+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Donta Hightower visits NYG

Re: Donta Hightower visits NYG

Smoke screen !!!!
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="B-Red22"]
    Adrian Tracy was a high profile guy???[/quote]

The others werent? Giants bring in players they draft quite frequently, that part is clear.

Whether guys are "high profile" or not is a pointless exercise. That depends on how closely you follow the draft.

[quote user="G-Men Surg."]Smoke screen !!!![/quote]

A popular belief, but the giants dont play those type of games

I remember this was the general, overall feel when they brought in JPP for a visit. Nearly everyone thought it was a smoke screen and JR being a "genius" through some odd idea of manipulation and mind games. Turns out, they actually liked him lol

I like Hightower and a lot of people said the same thing about scheme with Rolando McClain (Also from bama) and he is doing just fine as a 4-3 MLB for Oakland. I think Hightower can play MLB and to those who say he's slow, to me he doesn't look slow he looks controlled. he doesn't take unnecessary steps and is a subtle scraper who takes good angles. I rarely see him take a bad angle.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Drez"]Here's the question, though, when was the last time we drafted a higher profile player that came for a pre-draft visist?
    [/quote]

JPP, Jernigan, Sintim, Barden, Tracy, Beckum, Im sure there are more.[/quote]
    Hmm. For whatever reason I was under the assumption that we normally didn't draft guys we brought in for visits. Guess I was very, very wrong. Thanks for dispelling that misbelief.

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]I like Hightower and a lot of people said the same thing about scheme with Rolando McClain (Also from bama) and he is doing just fine as a 4-3 MLB for Oakland. I think Hightower can play MLB and to those who say he's slow, to me he doesn't look slow he looks controlled. he doesn't take unnecessary steps and is a subtle scraper who takes good angles. I rarely see him take a bad angle.[/quote]

I dont think Hightower is slow, but he is a very linear player. Change of direction is not his strong suit.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="B-Red22"]
    Adrian Tracy was a high profile guy???[/quote]

The others werent? Giants bring in players they draft quite frequently, that part is clear.

Whether guys are "high profile" or not is a pointless exercise. That depends on how closely you follow the draft.[/quote]

the draft is a holiday to me, so i guess you could say i follow it pretty close, and a 6th rd pick i would not consider "high profile"

[quote user="B-Red22"]
    the draft is a holiday to me, so i guess you could say i follow it pretty close, and a 6th rd pick i would not consider "high profile"[/quote]

Ignore Tracy then. JPP, Jernigan, Sintim, Barden, etc.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]I like Hightower and a lot of people said the same thing about scheme with Rolando McClain (Also from bama) and he is doing just fine as a 4-3 MLB for Oakland. I think Hightower can play MLB and to those who say he's slow, to me he doesn't look slow he looks controlled. he doesn't take unnecessary steps and is a subtle scraper who takes good angles. I rarely see him take a bad angle.[/quote]

I dont think Hightower is slow, but he is a very linear player. Change of direction is not his strong suit.[/quote]

bingo! his change of direction is terrible, I felt bad for him at the combine. he isn't slow, but I prefer a faster more athletic linebacker in a 4-3. He would be a perfect 3-4 ILB. I bet the Steelers draft him

I'd actually be surprised if he's still there at 32

+ Reply to Thread