+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Critters Mock 2.0

Critters Mock 2.0

RD1: Dont'a Hightower (ILB)- I was JUST about to give up on him and put DT or DE here... Then the Giants had a meeting with him and got my hopes back up.

RD2: Bobbie Massie (OT)

RD3: Cam Johnson (DE)

RD4: Vick Ballard (RB)

RD4: Tommy Streeter (WR)

RD6: Ryan Miller or Ronald Leary (OG) or Cliff Harris (CB)

RD7: Jerron McMillian (S) or Bryce Brown (RB)

Eh. Just throwin something out to pass time. I'm going to do one soon that won't have Hightower.. using my first pick for a guy I don't expect to actually be there really throws off the rest of my picks. Cam Johnson probably won't actually be there at 3 either.

Veteran

Re: Critters Mock 2.0

I really just do not see the value in a stiff hipped linebacker at 32 when we won a superbowl with nothing at LB and we just traded for a top 10 pick in Rivers. The Giants have and always will start at the point of attack. The pick will be DT, DE, or BPA that slips.

[quote user="critters"]RD1: Dont'a Hightower (ILB)- I was JUST about to give up on him and put Martin* here... Then the Giants had a meeting with him and got my hopes back up.

RD2: Bobbie Massie (OT)

RD3: Cam Johnson (DE)

RD4: Vick Ballard (RB)

RD4: Tommy Streeter (WR)

RD6: Ryan Miller or Ronald Leary (OG) or Cliff Harris (CB)

RD7: Jerron McMillian (S) or Bryce Brown (RB)

Eh. Just throwin something out to pass time. I'm going to do one soon that won't have Hightower.. using my first pick for a guy I don't expect to actually be there really throws off the rest of my picks. Cam Johnson probably won't actually be there at 3 either.
    [/quote]

Round 6 - I'd prefer Desmond Wynn, OG - Rutgers... im becoming a big fan of this kid, the more i watch/read about him.

Round 7 - I like McMillian... underrated Safety from Maine that knows how to play. Good size and speed and a good tackler.

all of the other picks I like.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="Spizi"]I really just do not see the value in a stiff hipped linebacker at 32 when we won a superbowl with nothing at LB and we just traded for a top 10 pick in Rivers. The Giants have and always will start at the point of attack. The pick will be DT, DE, or BPA that slips.[/quote]

I understand that, I just like him. We can't always depend on teams to completely fall apart when we play them either... like they did in the playoffs this year. We had one of the worst defenses in the NFL during the regular season, although I know injuries had plenty to do with that. You must think we just met with Hightower for shihts'n giggles?

Rivers isn't an ILB either so I'm not sure how that relates.

I also think the first pick will be DT or DE if not OL, but when I'm doing my mock draft, I'm selecting players I like or want. By getting Hightower we could move Mathias back to DE. I also think Hightower could play DE in a 4-3 and be successful. Like I said though, I'm going to do another mock that will be more along the lines of what I think could happen as opposed to what I personally want. I also want a monster in the middle... we don't have that.

[quote user="critters"][quote user="Spizi"]I really just do not see the value in a stiff hipped linebacker at 32 when we won a superbowl with nothing at LB and we just traded for a top 10 pick in Rivers. The Giants have and always will start at the point of attack. The pick will be DT, DE, or BPA that slips.[/quote]

I understand that, I just like him. We can't always depend on teams to completely fall apart when we play them either... <FONT size=4>like they did in the playoffs this year.</FONT> We had one of the worst defenses in the NFL during the regular season, although I know injuries had plenty to do with that. You must think we just met with Hightower for shihts'n giggles?

I also think the first pick will be DT or DE if not OL, but when I'm doing my mock draft, I'm selecting players I like or want. By getting Hightower we could move Mathias back to DE. I also think Hightower could play DE in a 4-3 and be successful. Like I said though, I'm going to do another mock that will be more along the lines of what I think could happen as opposed to what I personally want. I also want a monster in the middle... we don't have that.
    [/quote]</P>

Eh, huh?</P>

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="critters"][quote user="Spizi"]I really just do not see the value in a stiff hipped linebacker at 32 when we won a superbowl with nothing at LB and we just traded for a top 10 pick in Rivers. The Giants have and always will start at the point of attack. The pick will be DT, DE, or BPA that slips.[/quote]

I understand that, I just like him. We can't always depend on teams to completely fall apart when we play them either... <font size="4">like they did in the playoffs this year.</font> We had one of the worst defenses in the NFL during the regular season, although I know injuries had plenty to do with that. You must think we just met with Hightower for shihts'n giggles?

[/quote]</p>

Eh, huh?</p>[/quote]

I thought teams fell apart against us in the playoffs... For example, you could probably add up every dropped passed in Green Bay's season and it won't add up to the dropped passes they had against us. When I went back and rewatched the playoff games, I thought we looked really good... but being completely honest, I thought we caught a lot of breaks on defense.

+ Reply to Thread