+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GIANTS' MITCH PETRUS BRINGS MUCH NEEDED FIRE TO OFFENSIVE LINE

GIANTS' MITCH PETRUS BRINGS MUCH NEEDED FIRE TO OFFENSIVE LINE

"It was Week 12 and the smashmouth New York Football Giants were ranked 32nd in running the rock. Say
    what?

Well, Week 13 and last minute player scratches shifted an already ailing
    offensive line that may have had a hard time opening holes for Darren Sproles.
    Enter Mitch
    Petrus
    to some pretty heavy rock music, please.

The entrance tunes request is due to my first encounter with #62 on the field
    last season. It was the 2010 Detroit at New York game in Week 6. He was back near the endzone,
    waiting for a kickoff—playing air guitar to AC/DC’s “You Shook Me All Night
    Long.” He was so full of energy that I couldn’t help but notice him and how he
    brought something extra out there with him.

Back to the o-line shifting. Most, I’m sure, were nervous about David
    Diehl
    moving back to LT, Kevin
    Boothe
    sliding over more to C and Petrus being inserted as LG for #10, #44
    & #27. Little did they realize the spark (read: mean streak) that this would
    provide in the trenches—in his very first NFL start, mind you.

Everything happens for a reason and players have to be ready to step up
    whenever their number is called…yadda, yadda, yadda.

Petrus obviously was prepared for his. He harnessed his “hypeness” and
    focused on the task at hand.

Watch game film and pay close attention to how #62 took care of 1st round NT,
    B.J. Raji (no slouch—dude can play). Petrus held him to one solo tackle. Raji
    has over 20 pounds on him and a “spin move.” Didn’t matter.

The more time Petrus gets in on the line, the more he will show he’s got that
    “Rich Seubert” in him. Just remember I said that…

Interesting game match-up this weekend for Mitch who grew up in Arkansas and
    played for the Razorbacks in college. If anyone out there doesn’t know Jerry
    Jones’ affection for them (AK Razorbacks) doesn’t know this division. Just
    sayin’.

A true test will be going against Dallas’ fast, rushing 3-4, but Diehl will
    help and from what Petrus has exhibited on-field — he’s in stance and ready for
    his call of duty."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS' MITCH PETRUS BRINGS MUCH NEEDED FIRE TO OFFENSIVE LINE

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Petrus awarded a game ball Sunday.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I ****ing love Petrus. I've been wanting him to start since last year (I actually thought he would) but I remember rewatching his game vs the Cowboys (2nd game), and he was having his way with Olshansky for the most part. Petrus completely outplayed Boothe that game.

Remember that interview when he was a rookie and the vets put ***** over Mitch on his locker? Lmao

I'm glad Mitch is coming along, I think alot of us were starting to forget that he was on the team...

[quote user="gmen0820"]I ****ing love Petrus. I've been wanting him to start since last year (I actually thought he would) but I remember rewatching his game vs the Cowboys (2nd game), and he was having his way with Olshansky for the most part. Petrus completely outplayed Boothe that game.

Remember that interview when he was a rookie and the vets put ***** over Mitch on his locker? Lmao[/quote]

We have JPP on Defense, Blackburn on ST/Defense and now Petrus on Offense. Three guys whose motors never dial down. I honestly think this is the OLine that will take us into the playoffs.

[quote user="gmen0820"]I ****ing love Petrus. I've been wanting him to start since last year (I actually thought he would) but I remember rewatching his game vs the Cowboys (2nd game), and he was having his way with Olshansky for the most part. Petrus completely outplayed Boothe that game.

Remember that interview when he was a rookie and the vets put ***** over Mitch on his locker? Lmao[/quote]

I remember his getting called into a game last season and he ran in so fast he almost overshot the huddle lol

That's what we need more of.

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="gmen0820"]I ****ing love Petrus. I've been wanting him to start since last year (I actually thought he would) but I remember rewatching his game vs the Cowboys (2nd game), and he was having his way with Olshansky for the most part. Petrus completely outplayed Boothe that game.

We have JPP on Defense, Blackburn on ST/Defense and now Petrus on Offense.* Three guys whose motors never dial down.* I honestly think this is the OLine that will take us into the playoffs.
    [/quote]If our trenches are stout the rest of the way, we willnt be beat.

Our OL has to hold up. We have Ware and Ratliff for two games, Mo Wilkerson and Orakpo and Kerrigan coming up.

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="gmen0820"]I ****ing love Petrus. I've been wanting him to start since last year (I actually thought he would) but I remember rewatching his game vs the Cowboys (2nd game), and he was having his way with Olshansky for the most part. Petrus completely outplayed Boothe that game.

I remember his getting called into a game last season and he ran in so fast he almost overshot the huddle* lol

[/quote]Haha yup vs Seattle. He should have been our LG last year when Andrews started. Diehl should have never touched the field this year or last year.

Veteran

Looking at Petrus' career, he's pretty much had to scrap for every opportunity he's had.....classic overarchiever.

This line desperately needs a dude like this following Seubert and O'Hara.

Veteran

I remember his getting called into a game last season and he ran in so fast he almost overshot the huddle* lol

[/quote]

Haha funniest thing I've ever seen.