+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What will the O-line look like this season? Also, thoughts on 1st draft pick

Here's another video of Petrus against the Packers. He routinely got a great push in the run game including yet again another big time block on a two point conversion against Raji.

Yes he gave up some pressures, but thats more of a technique thing (getting offbalance, once again he was only 24). He certainly has the physical ability and mental tenacity to be a starter in this league

Veteran

Re: What will the O-line look like this season? Also, thoughts on 1st draft pick

[quote user="juice33s"]Here's another video of Petrus against the Packers. He routinely got a great push in the run game including yet again another big time block on a two point conversion against Raji.

Yes he gave up some pressures, but thats more of a technique thing (getting offbalance, once again he was only 24). He certainly has the physical ability and mental tenacity to be a starter in this league
    [/quote]

Later on in that game, the Pack blitzes and Petrus picks up 2 separate pass rushers and keeps both of them away from Easy. I gotta say, I was impressed by that.

[quote user="juice33s"]Petrus against the Packers[/quote]

Raji had a clear down year in general though too.

I thought he got worked over pretty badly in pass protection on quite a few plays.

Id hate to see more of that. Maybe he can improve, but the way he played that game, to me, he is not a starter, and nowhere close to being a good starter. He is still young though as you point out. Maybe one day he can be the starting LG.