+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drafttek Mock has Giants taking Jonathan Martin at 32

Drafttek Mock has Giants taking Jonathan Martin at 32

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1_17-32.asp

According to the updated mock on drafttek, they have Jonathan Martin falling to the Giants at 32.

In Rd 2 they have us taking Fleener

Rd 3 Brandon Boykin

Rd 4. Nigel Bradham

Rd 4. Devier Posey

Rd 6. Jerry Franklin

Rd 7. Jaymes Brooks G Va Tech

Now in my opinion, I would be ok if Fleener dropped to us in the 2nd. And though he is a bit short, Boykin in the 3rd would be ok. Posey in the 4th would be fine as well.

But all in all, not a huge fan of this mock. No DT, DE or RB at all? 2 LBs? An OT and G?

I don't know what I think about Martin. I mean he would be of value that late in the 1st rd. In that mock, would that mean he would be our RT if we kept Beatty at LT?
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Re: Drafttek Mock has Giants taking Jonathan Martin at 32

[quote user="tonyt830"]http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1_17-32.asp

According to the updated mock on drafttek, they have Jonathan Martin falling to the Giants at 32.

In Rd 2 they have us taking Fleener

Rd 3 Brandon Boykin

Rd 4. Nigel Bradham

Rd 4. Devier Posey

Rd 6. Jerry Franklin

Rd 7. Jaymes Brooks G Va Tech

Now in my opinion, I would be ok if Fleener dropped to us in the 2nd. And though he is a bit short, Boykin in the 3rd would be ok. Posey in the 4th would be fine as well.

But all in all, not a huge fan of this mock. No DT, DE or RB at all? 2 LBs? An OT and G?

I don't know what I think about Martin. I mean he would be of value that late in the 1st rd. In that mock, would that mean he would be our RT if we kept Beatty at LT?[/quote]I hope they dont take Martin. Im sure most Draft sites would rave about the value and how they are taking the BPA but he comes off so soft. I would take Massie before him.
    No chance in hell Fleener lasts to the End of Round 2.
    Brandon Boykin I dont see the Giants taking a corner that small in the 3rd round

The other guys are possible but I think the Giants could do better. I think they may be forced into taking a RB early

Yeah redeye, I have heard some people say Martin is on the soft side. Personally I would rather have DeCastro from Stanford, but I doubt he drops to 32. As for Massie, I'm all for him to in the 2nd rd.

As for Fleener, I do not think he drops to 64 either. I think the Colts may grab him at 33 to pair up with Luck?

If they go with RB early, are you thinking Doug Martin at 32?

I would still like to see a DT and/or a DE taken somewhere in this upcoming draft.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

I like your mock better!

Veteran

I'm not fond of the Jonathan Martin pick. He's kinda Will Beatty 2.0. The problem is, we already have Will Beatty 1.0, and I don't see Martin pushing Beatty out of the LT spot, and I don't like either one of them at RT, especially don't like either one of them at RT over Brewer.

Besides, no way they'd pass on Nick Perry for Jon Martin.

Now, I'd LOVE to grab Fleener at 63, especially over Polk, who they've had there for the last 2 months (Not a fan of Polk, at all).

[quote user="Raptor22"]I'm not fond of the Jonathan Martin pick. He's kinda Will Beatty 2.0. [/quote]

Beatty is a much more physical player than Martin.

[quote user="tonyt830"]Yeah redeye, I have heard some people say Martin is on the soft side. Personally I would rather have DeCastro from Stanford, but I doubt he drops to 32. As for Massie, I'm all for him to in the 2nd rd.

As for Fleener, I do not think he drops to 64 either. I think the Colts may grab him at 33 to pair up with Luck?

If they go with RB early, are you thinking Doug Martin at 32?

I would still like to see a DT and/or a DE taken somewhere in this upcoming draft.[/quote]DeCastro is a top 15 pick. No chance he falls to us. He is really really good

I have listened to Sirius NFL radio and Pat Kirwan indicated that Massie is flying up draft boards and will be one of 8 OL taken in Round 1 and up to middle of round 2 so I do not think Massie will last that long unfortunately. I am hoping that Doug Martin is there when we pick at 32.

JR has signed some great depth for us at LB, CB and M. Bennett signing will give him chance to wait for Best player to fall into his lap. It could be Doug Martin or perhaps a DL like Devon Still or even WR Stephen Hill- then the same thing could happen for us in round 2 depending on our 1st round pick. Maybe we could get Osemele or L. Miller RB or Dwayne Allen TE at end of round 2. Round 3 we could see Martin DT, Toon or Criner WR's, or RBs Polk or Pead fall to us.
    JR has 5 picks in first 4 rounds and can fill need in DL, RB, OL, WR, Safety and pick up developmental players in later rounds. WE are in very good shape.

Bottom of the First I say Alshon Jeffery, I believe he would be a steal pick at 32. Second round Massie from Miss, that would be a really good start at to positions of need don't be surprised if it's that way.

Drafttek is kind of fun... Their mock is computer generated .... You canclick around on their site and even install your own parameters to see different mocks... However if they think that Coby Fleener is going to be available at 63 ?? how could their mock be taken seriously?

+ Reply to Thread