+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dequan Menzie

All-Pro

Dequan Menzie

Looking for some opinions on him.

Is he a safety in the NFL like mayock says?

Where do you expect him to go if he's drafted to play corner...ditto for safety?

Likes, dislikes, etc

Re: Dequan Menzie

[quote user="lawl"]Looking for some opinions on him. Is he a safety in the NFL like mayock says? Where do you expect him to go if he's drafted to play corner...ditto for safety? Likes, dislikes, etc[/quote] I think the giants will show some interest, becasue of his versatility and size/speed.. I think guys like Menzie, Leonard Johnson, Stephone Gilmore, Omar Bolden, are gonna all be somewhere on reeses board...

I hope Casey Hayward is on his board as well...

He can play outside corner, but his value is inside covering the slot.

He is physical against the run, can blitz, cover shifty slot receivers. He would be very valuable to any defense. This kid can be a true riser on draft day.

Doesnt really fit what the giants look for. Could be a valuable nickelback for a lot of teams in the league though.

[quote user="gmen0820"]He can play outside corner, but his value is inside covering the slot. He is physical against the run, can blitz, cover shifty slot receivers. He would be very valuable to any defense. This kid can be a true riser on draft day.[/quote]That sounds like my kind of player.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="gmen0820"]He can play outside corner, but his value is inside covering the slot. He is physical against the run, can blitz, cover shifty slot receivers. He would be very valuable to any defense. This kid can be a true riser on draft day.[/quote]That sounds like my kind of player.[/quote]Yeah I like him too, but like Slip says, rarely do we target corners of his size.

I think some team will fall in love with what he can bring, and take him in the 3rd. Plus, I see T2 as being just as viable a slot corner. He is physical, he can blitz, if his knee is okay he can cover. I expect T2 to have Rolle's job as the nickel back.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="gmen0820"]He can play outside corner, but his value is inside covering the slot. He is physical against the run, can blitz, cover shifty slot receivers. He would be very valuable to any defense. This kid can be a true riser on draft day.[/quote]That sounds like my kind of player.[/quote]Yeah I like him too, but like Slip says, rarely do we target corners of his size. I think some team will fall in love with what he can bring, and take him in the 3rd. Plus, I see T2 as being just as viable a slot corner. He is physical, he can blitz, if his knee is okay he can cover. I expect T2 to have Rolle's job as the nickel back.[/quote]

We're all pulling for Thomas but he is going to be a long way off till mid season.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="gmen0820"]He can play outside corner, but his value is inside covering the slot. He is physical against the run, can blitz, cover shifty slot receivers. He would be very valuable to any defense. This kid can be a true riser on draft day.[/quote]That sounds like my kind of player.[/quote]Yeah I like him too, but like Slip says, rarely do we target corners of his size. I think some team will fall in love with what he can bring, and take him in the 3rd. Plus, I see T2 as being just as viable a slot corner. He is physical, he can blitz, if his knee is okay he can cover. I expect T2 to have Rolle's job as the nickel back.[/quote] Corners of his size? Hes just about 5ft 11in and over 200lbs... I think he'd interest Reese bigtime to be honest... Hes aggresive, good with the ball in the air, versatile, hustle player..etc

The giants just resigned Bruce Johnson whos 5ft 11in 182lbs.. Prince Amukumura and Menzie are almost identical in size, with Prince being a inch taller and 4lbs heavier... Justin Tryon just got resigned and hes only 5ft 9in 183lbs.. I would put Menzie in the TT/WEBSTER/PRINCE size/measurables category over guys like Tryon and Johnson... Hes closer to the that group then Tryon and Johnson...

All-Pro

For some reason I thought he was like 6'1"

[quote user="lawl"]For some reason I thought he was like 6'1"[/quote] Your probably thinking about Mark Barron, whos 6ft 1in...