+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: If Osi is traded for a 2nd and 5th

Re: If Osi is traded for a 2nd and 5th

Nobody traded for him because he was coming off a year where he was still rounding into form off a knee injury and nobody was giving up a high pick for a guy with 7 sacks. Why do you constantly ignore the facts. Osi came back strong last year and proved he is still a dominate pass rusher and can be for at least 4 to 5 more seasons. He is only 30. We just have to agree to disagree. Pass rushers are such a hot commodity in the NFL right now and you are not going to convince me that a team close to contending and has cap space would not want Osi on their team for a 2nd.

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Bigbluefan1974"][quote user="myles2424"]U people that actually think losing a probowl DE is worth a 2nd round pick make me sick....[/quote]

So what is he worth if he doesn't want to stay and the Giants can't afford to give him what he wants?
    [/quote] has Osi actually been quoted saying he doesn't want to be a Giant?[/quote]

No, he wants to stay but on his terms; MORE money and being a starter. We don't know what he wants in terms of money but he hints he's worth a lot. His not wanting to be a back up is a bit problematic because he's not a better DE than either Tuck or JPP.

If he insists that he wants to start, it may have to be somewhere else. The real question is when. He's still under contract.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="Bigbluefan1974"]Nobody traded for him because he was coming off a year where he was still rounding into form off a knee injury and nobody was giving up a high pick for a guy with 7 sacks.* Why do you constantly ignore the facts.* Osi came back strong last year and proved he is still a dominate pass rusher and can be for at least 4 to 5 more seasons.* He is only 30.* We just have to agree to disagree.* Pass rushers are such a hot commodity in the NFL right now and you are not going to convince me that a team close to contending and has cap space would not want Osi on their team for a 2nd.
    [/quote]

I agree with you and I disagree with you.

I agree that there could very likely be at least 1 or 2--if not more--teams that would value Osi's talents, specialized as they are, and be willing to take the small risk of whether or not he has another 4-5 years of high production left in him enough to offer a 2nd rd pick for him.

I disagree that Osi will not play for us in 2012, however. I disagree that, if he were to stay here in 2012, he would be any kind of "distraction". He's notoriously publicly complained about his contract in the past and has NEVER been a distraction to team mates or to the extent of his performance level being diminished.

And I don't want to nit pick, but you are off a year with your reference to his "coming off a year where he was still rounding into form off a knee injury". He accomplished that in 2010--with 11 1/2 sacks and 10 FF--before he was put on the trade market for 48 hours Aug 2011.

Oh my bad, thanks for the correction. I read the wrong year. In my eyes that furthers my point. 11.5 sacks in 2010. 12.5 in 2011 and he missed time. His knee is 100% now. All I know is, he wants to be a starter and that won't happen on the Giants. He wants a lot more money and that also will not happen on the Giants. His agent is probably going to tell him to hold out. Like I said, he is 30 and the time to get a new deal is now while his value is high. If he gets hurt in this last year of his deal, he is completely screwed. I wish the Giants had the money to sign him and as much as I like Osi in pass rushing situations, he is not going to start over JPP. I just don't see Osi wanting to stay to play out his deal and Reese can't accommodate him money wise or roster wise. That's why I think a trade could happen. I wish Osi could stay and finish his career here.

Nobody wanted to trade anything exciting for him because he doensn't play 16 games, and that's as a specialty player, what's he going to play 4 games as a full timer?
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

+ Reply to Thread