+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bengals Boards/Mods are Weak

Re: Bengals Boards/Mods are Weak

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]The better question is why do you care if you aren't allowed to stick around the Bagels boards? They are so irrelevant that it's funny.[/quote]
    I just find it an absolutely ridiculous rule. It's also absurd that they are so hard core about that rule that the deleted my posts. It's just ******ed.
    [/quote] Yeah, I guess it is pretty infuriating.[/quote]YES it is, but those who own the ball make the rules. Conserve energy for something that realy matters and something you can change.[/quote]

No doubt. But, I've never been one to follow a rule just for the rule's sake.

I was a little annoyed at first, and like I said in my OP, when I made this thread I was just bored and felt like *****ing. Now, I find it more amusing than anything.

[quote user="Drez"]So, I registered an account over at the Bengals boards with the handle, DrezNYG, to read and talk about the Rivers trade. I made a few posts, mostly about the trade and a couple others that were on topic. Then some guy starts fussing about a Giants fan posting in the main part of the forums. I guess they have a rule that only Bengals fans can post in the main forum. Being an ambassador of sorts for Giants fans I was on good behavior, probably better than I even would be on here, lol.

I had a little dialogue with a couple posters there, mostly questioning that if what I was posting would be acceptable if I were a Bengals fan (or if nothing else I didn't outright state in my handle that I was a Giants fan), then why is there an issue if I'm not? Most agreed it was pretty silly, but the rule was in place to cut down on trolls. I said we have an open policy here, so long as a poster is reasonably respectful they can post where ever they please.

I then posted about Rivers new contract with us and had a discussion with some people about restructuring and renegotiating contracts (a few of the posters were pissed that the Bengals can never seem to renegotiate contracts, lol). A little while later I went back to carry on the talk, and had a PM from one of the mods in my inbox.

Not only did he reprimand me for posting in the main part of the forums, he deleted all my posts, lol. Really? That's pretty lame if you ask me. I mean, as stupid as it is to have a "Bengals fans only" rule, I can kind of understand it, but to actually go through and delete all my posts? That's just ****ing weak.

Sorry for wasting all of your time with this drivel. I'm just bored and felt like *****ing, lol.
    [/quote]</P>

Do all 8 Bengal fans post on the MB?</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]The better question is why do you care if you aren't allowed to stick around the Bagels boards? They are so irrelevant that it's funny.[/quote]
    I just find it an absolutely ridiculous rule. It's also absurd that they are so hard core about that rule that the deleted my posts. It's just ******ed.
    [/quote] Yeah, I guess it is pretty infuriating.[/quote]YES it is, but those who own the ball make the rules. Conserve energy for something that realy matters and something you can change.[/quote]

I was a little annoyed at first, and like I said in my OP, when I made this thread I was just bored and felt like *****ing. Now, I find it more amusing than anything.
    [/quote]I get it. We all need something to get us to the draft and it was interesting to hear how differently the Beengals handle their MB. Also liked what you found out about their fans view on the trade.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Drez"]So, I registered an account over at the Bengals boards with the handle, DrezNYG, to read and talk about the Rivers trade. I made a few posts, mostly about the trade and a couple others that were on topic. Then some guy starts fussing about a Giants fan posting in the main part of the forums. I guess they have a rule that only Bengals fans can post in the main forum. Being an ambassador of sorts for Giants fans I was on good behavior, probably better than I even would be on here, lol.

I had a little dialogue with a couple posters there, mostly questioning that if what I was posting would be acceptable if I were a Bengals fan (or if nothing else I didn't outright state in my handle that I was a Giants fan), then why is there an issue if I'm not? Most agreed it was pretty silly, but the rule was in place to cut down on trolls. I said we have an open policy here, so long as a poster is reasonably respectful they can post where ever they please.

I then posted about Rivers new contract with us and had a discussion with some people about restructuring and renegotiating contracts (a few of the posters were pissed that the Bengals can never seem to renegotiate contracts, lol). A little while later I went back to carry on the talk, and had a PM from one of the mods in my inbox.

Not only did he reprimand me for posting in the main part of the forums, he deleted all my posts, lol. Really? That's pretty lame if you ask me. I mean, as stupid as it is to have a "Bengals fans only" rule, I can kind of understand it, but to actually go through and delete all my posts? That's just ****ing weak.

Sorry for wasting all of your time with this drivel. I'm just bored and felt like *****ing, lol.
    [/quote]</p>

Do all 8 Bengal fans post on the MB?</p>[/quote]
    Yes. They even have a Message Board Hall of Fame SECTION. lol

Veteran

[quote user="Drez"]So, I registered an account over at the Bengals boards with the handle, DrezNYG, to read and talk about the Rivers trade. I made a few posts, mostly about the trade and a couple others that were on topic. Then some guy starts fussing about a Giants fan posting in the main part of the forums. I guess they have a rule that only Bengals fans can post in the main forum. <font size="4">Being an ambassador of sorts for Giants fans I was on good behavior</font>, probably better than I even would be on here, lol.

[/quote]The awkward part when Bengals fans find this thread lol

Starter

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

Do all 8 Bengal fans post on the MB?</P>[/quote]

There is probably only like 2 of them they just have multiple accounts. lol

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]The better question is why do you care if you aren't allowed to stick around the Bagels boards? They are so irrelevant that it's funny.[/quote]

[/quote]I get it. We all need something to get us to the draft and it was interesting to hear how differently the Beengals handle their MB. Also liked what you found out about their fans view on the trade.[/quote]
    Yeah, I enjoy visiting other teams forums (non-divisional foes that is), though I think this is the first time I registered on another site without us playing them soon. But, I've found that interacting with opposing fans on their forums is a good way to get a better feel and understanding of the match-ups, particularly when it's a team we don't face very often.

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="Drez"]So, I registered an account over at the Bengals boards with the handle, DrezNYG, to read and talk about the Rivers trade. I made a few posts, mostly about the trade and a couple others that were on topic. Then some guy starts fussing about a Giants fan posting in the main part of the forums. I guess they have a rule that only Bengals fans can post in the main forum. <font size="4">Being an ambassador of sorts for Giants fans I was on good behavior</font>, probably better than I even would be on here, lol.

[/quote]The awkward part when Bengals fans find this thread lol
    [/quote]
    lol. Shortly after posting this thread I thought about that. Then I realized I didn't care that much, lol.

Veteran

[/quote]

I agree...that's some weak ****ing sauce from the Bengals mods.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the Bengals have sucked NFL **** so long, they are tired of non-Bengals fans comnig in to just laugh at them, so they instituted their lame policy.

+ Reply to Thread