+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Ben Roethlisberger An Elite Quarterback ?

Re: Is Ben Roethlisberger An Elite Quarterback ?

[quote user="flamethrower"]Hate to say it, but he is Elite. Top 10. I personally place him at #5.
    Drew Breez is #1
    Aaron Rodgers is #2
    Eli Manning is #3
    Tom Brady is #4
    Roethlisberger is #5
    Matt Scaubb is #6 He would be higher, but can't stay healthy.
    Drew Stanton is #7
    Then you have a Huuuge drop off.
    [/quote]
    Shaubb and Stanton? What?

yea that was definitely stafford not stanton buddy

[quote user="flamethrower"]Well he threw for over 5,000 yards last season. And for the First time in ages the Lions made the Playoffs. He is on there more for what he "Potentially" can do. Rather than what he has done. And Only Marino, Breez, and Stanton can say that they threw for over 5,000 yards in a season.
    [/quote]

yea that was definitely stafford not stanton buddy

[quote user="flamethrower"]Well he threw for over 5,000 yards last season. And for the First time in ages the Lions made the Playoffs. He is on there more for what he "Potentially" can do. Rather than what he has done. And Only Marino, Breez, and Stanton can say that they threw for over 5,000 yards in a season.
    [/quote]

Brady threw for over 5,000 and the lions QB's name is Matt Stafford :/
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

He has had one of the worst offensive lines around him in his tenure in the league and he has still been to three super bowls. When I look at him, I think that he is as much a Steeler as guys like Hines Ward and Jerome Bettis ever were. Who cares if he is an elite quarterback, he is the right guy for that team.

[/quote]No he didn't. Drew Stanton is a back up qb. Do you mean matthew stafford? number 1 pick? how do you not know that

[quote user="giantman8493"][quote user="flamethrower"]Well he threw for over 5,000 yards last season. And for the First time in ages the Lions made the Playoffs. He is on there more for what he "Potentially" can do. Rather than what he has done. And Only Marino, Breez, and Stanton can say that they threw for over 5,000 yards in a season.
    [/quote]No he didn't. Drew Stanton is a back up qb. Do you mean matthew stafford? number 1 pick? how do you not know that[/quote]My mistake. Thanks for correcting me. You figured out who I meant. I got my Lions young Qb's mixed up. Sorry for my snafu.
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

No. He is typically ranked high for what he has done rather than for what he actually is-- and what he has done was greatly aided by the Steeler's stout defense.

Wouldn't call him elite by any means, but he can get the job done for the Steelers so that's all that really matters.

Depending how Peyton plays next year, I'd rank him about 6th overall.

Side note, for the people ranking Peyton anything lower than two, is that based on the assumption that he will not return to form this coming season?

[quote user="flamethrower"]Hate to say it, but he is Elite. Top 10. I personally place him at #5.
    Drew Breez is #1
    Aaron Rodgers is #2
    Eli Manning is #3
    Tom Brady is #4
    Roethlisberger is #5
    Matt Scaubb is #6 He would be higher, but can't stay healthy.
    Drew Stanton is #7
    Then you have a Huuuge drop off.
    [/quote]

I know you're a Texans fan and all, but do you really believe Matt Schaub is the 6th best QB in the league?

My Top 10 entering into next season would be:

1) Aaron Rodgers
    2) Tom Brady
    3) Drew Brees
    4) Eli Manning
    5) Tony Romo
    6) Matthew Stafford
    7) Philip Rivers
    8) Ben Roethlisberger
    9) Matt Schaub
    10) Peyton Manning (only putting him here because I'm not sure what he's gonna look like after his surgery - but I'm pretty sure he'll still be somewhere on this list)

+ Reply to Thread