+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Is Ben Roethlisberger An Elite Quarterback ?

[quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts"]Are you trolling? Haha.

No he's not elite. He might squeak his way into the top 10, but he never carries his team. He got beat by freakin Tebow.
    [/quote]
    No I am not trolling. I just expressed my opinion of him. Notice that I didn't say #1. He is an elite QB. And Tebow didn't beat The Steelers Offense. Last time I checked Roethlisberger don't play defense. They would not have won either Super Bowl with either Charlie Batch, or Dennis Dixon, or Byron Leftwitch playing Quarterback either.
    I answered the question. Stated my opinion on where he is as far as Elite QB's go. If I was trolling do you think I would have put Eli Manning near the top, or Forgotten Tony "Drop the Ball" Romo?
    [/quote]
    U realize that the steelers won that first SB he was in despite him not because of him. He was absolutely terrible in that game. In his second he was a lot better and did make that huge throw to Holmes with seconds left
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Slunk3AM"]My Top 10 entering into next season would be: 1) Aaron Rodgers 2) Tom Brady 3) Drew Brees 4) Eli Manning 5) Tony Romo 6) Matthew Stafford 7) Philip Rivers 8) Ben Roethlisberger 9) Matt Schaub 10) Peyton Manning (only putting him here because I'm not sure what he's gonna look like after his surgery - but I'm pretty sure he'll still be somewhere on this list)[/quote]</P>

lol . . . romo ahead of stafford, rivers, ben and peyton</P>[/quote]

Don't let your Cowboys hatred blind you. Romo is a good QB - if he can just not choke during important moments. I think he, Stafford, Rivers, and Ben are all quite close and can be interchanged with one another. In other words, I don't think Romo is that far better or worse to the point that it deserves additional attention.

Also, if you knew how to follow through reading, you will notice Peyton is only at 10 because I am unsure how he is gonna come out of that surgery... but that I am sure he'll be somewhere top 10 for sure.

It's okay, we can agree to disagree. I don't have to laugh at your opinion though just because I disagree with it. I think I left that part of me in high school.

[quote user="Slunk3AM"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Slunk3AM"]My Top 10 entering into next season would be: 1) Aaron Rodgers 2) Tom Brady 3) Drew Brees 4) Eli Manning 5) Tony Romo 6) Matthew Stafford 7) Philip Rivers 8) Ben Roethlisberger 9) Matt Schaub 10) Peyton Manning (only putting him here because I'm not sure what he's gonna look like after his surgery - but I'm pretty sure he'll still be somewhere on this list)[/quote]</P>

Don't let your Cowboys hatred blind you. Romo is a good QB - if he can just not choke during important moments. I think he, Stafford, Rivers, and Ben are all quite close and can be interchanged with one another. In other words, I don't think Romo is that far better or worse to the point that it deserves additional attention.

Also, if you knew how to follow through reading, you will notice Peyton is only at 10 because I am unsure how he is gonna come out of that surgery... but that I am sure he'll be somewhere top 10 for sure.

It's okay, we can agree to disagree. I don't have to laugh at your opinion though just because I disagree with it. I think I left that part of me in high school.[/quote]
    That's a big if because every time a moment in a game matters, Romo chokes. Romo is the only QB I can think of who can throw for 500 yards and still almost single handedly find a way to lose the game for his team.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Slunk3AM"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

It's okay, we can agree to disagree. I don't have to laugh at your opinion though just because I disagree with it. I think I left that part of me in high school.[/quote]
    That's a big if because every time a moment in a game matters, Romo chokes. Romo is the only QB I can think of who can throw for 500 yards and still almost single handedly find a way to lose the game for his team.[/quote]

I agree - but for me he's consistent enough on a regular basis to be considered here. Rivers couldn't do anything with all his weapons, Stafford is good but, still, not better than Romo usually, Roethlisberger has proven he can lose games too... and though Peyton is usually top 3, its well known that his playoff performances are dismal.

Starter

[quote user="Slunk3AM"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

It took 2 Superbowls and more importantly this years SB where he practically dragged our team kicking and screaming to a few victories before people give Eli that kind of credit. Romo had not 1 but 2 chances to not only make the playoffs but kick us out and maybe make that mystical run of their own but no Tony fell short on all those chances. While he doesn't suck like bottom of the league bad he is one of the lower end top QB's or top end of the middle QB's in the 10 spot range. Unfortunately until he wins something he will probably remain there. Especially if you take into account all the "talent" Romo has supposedly had around him according to the media. lol

I won't give you a hard time about Peyton except for if you think he is gonna be hampered why even put him on the list, personally I'd put him top 3, if I was gonna include him until he proves otherwise. As for as Playoffs it isn't like Romo lights it up in the playoffs either.

[quote user="JPP"][quote user="Slunk3AM"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

It took 2 Superbowls and more importantly this years SB where he practically dragged our team kicking and screaming to a few victories before people give Eli that kind of credit. Romo had not 1 but 2 chances to not only make the playoffs but kick us out and maybe make that mystical run of their own but no Tony fell short on all those chances. While he doesn't suck like bottom of the league bad he is one of the lower end top QB's or top end of the middle QB's in the 10 spot range. Unfortunately until he wins something he will probably remain there. Especially if you take into account all the "talent" Romo has supposedly had around him according to the media. lol

I won't give you a hard time about Peyton except for if you think he is gonna be hampered why even put him on the list, personally I'd put him top 3, if I was gonna include him, until he proves otherwise.[/quote]

I can agree with these points.

Starter

[quote user="Slunk3AM"][quote user="JPP"][quote user="Slunk3AM"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

I won't give you a hard time about Peyton except for if you think he is gonna be hampered why even put him on the list, personally I'd put him top 3, if I was gonna include him, until he proves otherwise.[/quote]

I can agree with these points.[/quote]

Oh...well, I'm glad. :P lol

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Slunk3AM"]My Top 10 entering into next season would be: 1) Aaron Rodgers 2) Tom Brady 3) Drew Brees 4) Eli Manning 5) Tony Romo 6) Matthew Stafford 7) Philip Rivers 8) Ben Roethlisberger 9) Matt Schaub 10) Peyton Manning (only putting him here because I'm not sure what he's gonna look like after his surgery - but I'm pretty sure he'll still be somewhere on this list)[/quote]</p>

lol . . . romo ahead of stafford, rivers, ben and peyton</p>[/quote]
    Really, ... Romo is a mediocre QB, at best. A mediocre QB in an age of elites. How many years has that offense been stacked with talent and he's done nothing with it? Nothing!! Romo is not a winner. I'd take Mark Sanchez before I'd take Romo. Sanchez may not be a winner either but I don't know that yet. I do know it about Romo.

Romo is a loser. LEH-HOO ... ZEH-HUR!! LOSER!!
    [quote user="Slunk3AM"]...

Don't let your Cowboys hatred blind you. Romo is a good QB - if he can just not choke during important moments.

...[/quote]
    <font color="#FF0000">Oh, okay then. We'll just pretend that never happens.</font>

[quote user="greenca190"]He has had one of the worst offensive lines around him in his tenure in the league and he has still been to three super bowls. When I look at him, I think that he is as much a Steeler as guys like Hines Ward and Jerome Bettis ever were. Who cares if he is an elite quarterback, he is the right guy for that team.[/quote]
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that Ben and the Steelers have not made it to a SB if they have less than a top 5 defense in both yards and scoring. So, even though he's had poor offensive lines (some of that can actually be attributed to him holding the ball too long), his defense has been the key to their SB appearances and wins.

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]That's the game plan, what do you expect, just man up and stop him and stop whining.[/quote]

My point was that his "record setting season" came from the fact that they played a lot of games like ours. Defense just giving up and quieting. Sorry I'm not impressed by a guy who scores 510 yards on a team that has just stopped trying. Look at the schedule and realize that our D wasn't the only one that just gave up in his dome, and he simply isn't as impressive to me at least.</p>

And yeah, I played the game as a kid too. I get what your saying to a point, but honestly just beating a team into dust to make your numbers look God like well you throw in your "superdome" doesn't impress me. Sorry. Oh look he threw a 60 yard pass on a D that gave up when the score was 35-7. Yeah he is special alright.
    </p>