+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robert turbin

Robert turbin

I see a lot of mock drafts on here, as well with the "experts", having him go the giants in the 3rd or 4th. Tough to find any bad reviews on the guy. Why does everyone see him falling this far?

Re: Robert turbin

He doesn't always run hard.

He is an undisciplined runner.

ACL surgery junior year.

Isn't consistently aggressive, sometimes down by arm tackles -- actually, it is pretty frequent.

Unsure if he is a third down back.

He has potential, but with these question marks, how do you justify taking someone who is fit to be a number three running back the minute he goes into OTAs. I see him falling a little further, 4th-5th round range.

I do however see Turbin regaining explosiveness since he will enter his second year post ACL surgery, but it is kind of risky, because if that ACL goes again, there's an issue.

I wouldnt mind but I think the knock on him is pass blocking but im not sure
    The Gigalo with the most below

I have seen some highlights where he looks very good but some of the concerns can be seen. However, I got to see Auburns first game last season on TV vs. Utah State. I had never heard of Turbin. In that particular game he ran extremely hard, broke tackles, had really good vision to daylight and caught the ball. I don't remember his pass blocking. I told my wife near the end of the game the Giants could use him. Well low and behold we may get him. He punished Auburn all game! Wagner was also a beast that day.

[quote user="Shockeystays08"]He punished Auburn all game! [/quote]But it doesn't happen consistently. That is his potential, can he fulfill it on a consistent basis is the question. If he could in college, he'd be projected higher.

It was just one game. I think he had a pretty good Bowl Game but I didn't see it. I think he goes round 3-4 but has talent for a 2. I get your point!

I think michael smith has more upside

And by the looks of things, they even brought him in for a visit

Injury prone.....next!!!!

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="Shockeystays08"]He punished Auburn all game! [/quote]But it doesn't happen consistently. That is his potential, can he fulfill it on a consistent basis is the question. If he could in college, he'd be projected higher.[/quote] Well, he does play for Utah St.. U don't think Bernard Pierce and Ronnie Hillman fullfilled there potential on a consistent basis while at there respective schools? THere rated same area as Turbin...

[quote user="gmen0820"]He doesn't always run hard.

He is an undisciplined runner.

ACL surgery junior year.

Isn't consistently aggressive, sometimes down by arm tackles -- actually, it is pretty frequent.

Unsure if he is a third down back.

He has potential, but with these question marks, how do you justify taking someone who is fit to be a number three running back the minute he goes into OTAs. I see him falling a little further, 4th-5th round range.

I do however see Turbin regaining explosiveness since he will enter his second year post ACL surgery, but it is kind of risky, because if that ACL goes again, there's an issue.[/quote]Yeah not a big fan of Turbin myself. I actually want to go back and look closely at some of the Guard play at Utah State. Interesting they have 2 productive runners but no mention of anyone on the Oline. I agree with u he falls on draft day

+ Reply to Thread