+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dequan Menzie

Re: Dequan Menzie

I got a feeling your not that thrilled with my opinions but I am pretty familiar with Menzie since I live in Alabama and am SURROUNDED by Bama fans! First Nick Saben loves this kid and feels he has what it takes to play In the NFL . The previous comment that he is suited to cover the slot is correct. He is an annoying pesky pain in the butt to anyone trying to get free from him. He is not a hard hitter but a very good tackler. His projection to Safety must be cause of his 4.6 40. he has good game speed, good angles to the ball sidesteps blockers. I have not seen him in the safety spot so I can't say much on that projection. He is a quality kid and a very good football player. On a side note Reuban Randle could do little vs. Menzie. 2 games - total 5 catches for a miserable 32 yards an no score!

[quote user="Shockeystays08"]I got a feeling your not that thrilled with my opinions but I am pretty familiar with Menzie since I live in Alabama and am SURROUNDED by Bama fans! First Nick Saben loves this kid and feels he has what it takes to play In the NFL . The previous comment that he is suited to cover the slot is correct. He is an annoying pesky pain in the butt to anyone trying to get free from him. He is not a hard hitter but a very good tackler. His projection to Safety must be cause of his 4.6 40. he has good game speed, good angles to the ball sidesteps blockers. I have not seen him in the safety spot so I can't say
    much on that projection. He is a quality kid and a very good
    football player. On a side note Reuban Randle could do little vs.
    Menzie. 2 games - total 5 catches for a miserable 32 yards an no
    score![/quote]

I guess I should add Dre Kirkpatrick contributed the the shut down of Randle but when Menzie had Randle coverage it was lights out! Menzie was targeted all year because of Kirkpatrick but teams had little success.

All-Pro

[quote user="Shockeystays08"][quote user="Shockeystays08"]I got a feeling your not that thrilled with my opinions but I am pretty familiar with Menzie since I live in Alabama and am SURROUNDED by Bama fans! First Nick Saben loves this kid and feels he has what it takes to play In the NFL . The previous comment that he is suited to cover the slot is correct. He is an annoying pesky pain in the butt to anyone trying to get free from him. He is not a hard hitter but a very good tackler. His projection to Safety must be cause of his 4.6 40. he has good game speed, good angles to the ball sidesteps blockers. I have not seen him in the safety spot so I can't say
    much on that projection. He is a quality kid and a very good
    football player. On a side note Reuban Randle could do little vs.
    Menzie. 2 games - total 5 catches for a miserable 32 yards an no
    score![/quote]

I guess I should add Dre Kirkpatrick contributed the the shut down of Randle but when Menzie had Randle coverage it was lights out! Menzie was targeted all year because of Kirkpatrick but teams had little success.[/quote]

Thanks for.the input.

After learning his height I dont think the giants will draft him to play safety.

I'm thinking your right.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Corners of his size? Hes just about 5ft 11in and over 200lbs...* [/quote]

Giants are a very strict height/weight/speed team.

Menzie has good size, but is not a speed guy.

Thomas is the slowest CB Ive seen them draft, and he ran a 4.45. Menzie ran a 4.75....

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="lawl"]For some reason I thought he was like 6'1"[/quote] Your probably thinking about Mark Barron, whos 6ft 1in...[/quote]He could of been listed at that before the combine measurements.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Corners of his size? Hes just about 5ft 11in and over 200lbs... [/quote] Giants are a very strict height/weight/speed team. Menzie has good size, but is not a speed guy. Thomas is the slowest CB Ive seen them draft, and he ran a 4.45. Menzie ran a 4.75....[/quote] So, u don't think there gonna be interested in Leonard Johnson either then? I remember u guys saying we only like CBS with certain size, but yet we re-signed both Bruce Johnson and Justin Tryon..I think Menzie and Leonard Johnson both fall right into the category that Reese likes... I don't think Reese goes only one way on any positon, it just seems that way.. It just goes that way sometimes, and overtime, i'm all most positive you'll see guys of all diffrent shapes and sizes and speeds get drafted.. Just because over a few yr stretch, we've drafted 4or 5 cb's, and signed a couple more, there mostly all 6fters and what not, then thats all we draft or sign...

Thats my opinion anyways...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Corners of his size? Hes just about 5ft 11in and over 200lbs...* [/quote] Giants are a very strict height/weight/speed team. Menzie has good size, but is not a speed guy. Thomas is the slowest CB Ive seen them draft, and he ran a 4.45. Menzie ran a 4.75....[/quote]** So, u don't think there gonna be interested in Leonard Johnson either then?* I remember u guys saying we only like CBS with certain size, but yet we re-signed both Bruce Johnson and Justin Tryon..**I think Menzie and Leonard Johnson both fall right into the category that Reese likes...* I don't think Reese goes only one way on any positon, it just seems that way..* It just goes that way sometimes, and overtime, i'm all most positive you'll see guys of all diffrent shapes and sizes and speeds get drafted..* Just because over a* few yr stretch, we've drafted 4or 5 cb's, and signed a couple more, there mostly all 6fters and what not, then thats all we draft or sign...

Thats my opinion anyways...

[/quote]Giants have the tallest Defense in the NFL its not an accident.They look for taller players for the base defense. They do need smaller quicker guys for specific match ups though

Marvin Austin is only 6'1 and has 32 inch arms.

Not terrible, obviously, but I'm getting tired of the over generalizations people make about the giants not drafting a prospect b/ of size/speed/strength factor. Maybe they value them less, but dont think they'll just remove a corner off their board because he's about a half inch less in height than what they value in corners

[quote user="Neverend"]Marvin Austin is only 6'1 and has 32 inch arms.

Not terrible, obviously, but I'm getting tired of the over generalizations people make about the giants not drafting a prospect b/ of size/speed/strength factor. Maybe they value them less, but dont think they'll just remove a corner off their board because he's about a half inch less in height than what they value in corners[/quote]Not removed but its obvious they like height specifically in their defenders