+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Final Mock 4/20/2012

My Final Wishlist Mock (barring more FA moves)

1. Chandler Jones – DE – Syracuse – I have grown up a ‘Cuse fan. And Grew up with all the Jones boys playing against them in High School. So I am a bit bias. But I know his work ethic and I’ve watched every one of his games. He has the athletic pedigree and skill set comparable to Justin Tuck (he even moves like him). He didn’t rack up outrageous Sack numbers but he also played on pretty bad Teams (unfortunate for ‘Cuse fans like me). For two years he had converted RB to LB playing behind him and no one else worth mentioning on the DL (since his brother left). I think he could come in as our 4th DE now and be a great replacement for Osi after next year, especially learning from our outrageous DEs. Also can play all down the Line. ADD TO OUR STENGTH

2. – Isaiah Pead – RB – Cincinnati – Pead has really grown on me. He has decent size at 5’10’’ 200lbs and great 4.47 speed. (As Madden would say “he’s got run away from the cops speed”) Is a very productive back, over 6 yards a carry over the course of his career. He has great ball skills and is a fearsome receiving threat out of the back field – He added 721 yards on 87 receptions in his career. (39/319 his senior year). I think he can be a star in the league. Reminds me a AB but faster, more durable, & with better hands.

3. – L. Green – TE – Louisiana – Lafayette – Great Receiving Threat in the mould of Hernandez. Giving Eli two big targets in Bennett and Green will replace the production lost form MM and give JJ more time to develop. Runs a 4.5 40yrd dash. Isn’t a great blocker but gives great effort. Will be used in spread out a lot and is a match up nightmare. Cover some production that was lost from MM leaving. Id love to see him used at a 3rd/4th WR too, like Keller for the NYJ.

4.a – T. Streeter – WR – Miami (FL) – 6’5’’ 220lb WR running a 4.4 40yrd dash. Must I say more. This kid has so much up side its not even funny. What an athlete… forget Barden gimmi Streeter

4b. – N. Potter – OL – Boise State – Solid OL who can play all down the line. Will add solid depth and needed youth. Potential starting quality after a few years as back up. I am very high on him personally.

6. – Duke Ihenacho – SS – SJSU - Good player. Started as a True Freshman at SS then switched to LB and became an All-Wac. Big Solid tackling machine. Also, has underrated ball skills. Had 5 interceptions as a LB one year. Could end up playing the hybrid S/LB position Grant used to occupy.

7. – D. Page-Moss – DE – UNC – DPM may very well go un-drafted, but he shouldn’t. A Late injury has him so low but was a top ten potential prior to it. After a year of getting back in football shape and rotating in (i.e. M. Austin) could be a sleeper star.

Re: My Final Mock 4/20/2012

I like all your picks. I like Turbin a bit more at RB but Peed would be a nice addition. Good Mock!

[quote user="Shockeystays08"]I like all your picks. I like Turbin a bit more at RB but Peed would be a nice addition. Good Mock![/quote]

Thank you. I have been big on Turbin and had him in alot of my mocks.

Good draft. Like most of the picks. Though at WR I prefer Brian Quick over streeter.

[quote user="RonJon"]Good draft. Like most of the picks. Though at WR I prefer Brian Quick over streeter.[/quote]

Quick is a better reciever now but Streeter has ideal size and speed for a #1. also i think Quick will go in the 3rd. I love Green to much int he 3rd

I really like your Mock- nice job and if Jones falls to #32 I could see the Giants taking him and being confident enough to deal Osi for a high to mid second round pick plus maybe 5th rounder. Jones could be that rotational Pass rushing DE. Giants could pick BPA with that extra 2nd round pick- maybe a OL they like.

I like Turbin at RB and maybe in 3rd round. Pead is good back but almost too much like Bradshaw. Turbin is bigger back and might be good in short yardage. L. Green could be great target but blocking concerns me- I like Dwayne Allen with 2nd round pick and he can block. We have Beckum coming back hopefully as the L Green type TE.

I really like Streeter- he could be great. Overall I really like your mock would be very happy with these players.
    [quote user="GiantPride27"]My Final Wishlist Mock (barring more FA moves)

1. Chandler Jones – DE – Syracuse – I have grown up a ‘Cuse fan. And Grew up with all the Jones boys playing against them in High School. So I am a bit bias. But I know his work ethic and I’ve watched every one of his games. He has the athletic pedigree and skill set comparable to Justin Tuck (he even moves like him). He didn’t rack up outrageous Sack numbers but he also played on pretty bad Teams (unfortunate for ‘Cuse fans like me). For two years he had converted RB to LB playing behind him and no one else worth mentioning on the DL (since his brother left). I think he could come in as our 4th DE now and be a great replacement for Osi after next year, especially learning from our outrageous DEs. Also can play all down the Line. ADD TO OUR STENGTH

2. – Isaiah Pead – RB – Cincinnati – Pead has really grown on me. He has decent size at 5’10’’ 200lbs and great 4.47 speed. (As Madden would say “he’s got run away from the cops speed”) Is a very productive back, over 6 yards a carry over the course of his career. He has great ball skills and is a fearsome receiving threat out of the back field – He added 721 yards on 87 receptions in his career. (39/319 his senior year). I think he can be a star in the league. Reminds me a AB but faster, more durable, & with better hands.

3. – L. Green – TE – Louisiana – Lafayette – Great Receiving Threat in the mould of Hernandez. Giving Eli two big targets in Bennett and Green will replace the production lost form MM and give JJ more time to develop. Runs a 4.5 40yrd dash. Isn’t a great blocker but gives great effort. Will be used in spread out a lot and is a match up nightmare. Cover some production that was lost from MM leaving. Id love to see him used at a 3rd/4th WR too, like Keller for the NYJ.

4.a – T. Streeter – WR – Miami (FL) – 6’5’’ 220lb WR running a 4.4 40yrd dash. Must I say more. This kid has so much up side its not even funny. What an athlete… forget Barden gimmi Streeter

4b. – N. Potter – OL – Boise State – Solid OL who can play all down the line. Will add solid depth and needed youth. Potential starting quality after a few years as back up. I am very high on him personally.

6. – Duke Ihenacho – SS – SJSU - Good player. Started as a True Freshman at SS then switched to LB and became an All-Wac. Big Solid tackling machine. Also, has underrated ball skills. Had 5 interceptions as a LB one year. Could end up playing the hybrid S/LB position Grant used to occupy.

7. – D. Page-Moss – DE – UNC – DPM may very well go un-drafted, but he shouldn’t. A Late injury has him so low but was a top ten potential prior to it. After a year of getting back in football shape and rotating in (i.e. M. Austin) could be a sleeper star.[/quote]

I do agree that Turbin would be a good power back to offset AB but im not sure that we need that. DJ Ware is a decent enough Short yardage back, and AB was a better goal line threat than BJ ever was.

Eli had the best year of his career, they are not ganna pull in the leash now. We are NOT going back to a Run Run Pass team again. We are NOT going to have two 1000 yard backs like we used too. (not with eli throwing 5000 yards). We need a pass catching RB who can help our pass game, as well as be a beast on the ground. Pead runs like AB but can actually catch then ill be pumped. That is one of the main reasons i fell off the Turbin Bandwagon and jumped on with Pead.

Then again, if the NYG expect Scott to be that guy then Turbin is a better pick up.

[quote user="DelawareGiants"]I really like your Mock- nice job and if Jones falls to #32 I could see the Giants taking him and being confident enough to deal Osi for a high to mid second round pick plus maybe 5th rounder. Jones could be that rotational Pass rushing DE. Giants could pick BPA with that extra 2nd round pick- maybe a OL they like.

I like Turbin at RB and maybe in 3rd round. Pead is good back but almost too much like Bradshaw. Turbin is bigger back and might be good in short yardage. L. Green could be great target but blocking concerns me- I like Dwayne Allen with 2nd round pick and he can block. We have Beckum coming back hopefully as the L Green type TE.

I really like Streeter- he could be great. Overall I really like your mock would be very happy with these players.
    [quote user="GiantPride27"]My Final Wishlist Mock (barring more FA moves)

7. – D. Page-Moss – DE – UNC – DPM may very well go un-drafted, but he shouldn’t. A Late injury has him so low but was a top ten potential prior to it. After a year of getting back in football shape and rotating in (i.e. M. Austin) could be a sleeper star.[/quote][/quote]

I would rather see a DT than two DEs.

Replace Paige-Moss with Akiem Hicks then you are on to something.

[quote user="slipknottin"]I would rather see a DT than two DEs.

Replace Paige-Moss with Akiem Hicks then you are on to something.[/quote]

Dont know much about Hicks but ive seen hes a big sleeper candidate for alot of people.

I dont see a need for DT. we only use them on 1st and 2nd down. use alot of 3 and 4 DE looks on 3rd. Plus we have canty and joseph starting and they spent a 2nd rounder on Austin so i think they wanna see what they have for him. Plus Jones has the versitility to play both DT and DE.

Plus is DPM Comes back strong from his injury, he is capable of playing like a top ten draft pick player

[quote user="GiantPride27"]
    I dont see a need for DT. we only use them on 1st and 2nd down. use alot of 3 and 4 DE looks on 3rd. Plus we have canty and joseph starting and they spent a 2nd rounder on Austin so i think they wanna see what they have for him.[/quote]

Austin hasent played football in 2 years. Canty has an enormous contract and is will turn 30 this season.

The versatility of having a couple DEs that can play at DT on passing downs doesnt mean that those guys can play there on running downs. If either Canty or Linval get banged up, and for whatever reason, Austin is not ready to play, that position is a critical need.

I dont think Paige-Moss was ever going to be a first round type prospect anyway.