+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Peter Konz Anyone?

Any chance that the Giants consider him if he drops to 32? He could play guard until Baas doesn't improveat Center or he could play Center right away and we could move Baas to guard (I think that Baas was originally a guard who was moved to center because of an injury).

Just a thought . . . . he seems like a guy who could unexpectedly be there at 32

Re: Peter Konz Anyone?

I Think he will be a good player. I just think that if you take an interior linemen in the first round, he needs to play right away. I think that we are ok at the LG position because of booth and Petrus. He probibly won't start.
    The reason that I think that it is because all other positions rotate. We took a backup cb in the first last year but, that is ok because the third cb plays. they 3rd de rotates in, the third saftey rotates in, the third wr rotates in, the backup rb rotates in.... Back up linemen do NOT rotate in, which is why I think we will get value out of every position exept the back up offensive linemen.
    Unless there is an injury he wont play which can not be said about any other position.
    That is why interior offensive linemen are undervalued in the draft.

I dont think Konz will go in the first...not an elite athlete at a position of lesser value. If we were to go that route, I'd rather take Silatolu who could potentially play some tackle

Here's a stat for ya, according to CBS Sports' Rob Rang, no interior lineman drafted in the first two rounds since 2005 posted less than 22 reps in the bench press. Konz did 18

konz is pretty good. like all those iowa/wisconsin o-lineman, high floor low upside. If only they recruited better athletes...probably would produce top 15 picks even more often

Doesnt he have a history with injuries? I'm not sure but I think that was a red flag for some draft guru's

The Gigalo with the most below