+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Donta Hightower visits NYG

Re: Donta Hightower visits NYG

Regardless of the system fit, maybe they see him in a different position than linebacker.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="B-Red22"]
    Adrian Tracy was a high profile guy???[/quote]

The others werent? Giants bring in players they draft quite frequently, that part is clear.

Whether guys are "high profile" or not is a pointless exercise. That depends on how closely you follow the draft.[/quote]

You're just totally dismantling what the original comment said.

[quote user="Strahan4gov"]Regardless of the system fit, maybe they see him in a different position than linebacker.[/quote]He fits quite well as a SAM LB for the Giants. If he is used the same way Kiwi is it wouldnt be much different then what he did at Alabama. Playing MLB for the Giants however would be different.

Veteran

Hightower will become a solid LB for the Ravens or Steelers.....if he is still around at 32, Giants should grab him, unless a higher value OT is on the board.

CBS has him ranked at #41 in the draft, going anywhere from 29-43....Judge has the Giants taking him

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632205

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Strahan4gov"]Regardless of the system fit, maybe they see him in a different position than linebacker.[/quote]He fits quite well as a SAM LB for the Giants. If he is used the same way Kiwi is it wouldnt be much different then what he did at Alabama. Playing MLB for the Giants however would be different.[/quote]

Definitely, but I was thinking since he is almost the exact size of Osi (6'2 265 for Donta, and 6'3 255 for Osi) coupled with his ability to get after the QB and physical tool kit maybe they were checking the DE potential. It would also negate his biggest weakness in change of direction being less of an issue than it is at LB.

It's funny how I used to complain that we didn't have 1 stud LB, and now I'm just happy that we have competent LBs. Now I just pray that we'll draft a d-lineman or someone for the secondary.

I'll be fine if we draft a LB in the 1st, as long as he's able to start this year. I'd rather draft another DE that we can groom when we eventually have to part ways with either Osi or Kiwi or both.

We already lost Tolly so our depth is starting to get depleted at our key position on D.

You're always full of it dude. No reason to bring him in at all if they already knew he was a fit for the system? I guess the giants wouldn't care at all about his character or ability to learn their scheme at all right?

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Doesn't the fact that the Giants brought Hightower show they think he can fit there system?[/quote]

They bring in guys that they need to see more from, either on field or in meetings.

If they were already confident Hightower would fit the team, they would have no reason to bring him in at all...

And Its not a matter of whether he fits or not, its a matter of where and what role. I think most of us agree that he fits at SAM. But how does that make sense for the giants unless they either are planning on moving on from Kiwi next year, or are moving Kiwi this year?

Or do they think he can play at Mike? And do they think he can be a 3 down player at Mike, or is he strictly a 2 down Mike? And is a 2 down player worthy of a first round pick?[/quote]

[quote user="RichGiants81"]You're always full of it dude. No reason to bring him in at all if they already knew he was a fit for the system? I guess the giants wouldn't care at all about his character or ability to learn their scheme at all right?[/quote]

I said... bring him in to see if he fits either on field or in meetings.

But generally you dont work a guy out on the field if you are worried about character and learning... Field work is simply to see what kind of athlete and what he can do on the field physically.

[quote user="RichGiants81"]You're always full of it dude. No reason to bring him in at all if they already knew he was a fit for the system? I guess the giants wouldn't care at all about his character or ability to learn their scheme at all right?[/quote]

JR has said on record that sometimes he brings guys in for a closer look that might have some question marks. He has also said on record that u don't need to bring guys like Kenny Phillips in for a closer look because u know exactly what your getting. I will look for the article

+ Reply to Thread