+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Adams = Will Beaty part 2?

Re: Mike Adams = Will Beaty part 2?

what about brewer..giants have drafted a tackle rd2 beatty &brewer rd4 which is fairly high for OL..if giants pick OL in rd 1 he better start sooner than later..some experts think giants go for wr..hill reminds reese of jpp in that they both have athletic and raw skills..id go for the sure receiver in fleener who could be a gronk or a graham of the saints..2 te formations with bennet or pasco

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="slipknottin"]So another starting quality LT? Not bad.[/quote]

i think thats a poor thing to say if you are going to defend beatty.

the job was handed to him for him not to lose... and his competition? Quite possibly the worst starting LT in the NFL named david diehl

He is not the most impressive man to beat for a starting job at LT and beatty couldn't beat him out in 2010[/quote]

Hes a young lt that started half the year at lt before getting injured. And for all the flak he takes, he actually held his own vs some elite pass rushers, cole, okarkpo among others...

I honestly cannot believe some of the player analysis...ridiculous...he was not the reason our ol struggled...at all. I look forward to the progress hes going to show next season.[/quote]

What's your definition of 'held his own'. Being extremely inconsistent gettin away from holds giving up pressures?

pft.. he barely could handle chris 'the elite pass rusher' clemons:

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PsHK6vmk84[/link][/quote]

Lmfao. Thank you. Your use of a youtube clip as some sort of evidence of the player beatty, or anyone is, disqualifies you from any sort of rational, logical player analysis better than any post i could write.

[quote user="Axels15"]Everything I've heard about Mike Adams has been bad. not interested[/quote]

+1

[quote user="giantsfan420"]Lmfao. Thank you. Your use of a youtube clip as some sort of evidence of the player beatty, or anyone is, disqualifies you from any sort of rational, logical player analysis better than any post i could write. [/quote]

Using a video like that for an argument is absolutely credible. That video showed both beatty's bad & good plays and from the looks of it the majority of offensive snaps. Its not like its a highlight video or something

And in that very video...beatty struggled against a pass rusher who is solid but not in the same class as orakpo/cole that you claim beatty held his own against. I disagree, I saw beatty struggle against cole. Like the OP nevada said.. its more about inconsistency, giving up pressures, stop making congestion & instead of holes in the running game. Just 'cause you necessarily don't give up a sack doesn't mean anything. Then again, not sure what you exactly mean by that beatty held his own

I'd personally like to see Beatty become more physical, engage with pass rusher better, and finish his blocks too. He looks like a passive player.. im not a huge fan but he has some upside i guess

+1, gotta agree. I was originally fine with him when I saw his name linked with the Giants in quite a few mock drafts but I've read that his weakness is that he seems to take plays off and lacks prototypical strength. The seems to be unmotivated at times part worries me the most.

I'd rather have a guy who has a motor but needs to learn the finer aspects of football, like Petrus. "Motivation" and "motor" can't be learned.

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="giantsfan420"]Lmfao. Thank you. Your use of a youtube clip as some sort of evidence of the player beatty, or anyone is, disqualifies you from any sort of rational, logical player analysis better than any post i could write. [/quote]

Using a video like that for an argument is absolutely credible. That video showed both beatty's bad & good plays and from the looks of it the majority of offensive snaps. Its not like its a highlight video or something

And in that very video...beatty struggled against a pass rusher who is solid but not in the same class as orakpo/cole that you claim beatty held his own against. I disagree, I saw beatty struggle against cole. Like the OP nevada said.. its more about inconsistency, giving up pressures, stop making congestion & instead of holes in the running game. Just 'cause you necessarily don't give up a sack doesn't mean anything. Then again, not sure what you exactly mean by that beatty held his own

I'd personally like to see Beatty become more physical, engage with pass rusher better, and finish his blocks too. He looks like a passive player.. im not a huge fan but he has some upside i guess[/quote]

See, this is where the difference is, some people think u can define a player by any 4sort minute youtube clip, while others think itd prob take hours if not days to watch enough tape to ACCURATELY assess a player....theres actually people in the giants organization dedicate alot of time and resources to get an accurate evaluation of a player. Beatty is the starting lt, hes young, and in his first action starting he did hold his own vs cole and orakpo, i belive both were shut out...does that mean hes an all pro? No i just know hes a young player, and that one random 4 min youtube clip aint gonna tell u *** about a player put in context of overall game time played

Veteran

[quote user="Warchild"]and maybe it doesn't mean anything..but Adams choose to wear a bow tie on his draft profile photo. I mean really ? 6'7 315 dude who wears a bow tie? That alone would be enough for me not to draft him..[/quote]

LOL

Pros: Good combination of athleticism, size (6-7), and wingspan; tough, physical style. Plenty of upside.

Cons: Sloppy footwork; lack of reliability and consistency (injuries/suspensions); play a little too tall. Also, wears a bow tie.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="giantsfan420"]Lmfao. Thank you. Your use of a youtube clip as some sort of evidence of the player beatty, or anyone is, disqualifies you from any sort of rational, logical player analysis better than any post i could write. [/quote]

I'd personally like to see Beatty become more physical, engage with pass rusher better, and finish his blocks too. He looks like a passive player.. im not a huge fan but he has some upside i guess[/quote]

See, this is where the difference is, some people think u can define a player by any 4sort minute youtube clip, while others think itd prob take hours if not days to watch enough tape to ACCURATELY assess a player....theres actually people in the giants organization dedicate alot of time and resources to get an accurate evaluation of a player. Beatty is the starting lt, hes young, and in his first action starting he did hold his own vs cole and orakpo, i belive both were shut out...does that mean hes an all pro? No i just know hes a young player, and that one random 4 min youtube clip aint gonna tell u *** about a player put in context of overall game time played[/quote]

What? So I'm supposed to take ur word over whats on game. u... some kind of smart guy who knows everything

u said he held his own against orakpo and cole very well. like neverend said, i used his game against chris clemons who aint even that good as an argument and it doesnt matter. im jus supposed to take ur word for it and not what people can see with their own eyes from games.. which is an inconsistent up and down left tackle that struggles

4 minutes video might not be "enough" **** but its better than your **** of saying things without backin it up with anything

Obviously Neverend and Nevada11 are the same person...not even close to a good cover

For it being Beatty's first, year I thought he did well. I forgot though, according to most people on this board, people don't improve. They either stay the same or get worse. There's no way on Gods green earth Beatty could possibly get better from experience from the past year. It's impossible so we might as well release him now.

+ Reply to Thread