+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mike Adams tests positive for MJ at the combine

Apparently he did a little smokey smokey before the combine and got caught (dumb).

With his other issues, think this may be enough to drop him to the end of the 2nd round? Id say their is a possibility of that.

Does Adams as the giants second round pick become a great value?

Re: Mike Adams tests positive for MJ at the combine

[quote user="slipknottin"]Apparently he did a little smokey smokey before the combine and got caught (dumb).

With his other issues, think this may be enough to drop him to the end of the 2nd round? Id say their is a possibility of that.

Does Adams as the giants second round pick become a great value?[/quote]

I would now say he would be off our draft board for the round 1 pick because of this but if he were to fall to our Round 2 selection, I would have to say to pick him up. Too much upside there.

[quote user="tdawg1413"]I would now say he would be off our draft board for the round 1 pick because of this but if he were to fall to our Round 2 selection, I would have to say to pick him up. Too much upside there.
    [/quote]

Yea. Its hard to tell how hard the giants dock guys who get caught with this kind of thing. Manningham was another guy, some had thought before the combine he was arguably a 1st round pick. Was taken at the end of the 3rd instead.

I'd take him where we took Mario, at the end of the third.

Veteran

I think it eliminates any chance that the Giants will be taking him in the first round. Not sure that the Giants would be drafting a guy like that.

Stupid decision on his part, bad judgement and says a lot about him. Don't care about the value he could have in the 2nd or maybe even in the 3rd round, there's more talent around to choose from.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="G-Men Surg."]Stupid decision on his part, bad judgement and says a lot about him. Don't care about the value he could have in the 2nd or maybe even in the 3rd round, there's more talent around to choose from.[/quote]

Theres more talented players at the end of the 2nd or 3rd than Mike Adams? I would strongly disagree with that.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Apparently he did a little smokey smokey before the combine and got caught (dumb).

Does Adams as the giants second round pick become a great value?[/quote]

Would explain his Combine performance lol

I dunno ... if a first round draft prospect is stupid enough to do this kind of thing just before the largest measuring stick in the Draft, I'd say he's too stupid to play for us.

But then again we did sign Plax once upon a time.

What's with all the under performing OTs all of a sudden in this draft? Adams, Martin, Sanders ... sheesh.

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I don't think he is a 1st round talent period. Negative or positive drug screen is irrelevant to that.

[quote user="Spedracer"]I don't think he is a 1st round talent period. Negative or positive drug screen is irrelevant to that.[/quote]

Ok.. ?

What is your point.