+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Veteran

You Can Never Have Enough Pass Rushers Mock 4.17

Rd1- Chandler Jones DE, Syracuse
    Tuck is 29 and has been somewhat injury-prone. Osi is gone after this year, and we don't have any young depth behind JPP. Jones would be the perfect replacement for Tuck down the road.

Rd2- Lamar Miller RB, Miami
    Miller has been falling down the boards recently for a couple of reasons but he would be a steal here. He compares similarly to LeSean McCoy with his agility and top end speed.

Rd3- Michael Egnew TE, Missouri
    Would be the perfect project TE to develop behind Bennett this year. He has prototypical height and size with GREAT athleticism. He is a polished receiver as well with 140 catches in the past 2 seasons.

Rd4- Tommy Streeter WR, Miami
    With Cruz and Nicks drawing double teams, a guy like Streeter could light it up with his 6'4" frame and 4.40 speed.

Rd4Comp- Coryell Judie CB, Texas A&M
    Atheltic with 6' height sounds like a prototypical Giants corner.

Rd6- Michael Brewster C, Ohio State
    Draft stock has been falling but he was a much higher projected pick earlier in the year so he would be a steal here.

Rd7- Kellen Moore QB, Boise State
    Take a page from the eagles playbook... Develop him behind Eli for a few years then trade him for a high draft pick.

Re: You Can Never Have Enough Pass Rushers Mock 4.17

I like the WR/TE combo in the third and fourth, but I'd switch it around.

Marvin Jones in the third, Evan Rodriguez in the fourth.

Ideally though, I would say Dwayne Allen in the second (best inline TE, with receiving skills), Marvin Jones in the third (excellent flanker), and Cyrus Gray in the fourth if he falls.

I've been lobbying for Gray for a while, I love this kid's potential.

Veteran

yea I really like Allen in the 2nd but I think if Lamar Miller is still there then it's a no brainer.

The more I think about it, the more I think we'll go DE in round 1. Jones will be a good pick up. The success of our defense hinges on our ability to pressure the QB. As much as I'd like a Hightower or Kuechly or Gilmore, it might make more sense to pick up a DE since we'll likely lose one next year to FA, and Tuck is always banged up. Jones' stock is shooting thru the roof. He may not make it to 32. If that's the case, I'm not sure if the BPA will be a DE.

<----- Digs it.. but would like to see an OT addressed.

Veteran

Still not enough passrushers.

I'd swap out Jone for Nick Perry (unless you have Perry going way earlier, I think Perry's statement that he wants to be a 43 DE, and then going on to add 10lbs to emphasize the point. There aren't many 43 teams drafting towards the bottom).

Then in the 3rd, I'd swap out Egnew for Tyrone Crawford. IMO, Crawford is strikingly similar to JPP. Similar story, same build, great athleticism, non-stop motor...

Veteran

[quote user="Raptor22"]Still not enough passrushers.

I'd swap out Jone for Nick Perry (unless you have Perry going way earlier, I think Perry's statement that he wants to be a 43 DE, and then going on to add 10lbs to emphasize the point. There aren't many 43 teams drafting towards the bottom).

Then in the 3rd, I'd swap out Egnew for Tyrone Crawford. IMO, Crawford is strikingly similar to JPP. Similar story, same build, great athleticism, non-stop motor...
    [/quote]

haha true we should draft 7 defensive ends!!

but yeah I do like Perry more but I think he will be gone so that's why i picked jones

All-Pro

Honestly, I was frustrated after we drafted JPP.... I learned my lesson. I trust what ever Reese does is best for the team. So no need the get upset. Pass rushers and DBs are alwasy high on our list in round 1, as it seems Reese tends to rate them higher then other positions. WR may be next on the list.

So, IMO, you can eliminate OL, LB, or TE in the first. It is going to be a DL, DB or WR, unless a highly rated position plays somehow falls to 32, like Richardson, Kalil, Reiffor Kuechly, which is nearly impossible.

I don't think Chandler Jones will be a 1st round grade for Reese though. I actually qould love Chandler, but not in the first. I just don't get how he shot up the boards from 3rd round to 1st round without playing a snap in the offseason.

I also like Konz to be our replacement for Baas after this season, but I doubt we go C in round 1.

[quote user="Spizi"]Rd1- Chandler Jones DE, Syracuse
    Tuck is 29 and has been somewhat injury-prone. Osi is gone after this year, and we don't have any young depth behind JPP. Jones would be the perfect replacement for Tuck down the road.

Rd2- Lamar Miller RB, Miami
    Miller has been falling down the boards recently for a couple of reasons but he would be a steal here. He compares similarly to LeSean McCoy with his agility and top end speed.

Rd3- Michael Egnew TE, Missouri
    Would be the perfect project TE to develop behind Bennett this year. He has prototypical height and size with GREAT athleticism. He is a polished receiver as well with 140 catches in the past 2 seasons.

Rd4- Tommy Streeter WR, Miami
    With Cruz and Nicks drawing double teams, a guy like Streeter could light it up with his 6'4" frame and 4.40 speed.

Rd4Comp- Coryell Judie CB, Texas A&M
    Atheltic with 6' height sounds like a prototypical Giants corner.

Rd6- Michael Brewster C, Ohio State
    Draft stock has been falling but he was a much higher projected pick earlier in the year so he would be a steal here.

Rd7- Kellen Moore QB, Boise State
    Take a page from the eagles playbook... Develop him behind Eli for a few years then trade him for a high draft pick.[/quote]Egnew is not as polished as his numbers would suggest . Im not exaggerating this,half of his catches are bubble screens. His YPC is half what Coby Fleeners is