+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donovan Mcnabb/Brian Dawkins = future H.O.F's.?

Donovan Mcnabb/Brian Dawkins = future H.O.F's.?

[link]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8286a1a0/article/donovan-mcnabb-believes-hes-a-hall-of-famer?module=HP11_headline_stack[/link]

"There is no doubt McNabb has been a better overall pro than, say, Eli Manning. Eli has two more rings, but the Hall of Fame shouldn't be all about rings. McNabb made six Pro Bowls for a reason."

He is right it should be about choking in the big games :/.

Regardless of my dislike for Mcnabb, He did put up good stats. So what do you guys think?

I'll vote NO to this regardless.

P.S. I hope someone else didn't post this already
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Re: Donovan Mcnabb = future H.O.F.?

Border-line for the Hall of Fame.

Shoe-in for the Hall of Vomit.

How was he a better pro than Eli??

I think that McNabb was a great QB, but not HOF QB. I do think that playoff and Super Bowls are very important in a QBs resume for HOF entry. I am a huge McNabb fan, but I have to admit that he never impressed me during the playoffs. I am one who would say that Eli, altough having worst numbers during the regular season, is clearly a QB that defined what a playoff and Super Bowl hero is all about. I think that QBs that enter the HOF without being post-season winner, are players like Warren Moon and Frank Tarkenton... meaning, players that were significant in the advancement of the game, and served as role models for what being a role model was all about. I think that the only QB that I have ever seen that did deserve to be in the HOF without winning a Super Bowl, along with not doing much for the game's advancement or social impact, has to be Dan Marino.

McNabb was a great QB, and I do hope that he does enter the hall one day... but if it is a question of being a 'shoe in' selection? I would say that he should be possibly revisit his case down the line... but for now, I just don't think that he has made that significant of a mark.

I could see how, if I sit and really think about the transformation of the game via the inclusion of African-Americans at the QB position, then I could see how McNabb may have a case of being a large part in 'cementing' the democratization of the position. He was a great player, and a good role model... but I don't see him in the same likeness of a Doug Williams for his contribution, nor do I see him in the likeness of an Eli Manning for his successful career.

Great topic about one of my favorite players. This one really divides my sentiments, as I would really like to seem his in the HOF, but really see him as an 'auxiliary' induction choice.

But still... I really hate those Eagles!

he won't sniff it, unless its comes from smelling someone else's jacket.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

McNabb's greatest accomplishment was helping guide a team to 4 straight NFC Championship games and one Superbowl.

I'd say that counts for something. But outside of that, he wasn't an exceptionally great quarterback. Never passed for over 400 yards and his rushing totals really weren't as great as I remembered. He had a good career, but was it hall of fame worthy? I'd say borderline.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]McNabb's greatest accomplishment was helping guide a team to 4 straight NFC Championship games and one Superbowl.

I'd say that counts for something. But outside of that, he wasn't an exceptionally great quarterback. Never passed for over 400 yards and his rushing totals really weren't as great as I remembered. He had a good career, but was it hall of fame worthy? I'd say borderline.
    [/quote]he did it when the nfc east was horrible. Almost a guarantee of 6 wins each year. And more then that he choked in big spots...
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Pretty sure McNabb made the Hall of Soup over at the Campbells factory in north Jersey. Pity he didn't get a bust made, but he got a nice hat.

Campbells is in SOUTH Jersey.

Anyway, perhaps we should ask ourselves this:

If the Eagles would've beaten the Pats in the Super Bowl, would he be a "shoe-in"?

If your answer is "Yes", then why shouldn't he be now?
    If your answer is "No", then why should he be now?
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

McNabb was a good QB, with good statistics, and a good, marketable personality. His knock is the ability to finish the job. HE has always been good enough to keep around, but not good enough to win a SB with. His years after Philly will haunt him. The rumors of a alack of commitment, the MC Flab years...He did alot in his time in the NFL, just not enough....he seems to be River's inspiration.....do you think Rivers deserves a bust? Obviously that book isn't closed yet, but based on everything he's done...?

+ Reply to Thread