+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Test

Re: Test

[quote user="rainierjef"]With the 32nd pick in the NFL Draft the NY giants select - Doug Martin RB - Boise State

my alt pick and you guys might roast me for this. Dwayne Allen, TE - Clemson

IMHO I think we can find good pass rushers in other rounds, we're only looking at DT for contracutal safe purposes ( to get rid of canty's monsterous contract ) and DE for rotational purposes these guys are not going to have immediate impact. unless they flat out destroy the competition at camp.

Martin or Allen would be immediate impacts and to me that what you want out of your first rounder immediate impact.

i think for grooming purposes those are guys in the third round.[/quote] Dwayne Allen in the first??

Veteran

[quote user="rainierjef"]With the 32nd pick in the NFL Draft the NY giants select - Doug Martin RB - Boise State

IMHO I think we can find good pass rushers in other rounds, we're only looking at DT for contracutal safe purposes ( to get rid of canty's monsterous contract ) and DE for rotational purposes these guys are not going to have immediate impact. unless they flat out destroy the competition at camp.

Martin or Allen would be immediate impacts and to me that what you want out of your first rounder immediate impact.

i think for grooming purposes those are guys in the third round.[/quote]

wait wait wait. Dwayne Allen, Doug Martin, or any Dline prospect would probably get the same amount of playing time next year. We already signed Bennett to be the starter, and obviously Bradshaw is the starter at RB. A DT like Worthy would get a lot of playing time imo.

Veteran

I can almost guarantee he will not be there in the second at where we pick. and i feel that its a stretch to believe Egnew / gree will be there in the third as well.

we are in a passing era and outside of WR which are going to fly off the shelves in the first 2-3 rounds faster than tickle me elmos

the next best option is TE. copy cat system everyone wants the next graham or gronokowski or patriots two TE set i know the cowboys are going to select an athletic TE as well to make up for the loss of benett.

we might not have the luxury of getting a solid TE outside of the first round.

IMHO

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="rainierjef"]I can almost guarantee he will not be there in the second at where we pick. and i feel that its a stretch to believe Egnew / gree will be there in the third as well.

we are in a passing era and outside of WR which are going to fly off the shelves in the first 2-3 rounds faster than tickle me elmos

the next best option is TE. copy cat system everyone wants the next graham or gronokowski or patriots two TE set i know the cowboys are going to select an athletic TE as well to make up for the loss of benett.

IMHO[/quote] I was questioned for saying therell be better BPA at 32 than Fleener & then you go and say Dwayne Allen in the 1st? Geez...

Sign me up for the Doug Martin train.

As for the 49ers, it wouldn't surprise me if they were considering trading up to around the 15th if DeCastro was still on the board. No one in the NFL knows him better than Harbaugh and he would certainly be a great investment for the run game/ Kapernick's future.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Sign me up for the Doug Martin train.

As for the 49ers, it wouldn't surprise me if they were considering trading up to around the 15th if DeCastro was still on the board. No one in the NFL knows him better than Harbaugh and he would certainly be a great investment for the run game/ Kapernick's future.[/quote]
    As much as we need a DT,LB,TE,Oline....I think Martin would make the most sense & give the most impact as a rookie.....
    BJ is gone & Bradshaw is guaranteed to be hurt throughout the season....

Veteran

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="rainierjef"]With the 32nd pick in the NFL Draft the NY giants select - Doug Martin RB - Boise State

i think for grooming purposes those are guys in the third round.[/quote]

wait wait wait. Dwayne Allen, Doug Martin, or any Dline prospect would probably get the same amount of playing time next year. We already signed Bennett to be the starter, and obviously Bradshaw is the starter at RB. A DT like Worthy would get a lot of playing time imo.[/quote]

I Feel that dwayne allen can step in and beat out bennett for the starting job or at least split snaps. i am not sold on bennett at all it was a good signing yes, one year show and prove deal minimal risk sure, but i don't expect him to come in and be a great improvement at the position. hes a good blocker cool but everything else he's suppose to be great at he hasn't shown and until he shows that alot of people are skeptical about him.

i wouldn't say D.Martin steps in and takes away the starting job but he can and possible will beat out for the 2nd RB position. i'm kind of done waiting on ware and while Da'rel scott looks promising 7th rounder were takign a flyer on him.
    plus bradshaws legs are one good wrap up away from being done or season ending.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="rainierjef"]I can almost guarantee he will not be there in the second at where we pick. and i feel that its a stretch to believe Egnew / gree will be there in the third as well.

IMHO[/quote] I was questioned for saying therell be better BPA at 32 than Fleener & then you go and say Dwayne Allen in the 1st? Geez...[/quote]
    lMAO FAIR ENOUGH, BUT I ONLY WENT OFF WHAT WAS LEFT IN THE MOCK, I WAS SIMPLY ASKING YOU WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD BE THERE. I JUST THINK A PICK AT DT/DE AND ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF KEUCHLY WOULD N'Y BE A FUITFULL PICK FOR US IN YEAR ONE. --- sorry for caps lol started then couldn't stop typin.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

+ Reply to Thread