+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Donta Hightower visits NYG

Starter

Re: Donta Hightower visits NYG

IDK I think if Hightower is there we will draft him and give him a shot @ MLB I dont think we draft him to play a diff position. At the least he'll be a 2 down type of guy. Im sorta tired of seeing us draft players and try to fit them into positions there not used too it seems the only player that has worked out for is Kiwi.

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][

Are you saying we officially are not drafting Levonte David because we're set at OLB? Do you think Kiwi is good in coverage? Is there a MLB available that will be worth the 32nd pick?

I'm against moving Boley to MLB. He's the best LB we have covering TEs.[/quote]

Well Levonte David projects best as a weakside backer, in college he has the exact same role that Boley has for the giants.

But the Giants have three guys who are weakside backers, J Will, Boley, and Rivers. Where does David play? Do you draft him and start him then have the other couple guys just play STs? Its hard to incorporate 3 or 4 weakside backers into the defense, unless you are running a rotation like they do on the DL.

As for MLB, Kuechly is probably the best fit, but even he has somewhat of a narrow frame and may translate better to weakside. Its a tough position to fill.

And all we have for draft history at the position is Greg Jones, Philip Dillard, and Jon Goff.

And if you compare those three guys, for size, athleticism, ability, I think the only thing they all have in common is that they are all about 240 pounds.

Goff is 6'2 240, pretty athletic for his size, ran a 4.63 40, and had a 35" vert.

Dillard is 6'0 240, ran a 4.65 and had a 31" vert.

Then Jones, who is 5'11 240 ran a 4.75 and had a 31" vert.

If anything, they are losing height and athleticism as they go. Lol

[quote user="NY4U2"]IDK I think if Hightower is there we will draft him and give him a shot @ MLB I dont think we draft him to play a diff position.[/quote]

Its a different position no matter where he plays, he was a ILB in a 3-4 in college. Though he also played OLB, occasionally DE, etc.

I personally wouldnt like this pick very much. He is a 2 down player anyway u slice it. U cant tell me this is the best value u can find for this Football team at #32. No way u can convince me of it

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I personally wouldnt like this pick very much. He is a 2 down player anyway u slice it. U cant tell me this is the best value u can find for this Football team at #32. No way u can convince me of it[/quote]

He could potentially be an exact replacement for Kiwi. Provided they believe Hightower can play some DE, which I thought he showed some ability in college.

Is the value in Kiwi that of a first round pick though? A two down LB who can also play some DE and chip in maybe 4 or so sacks a year? Seems you could find that type of player later in the draft

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="NY4U2"]IDK I think if Hightower is there we will draft him and give him a shot @ MLB I dont think we draft him to play a diff position.[/quote]

Its a different position no matter where he plays, he was a ILB in a 3-4 in college. Though he also played OLB, occasionally DE, etc.[/quote]He played with his hand down about 10-20 snaps a game depending on opponent. Usually in Nickel packages

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I personally wouldnt like this pick very much. He is a 2 down player anyway u slice it. U cant tell me this is the best value u can find for this Football team at #32. No way u can convince me of it[/quote]

He could potentially be an exact replacement for Kiwi. Provided they believe Hightower can play some DE, which I thought he showed some ability in college.

Is the value in Kiwi that of a first round pick though? A two down LB who can also play some DE and chip in maybe 4 or so sacks a year? Seems you could find that type of player later in the draft[/quote] Why do the Giants feel like they need to put guys that cant turn there hips at SAM I dont get it. I would love to know why

Starter

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="NY4U2"]IDK I think if Hightower is there we will draft him and give him a shot @ MLB I dont think we draft him to play a diff position.[/quote]

Its a different position no matter where he plays, he was a ILB in a 3-4 in college. Though he also played OLB, occasionally DE, etc.[/quote]

Thats what I mean I think if this guy is bpa @ 32 (which looking at the board i dont think he will be) we draft him to come in and compete for MLB. I dont particularly like him @ 32 he's more like a high 2nd round. I mean (just my opinion) what would be the point of drafting him (if he's not bpa) that high to play OLB? When we could get someone who is rated higher @ a diff position. Dont get me wrong I wouldn't mind having him I think he's a great player. But does he have value to be picked that high only to come in and wait behind someone (for at least 1 year most likely more. That means we'll be picking him to be a 2nd stringer not much value there.

Starter

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I personally wouldnt like this pick very much. He is a 2 down player anyway u slice it. U cant tell me this is the best value u can find for this Football team at #32. No way u can convince me of it[/quote]

Is the value in Kiwi that of a first round pick though? A two down LB who can also play some DE and chip in maybe 4 or so sacks a year? Seems you could find that type of player later in the draft[/quote]

I think Kiwi brings more to the table then just what you mentioned. The guy is a fast learner a team player and a plug and play type of guy. Not every player is willing to leave there natural (where they played in college/excel at) If you said someone diff maybe but kiwi is the man not the greatest but he has many intangibles

[quote user="NY4U2"][I think Kiwi brings more to the table then just what you mentioned. The guy is a fast learner a team player and a plug and play type of guy. Not every player is willing to leave there natural (where they played in college/excel at) If you said someone diff maybe but kiwi is the man not the greatest but he has many intangibles
    [/quote]

Well Hightower does in college what Kiwi does for the giants... so it is mostly plug and play for hightower, and I dont think he would complain about bouncing back and forth bewteen positions either, as he is comfortable doing so.

+ Reply to Thread