get him with pick 63. But somehow from the end of college football to now, without one snap being played, he shot up boards and is now a possible 1st round pick. He is not worth the first round grade. He would of been a great pick in the end of the 2nd, but not the 1st. This is disappointing cause I really like him, but he will not be Reeses pick at 32.

No to Chandler Jones and Zach Brown at 32.