+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bengals Boards/Mods are Weak

Bengals Boards/Mods are Weak

So, I registered an account over at the Bengals boards with the handle, DrezNYG, to read and talk about the Rivers trade. I made a few posts, mostly about the trade and a couple others that were on topic. Then some guy starts fussing about a Giants fan posting in the main part of the forums. I guess they have a rule that only Bengals fans can post in the main forum. Being an ambassador of sorts for Giants fans I was on good behavior, probably better than I even would be on here, lol.

I had a little dialogue with a couple posters there, mostly questioning that if what I was posting would be acceptable if I were a Bengals fan (or if nothing else I didn't outright state in my handle that I was a Giants fan), then why is there an issue if I'm not? Most agreed it was pretty silly, but the rule was in place to cut down on trolls. I said we have an open policy here, so long as a poster is reasonably respectful they can post where ever they please.

I then posted about Rivers new contract with us and had a discussion with some people about restructuring and renegotiating contracts (a few of the posters were pissed that the Bengals can never seem to renegotiate contracts, lol). A little while later I went back to carry on the talk, and had a PM from one of the mods in my inbox.

Not only did he reprimand me for posting in the main part of the forums, he deleted all my posts, lol. Really? That's pretty lame if you ask me. I mean, as stupid as it is to have a "Bengals fans only" rule, I can kind of understand it, but to actually go through and delete all my posts? That's just ****ing weak.

Sorry for wasting all of your time with this drivel. I'm just bored and felt like *****ing, lol.

Re: Bengals Boards/Mods are Weak

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="Drez"]So, I registered an account over at the Bengals boards with the handle, DrezNYG, to read and talk about the Rivers trade. I made a few posts, mostly about the trade and a couple others that were on topic. Then some guy starts fussing about a Giants fan posting in the main part of the forums. I guess they have a rule that only Bengals fans can post in the main forum. Being an ambassador of sorts for Giants fans I was on good behavior, probably better than I even would be on here, lol.

I had a little dialogue with a couple posters there, mostly questioning that if what I was posting would be acceptable if I were a Bengals fan (or if nothing else I didn't outright state in my handle that I was a Giants fan), then why is there an issue if I'm not? Most agreed it was pretty silly, but the rule was in place to cut down on trolls. I said we have an open policy here, so long as a poster is reasonably respectful they can post where ever they please.

I then posted about Rivers new contract with us and had a discussion with some people about restructuring and renegotiating contracts (a few of the posters were pissed that the Bengals can never seem to renegotiate contracts, lol). A little while later I went back to carry on the talk, and had a PM from one of the mods in my inbox.

Not only did he reprimand me for posting in the main part of the forums, he deleted all my posts, lol. Really? That's pretty lame if you ask me. I mean, as stupid as it is to have a "Bengals fans only" rule, I can kind of understand it, but to actually go through and delete all my posts? That's just ****ing weak.

Sorry for wasting all of your time with this drivel. I'm just bored and felt like *****ing, lol.
    [/quote]It doesn't seem that complicated to strike the right balance on message boards but sometimes the mods get too focused on micro issues and lose perspective. No worries, we like you here!
    No one remembers who came in second.

I agree, if what you said is the entire truth, it's pretty poor on their behalf.

But honestly, how much more do you have to learn from Bengals fans?? More importantly, what was their consensus regarding the trade?
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Yeah thats dumb some people are so uptight about forum rules and ect. The way I feel its a free message board I can understand cracking down on the riff-raff but it doesnt need to be over controlled.</P>
    The Gigalo with the most below

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]I agree, if what you said is the entire truth, it's pretty poor on their behalf.

But honestly, how much more do you have to learn from Bengals fans?? More importantly, what was their consensus regarding the trade?
    [/quote]

Yeah, it's the truth, though in retrospect maybe reprimand was a little harsh of a word choice. But, still. I can't believe he took the time to delete all my posts. They have vBulletin there (the same software we're supposedly transferring to at some point), I wonder if the mods can delete all posts by one person in a specific forum?

They seem pretty split about the trade. Some think it was a good move, others think they should have either gotten more in return (a higher pick mostly) or just kept him for depth. Others, of course, are happy that he's gone. No real consensus, but on the poll that someone started, it seems the general feel is we got then better end of the deal.

I get the sense that a lot of people are kind of down on him for not living up to his draft status, but that doesn't necessarily mean much, just that he isn't/wasn't worth a top 10 pick.

The better question is why do you care if you aren't allowed to stick around the Bagels boards? They are so irrelevant that it's funny.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]The better question is why do you care if you aren't allowed to stick around the Bagels boards? They are so irrelevant that it's funny.[/quote]
    I just find it an absolutely ridiculous rule. It's also absurd that they are so hard core about that rule that the deleted my posts. It's just ******ed.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]The better question is why do you care if you aren't allowed to stick around the Bagels boards? They are so irrelevant that it's funny.[/quote]
    I just find it an absolutely ridiculous rule. It's also absurd that they are so hard core about that rule that the deleted my posts. It's just ******ed.
    [/quote]
    Yeah, I guess it is pretty infuriating.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]The better question is why do you care if you aren't allowed to stick around the Bagels boards? They are so irrelevant that it's funny.[/quote]
    [/quote] Yeah, I guess it is pretty infuriating.[/quote]YES it is, but those who own the ball make the rules. Conserve energy for something that realy matters and something you can change.
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread