+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Donovan Mcnabb/Brian Dawkins = future H.O.F's.?

[link]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8286a1a0/article/donovan-mcnabb-believes-hes-a-hall-of-famer?module=HP11_headline_stack[/link]

"There is no doubt McNabb has been a better overall pro than, say, Eli Manning. Eli has two more rings, but the Hall of Fame shouldn't be all about rings. McNabb made six Pro Bowls for a reason."

He is right it should be about choking in the big games :/.

Regardless of my dislike for Mcnabb, He did put up good stats. So what do you guys think?

I'll vote NO to this regardless.

P.S. I hope someone else didn't post this already
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Re: Donovan Mcnabb = future H.O.F.?

Border-line for the Hall of Fame.

Shoe-in for the Hall of Vomit.

How was he a better pro than Eli??

[quote user="logan9839"]How was he a better pro than Eli??[/quote] I don't think that. I think that He was equal to Eli Manning in the Regular season. Eli got it done 2 times in the Post season. I feel that Eli Manning will be in the Hall of Fame. I don't think that he has done enough yet to be a shoe in 1st ballot. But, all he needs is a 40 td, 4,500+ yard passing season. He has the Super Bowl requirement taken care of. In fact his career is better than Aikman's was. Aikman never threw for more than 4,000 yards ever. Eli has done that 3 strait years. Aikman's best year TD passes was 92 when he threw 23. Eli's average season was 25 td passes. I left out Eli's rookie season. Because he was not a starter until the middle of it. Yeah I know that Aikman was knocked out with 7 games to go. That makes their rookie years a wash.
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

He deserves to get recognition from the Eagles. That's about it.

He have nightmares of that idiot on OUR Sideline picking up the phone and pretend to be making a call to his mom or someone while he did his little dance. Classless. Eli would never do that no matter how big a comeback the giants made. He just doesn't show disrespect for the opposing team like McNabb has done.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

As far as HOF. Borderline no
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"]He have nightmares of that idiot on OUR Sideline picking up the phone and pretend to be making a call to his mom or someone while he did his little dance. Classless. Eli would never do that no matter how big a comeback the giants made. He just doesn't show disrespect for the opposing team like McNabb has done.[/quote]Someone should of knocked his head off

I think that McNabb was a great QB, but not HOF QB. I do think that playoff and Super Bowls are very important in a QBs resume for HOF entry. I am a huge McNabb fan, but I have to admit that he never impressed me during the playoffs. I am one who would say that Eli, altough having worst numbers during the regular season, is clearly a QB that defined what a playoff and Super Bowl hero is all about. I think that QBs that enter the HOF without being post-season winner, are players like Warren Moon and Frank Tarkenton... meaning, players that were significant in the advancement of the game, and served as role models for what being a role model was all about. I think that the only QB that I have ever seen that did deserve to be in the HOF without winning a Super Bowl, along with not doing much for the game's advancement or social impact, has to be Dan Marino.

McNabb was a great QB, and I do hope that he does enter the hall one day... but if it is a question of being a 'shoe in' selection? I would say that he should be possibly revisit his case down the line... but for now, I just don't think that he has made that significant of a mark.

I could see how, if I sit and really think about the transformation of the game via the inclusion of African-Americans at the QB position, then I could see how McNabb may have a case of being a large part in 'cementing' the democratization of the position. He was a great player, and a good role model... but I don't see him in the same likeness of a Doug Williams for his contribution, nor do I see him in the likeness of an Eli Manning for his successful career.

Great topic about one of my favorite players. This one really divides my sentiments, as I would really like to seem his in the HOF, but really see him as an 'auxiliary' induction choice.

But still... I really hate those Eagles!

McNabb's greatest accomplishment was helping guide a team to 4 straight NFC Championship games and one Superbowl.

I'd say that counts for something. But outside of that, he wasn't an exceptionally great quarterback. Never passed for over 400 yards and his rushing totals really weren't as great as I remembered. He had a good career, but was it hall of fame worthy? I'd say borderline.