+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Team needs and the draft

Needs: RB Depth, TE Depth, WR Depth, DT, S Depth, LB Depth

Who do you think would fall to us in a BPA situation in which we would draft them?

I would love Devon Still and Mychal Kendricks in the first 2 rounds, or maybe Miller/Fleener for the offensive side, but would prefer LaMichael in the 3rd

Re: Team needs and the draft

I just don't see us taking a TE or RB in the 1st. But this draft is deep in the defensive line... we don't necessarily have an IMMEDIATE need at that position (DE or DT) but we will in the near future.

On the other hand you didn't list it but I think our OL is a big need. It flat out sucked last year, pass blocking and run blocking. There has to be changes there.

Agree in areas of need.

We have competition at alot of psns. As i have stated in my other posted thread, we need a starting RT.

I do believe we can add another top safety and DT. Then in a year we can consider getting rid of Rolle and Canty or restructuring their contracts to have money to pay Nicks and Cruz.,

All-Pro

i could see us going o-line, cb or wr

cb b/c once you get beyond the 1st couple rounds ... i don't think there are players ready to help immediately

wr see above ... altho Mr. Cruz would beg to differ

o-line b/c of need ... even though u can find players in later rounds

Bench Player

thank u! seems like not enough people are pushing for oline... it HAS to be the biggest need... now if u say nobody is worth the 32nd pick, ok...

forget about needs. We just filled our needs with free agents. OL is taken care of with Locklear. And then we have 3 young OL in Petrus, Cordle and Brewer plus Boothe.
    LB is taken care of with Rivers and Chase.
    Secondary is taken care of with Brown, Horton, Molden and all the CBs coming back from last year who were on IR.
    So Reese will go all out and take a pass rushing DE in the first to add to our already dominant DL and make our strength even more potent.