+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

If Osi is traded for a 2nd and 5th

we should then should try to trade down and pick up a second in next years draft...

Re: If Osi is traded for a 2nd and 5th

[quote user="Warchild"]we should then should try to trade down and pick up a second in next years draft...[/quote]

What makes you think anybody is giving us a second for Osi?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Warchild"]we should then should try to trade down and pick up a second in next years draft...[/quote] What makes you think anybody is giving us a second for Osi?[/quote]

Probably wouldn't get any more than a 3rd. But we would free up $4MM plus in cap room.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Can you imagine the outcry if Reese lets him go for LESS than a 2nd rounder?
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

[quote user="FBomb"]Can you imagine the outcry if Reese lets him go for LESS than a 2nd rounder?[/quote]

I know it will be especially fun around here. And I'm all for that.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

As much as I like the excitement of trades and getting new players through the draft, I can't help but think that Osi is most valuable to us playing out his contract here, and then getting whatever compensatory future picks for him signing big elsewhere.

And I wouldn't consider myself a loyal Osi fan or an Osi hater. Giants fan only.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="FBomb"]Can you imagine the outcry if Reese lets him go for LESS than a 2nd rounder?[/quote]

[/quote]

Hahaaa!!! Love it. [B]
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Warchild"]we should then should try to trade down and pick up a second in next years draft...[/quote] What makes you think anybody is giving us a second for Osi?[/quote]

Probably wouldn't get any more than a 3rd.* But we would free up $4MM plus in cap room.

[/quote]

I don't think its realistic to expect anything better than a 4th and for that I don't think its worth trading him.

If I were JR I'd give him a little boost this year to keep him happy...and then let him go on his merry way.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="RagTime Blue"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

Hahaaa!!! Love it. [B]
    [/quote]

ITELLNOLIES would be found dead in a warm bath with gaping wounds on his wrists.

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Veteran

I really think the Rivers trade is the writing on the wall for Osi.

Boley, Jacquian, Kiwi and Rivers. No reason to spend the 5th round pick plus whatever money River's is owed for depth. I just don't see it. I'm thinking Osi is gone and Kiwi is going to move back down to DE.