+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rank the DTs

Rank the DTs

I'm working on a mock draft and have the first 31 picks pretty much set, and I'm thinking that a defensive tackle could be good value for us at 32. If you had to rank the top 5-7 DTs in this draft, who would they be?

Re: Rank the DTs

1. Fletcher Cox

2. Michael Brockers

3. Kendell Reyes

4. Devon Still

5. Dontari Poe

6.Jerel Worthy

7. Alameda Ta'amu

too lazy right now to watch youtube tape (You like that?, I think I just coined a new phrase) on all these guys, but here's how alot of the "professionals" see them:

Mayock- Cox, Worthy, Brockers, Poe, Reyes(t), still (t)

Kiper- Poe, Cox, Brockers, Wolfe, Reyes

CBS- Cox, Brockers, Poe, Worthy, Still

Walterfootball- Cox, Poe, Brockers, Reyes, Still, Thompson, worthy

Sidelinescouting- Cox, Brockers, Poe, Still, Worthy, Reyes, Thompson

Are we looking for a 0 tech, 1 tech, 3 tech, or 5 tech?

Different players suit different systems and some dont have the versatility to play in all of them

[quote user="juice33s"]too lazy right now to watch youtube tape (You like that?, I think I just coined a new phrase) on all these guys, but here's how alot of the "professionals" see them:

Mayock- Cox, Worthy, Brockers, Poe, Reyes(t), still (t)

Kiper- Poe, Cox, Brockers, Wolfe, Reyes

CBS- Cox, Brockers, Poe, Worthy, Still

Walterfootball- Cox, Poe, Brockers, Reyes, Still, Thompson, worthy

Sidelinescouting- Cox, Brockers, Poe, Still, Worthy, Reyes, Thompson
    [/quote]

I'll go with Mayocks order!

[quote user="slipknottin"]Are we looking for a 0 tech, 1 tech, 3 tech, or 5 tech?

Different players suit different systems and some dont have the versatility to play in all of them[/quote]
    For the most part I'd say 3's can play 5's and vice versa and 0's can play 1's (So basically any dtackle can play in any system). Also no reason why you can't play two nose tackle type guys in a 4/3 scheme for running downs. 2000 Ravens did so with alot of success with Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa.

I'm of the belief that good football players are good football players. For example just because Canty played the 5 for the cowboys didn't mean he couldn't come here and play the 1 and the 3.

[quote user="juice33s"]For the most part I'd say 3's can play 5's and vice versa and 0's can play 1's (So basically any dtackle can play in any system)[/quote]

Completely disagree with that. Players like Geno Atkins would be horrible as a 5 tech.

0 tech DTs generally need to be much bulkier than 1 techs. Also depends if you want to run a 2 gap or 1 gap system.

Also no reason why you can't play two nose tackle type guys in a 4/3 scheme for running downs.
    Most teams run two 1 tech, or 2 tech players at times.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"]For the most part I'd say 3's can play 5's and vice versa and 0's can play 1's (So basically any dtackle can play in any system)[/quote]

Completely disagree with that. Players like Geno Atkins would be horrible as a 5 tech.

0 tech DTs generally need to be much bulkier than 1 techs. Also depends if you want to run a 2 gap or 1 gap system.

Also no reason why you can't play two nose tackle type guys in a 4/3 scheme for running downs.
    Most teams run two 1 tech, or 2 tech players at times.[/quote]LOL just order them in the way u like them. Mayock isnt spliting them up by 0,1,3,5 Tech

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]LOL just order them in the way u like them. Mayock isnt spliting them up by 0,1,3,5 Tech[/quote]

It depends if you are ordering them for the giants, in the order you think they will be drafted, which DT will be the best at the position you think they will play best, etc.

Mayock generally orders guys for his hypothetical team.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="juice33s"]For the most part I'd say 3's can play 5's and vice versa and 0's can play 1's (So basically any dtackle can play in any system)[/quote]

Most teams run two 1 tech, or 2 tech players at times
    .[/quote]
    By nose tackle, I meant 3/4 nose tackle (0 tech). Adams was 350 and the goose was 340.

As for Atkins I don't follow why you would think that. Do you think he's less athletic then say Mike devito of the Jets?