+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams tests positive for MJ at the combine

Veteran

Re: Mike Adams tests positive for MJ at the combine

In the 3rd sure why not.

lack of judgment on his part even being near people that smoke weed prior to the combine, he was upfront about but thats still not enough for some owners especially the giants.

i see him dropping to the ending poriton of the 2nd round cause of it certainly not the 3rd. he might be picked up shortly before we pick in the second but if he's there for us, depending on whoelse is there i wouldn't mind the pick.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]Stupid decision on his part, bad judgement and says a lot about him. Don't care about the value he could have in the 2nd or maybe even in the 3rd round, there's more talent around to choose from.[/quote]

Theres more talented players at the end of the 2nd or 3rd than Mike Adams? I would strongly disagree with that.[/quote]
    You can spin my words as you wish bro.
    I said THERE'S MORE TALENT AROUND TO CHOOSE FROM, more talent, period !!!!!!! Not more talented players , Capisci, entiendes, Verstehen, understand.
    Don't want him , that's my opinion .
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

...I'd run a session with him

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]Stupid decision on his part, bad judgement and says a lot about him. Don't care about the value he could have in the 2nd or maybe even in the 3rd round, there's more talent around to choose from.[/quote]

Theres more talented players at the end of the 2nd or 3rd than Mike Adams? I would strongly disagree with that.[/quote]
    I said THERE'S MORE TALENT AROUND TO CHOOSE FROM, more talent, period !!!!!!! Not more talented players , Capisci, entiendes, Verstehen, understand.
    Don't want him , that's my opinion .[/quote]

So there arent more talented players, but theres more talent? I dont understand what you are saying.

I get that you dont like him.

It is hard to think that this is an isolated lapse in judgment, coming at such an important moment for him and his family. At some level in the draft, the added risk associated with taking him is overwhelmed by the upside potential. I'd have to know the deep intel on what kind of kid he is year round to make that call. Hopefully JR's crack scouting team has it all calculated.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]Stupid decision on his part, bad judgement and says a lot about him. Don't care about the value he could have in the 2nd or maybe even in the 3rd round, there's more talent around to choose from.[/quote]

Don't want him , that's my opinion .[/quote]

So there arent more talented players, but theres more talent? I dont understand what you are saying.

I get that you dont like him.[/quote]

Whatever bro !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Dumb on his part. Dumb if we pass on him in 2nd. I know for a fact many giants players toke up, ive seen it

[quote user="AceOspadZ4"]Dumb on his part. Dumb if we pass on him in 2nd. I know for a fact many giants players toke up, ive seen it[/quote]

i don't really care what they do on their own free time, but to test positive for herb BEFORE one of the most important days of his life is just plain idiotic. I mean its either one of two things

1. He is just a complete moron and doesn't care if he gets caught

2. he's addicted and needs to toke every day

Veteran

I think this is the type of player you bring in for an interview. Find out where is head is at. You can't judge a person's character by one mistake.

Talk to him, figure out what his true aspirations are, and if he seems like a good kid that made a mistake draft him when he drops.

I have to admit, when I read this I quietly was somewhat relieved. I am not the biggest Adams fan for reasons apart from his failed MJ test.

I do think we need to address the tackle position, but I never felt Adams was a 1st round prospect.

I watch him play and I see a guy who is clearly a good athlete. But, he has a really bad habit in passblocking situations of getting his shoulders too far over his feet, almost as if it were a drive block. Thats a serious technique flaw for a 1st rounder and in the NFL it will keep him off he field. The 1st time I saw his tape, I thought "does he have short arms?" because thats a typical flaw you find in guys who routinely go against players with longer arms then they have. But, his arms measured 34 inches, which is fine. So really, it is either a lack of proper coaching or a lack of ability to learn. But, since the technique issue problem is 1 that I know coaches begin working on kids in high school,and certainly in college, he has to have been a little bit slow learning.

It also explains why he looks so much more comfortable when blocking downfield. He does best moving forward.

+ Reply to Thread