+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Donta Hightower visits NYG

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]Smoke screen !!!![/quote]

A popular belief, but the giants dont play those type of games

I remember this was the general, overall feel when they brought in JPP for a visit. Nearly everyone thought it was a smoke screen and JR being a "genius" through some odd idea of manipulation and mind games. Turns out, they actually liked him lol[/quote]

LOL, I'm just joking bro but its interesting to see the Giants considering picking Dont'a if available. Seriously he could look awesome in Blue.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="DownWitJPP"]
    bingo! his change of direction is terrible, I felt bad for him at the combine. he isn't slow, but I prefer a faster more athletic linebacker in a 4-3[/quote]

I wonder though, if they perhaps want to run a system that suits him better. If they move to a wider DL split, maybe a wide 9 on occasion I think Hightower would fit much better.

Hightower athletically reminds me a ton of Stephen Tulloch, who excells in a similar system. But it did take Tulloch a couple seasons to really grasp how to play in coverage because he too is quite a linear player.

[quote user="egyptian420"]I'd actually be surprised if he's still there at 32
    [/quote]

Exactly, with teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore drafting ahead of us, I don't see any way he falls to our pick. And I don't think Reese has ever moved up in the first round.

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Drez"]Here's the question, though, when was the last time we drafted a higher profile player that came for a pre-draft visist?
    [/quote] JPP, Jernigan, Sintim, Barden, Tracy, Beckum, Im sure there are more.[/quote] I didn't know who any of those guys were prior to us drafting them... I know who Donta Hightower is.[/quote]</P>

You never heard of JPP before we drafted him???</P>

I do not think he will still be there at 32.

[quote user="B-Red22"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="B-Red22"] Adrian Tracy was a high profile guy???[/quote] The others werent? Giants bring in players they draft quite frequently, that part is clear. Whether guys are "high profile" or not is a pointless exercise. That depends on how closely you follow the draft.[/quote] the draft is a holiday to me, so i guess you could say i follow it pretty close, and a 6th rd pick i would not consider "high profile"[/quote] The point is we do draft guys we bring in for visits.. Who cares what rd? For all we know, its just coincidently, that alot of guys were looking at Pred Draft Visits that are 1st rd types, either go before we pick or a guy drops that we didn't think would drop, meaning that its possible that the stars align and a guy like say Hightower makes it to our pick in RD 1, and no one else that we like better drops to us, and we draft em.. </P>

JPP also visited us, who was in fact a 1st rd pick of ours.. Even if a player dosen't visit, u can get a idea of interest sometimes based on hering that we had a big group checking out a certain player at the combine or proday, which is just like having em in to our place, but its not at our place..lol </P>

I would say, we don't waste our time visiting with guys, for no reason, anotherwords.. Weather or not everything lines up on Draft Weekend with that paticular prospect is a whole diffrent thing... </P>

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]I do not think he will still be there at 32.[/quote] Ya, i don't think so either.. TO much potential, as a franchise, captain, lead your team for a decade from the LB positon , to drop to pick 32 of RD 1...

[quote user="G-Men Surg."]Smoke screen !!!![/quote]

Why would you have a smoke screen at pick 32? If he's there at 32 and we want him we take him if not we don't. We don't need to fake someone out about it!

I've seen at least 3 mock drafts that have Giants taking Hightower with the first pick. Couple have us taking OT Mike Adams

I doubt he would be there at 32. If he is we will take him. This "he doesn't fit our system stuff is hogwash. He is better than ANY LB on our roster, with leadership skills, and top production as a leader from the best defense in college football. But he does't fit us? Kudos to those of you who realize his talent and potential. This guy has tore up opposing offenses in the SEC for quite a while now, we get him Fewell will make it work , he will adjust his defense as need be if need be. It kills me how so many on this board who critique a player they no very little about.