+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mike Adams = Will Beaty part 2?

Seems like everything I have read about this guy is that he is the second coming of Will Beaty? Not sure we need another tackle like Beatty...we need power and strength in the run game, not another finess tackle, who under performed at the combine.

Thoughts?

Re: Mike Adams = Will Beaty part 2?

I think adams issue is inconsistency.

Beatty was just so raw

Interesting comparison though, makes you think. I can see some correlations between the two

However, I've never seen an offensive tackle prospect as weak/fineese as Beatty coming out. Took him 2 years to bulk up as now he doesnt get pushed against power so easily anymore

Veteran

Everything I've heard about Mike Adams has been bad. not interested

and maybe it doesn't mean anything..but Adams choose to wear a bow tie on his draft profile photo. I mean really ? 6'7 315 dude who wears a bow tie? That alone would be enough for me not to draft him..

So another starting quality LT? Not bad.

All-Pro

Hopefully they gell because last year although we won the SB we were very shaky on the Oline
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="Neverend"]I think adams issue is inconsistency.

Beatty was just so raw

Interesting comparison though, makes you think. I can see some correlations between the two

However, I've never seen an offensive tackle prospect as weak/fineese as Beatty coming out. Took him 2 years to bulk up as now he doesnt get pushed against power so easily anymore[/quote]I think he might mean soft. Ive heard Jonathan Martin be compared to Beatty in that way. I really dont like the First round tackles other then Kalil and Reif. Id take Massie 3rd I think

[quote user="slipknottin"]So another starting quality LT? Not bad.[/quote]

i think thats a poor thing to say if you are going to defend beatty.

the job was handed to him for him not to lose... and his competition? Quite possibly the worst starting LT in the NFL named david diehl

He is not the most impressive man to beat for a starting job at LT and beatty couldn't beat him out in 2010

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="slipknottin"]So another starting quality LT? Not bad.[/quote]

the job was handed to him for him not to lose... and his competition? Quite possibly the worst starting LT in the NFL named david diehl

He is not the most impressive man to beat for a starting job at LT and beatty couldn't beat him out in 2010[/quote]

Hes a young lt that started half the year at lt before getting injured. And for all the flak he takes, he actually held his own vs some elite pass rushers, cole, okarkpo among others...

I honestly cannot believe some of the player analysis...ridiculous...he was not the reason our ol struggled...at all. I look forward to the progress hes going to show next season.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="slipknottin"]So another starting quality LT? Not bad.[/quote]

He is not the most impressive man to beat for a starting job at LT and beatty couldn't beat him out in 2010[/quote]

Hes a young lt that started half the year at lt before getting injured. And for all the flak he takes, he actually held his own vs some elite pass rushers, cole, okarkpo among others...

I honestly cannot believe some of the player analysis...ridiculous...he was not the reason our ol struggled...at all. I look forward to the progress hes going to show next season.[/quote]

What's your definition of 'held his own'. Being extremely inconsistent gettin away from holds giving up pressures?

pft.. he barely could handle chris 'the elite pass rusher' clemons:

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PsHK6vmk84[/link]