+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3rd Receiver Question

Does our offense work better when we have a dangerous receiving threat from the TE or from the 3rd WR? Do we need production from both or can we get away with having production from just one of these positions?

I think with MM we were more dangerous from the 3 wide formation. If our running game improves I think the TE position becomes lethal on play action. I think Eli can find either one. I prefer the 3 wide for the big play offense.

In the tough times we find out who we are.

Re: 3rd Receiver Question

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]

Does our offense work better when we have a dangerous receiving threat from the TE or from the 3rd WR?* Do we need production from both or can we get away with having production from just one of these positions?*

I think with MM we were more dangerous from the 3 wide formation.* If our running game improves I think the TE position becomes lethal on play action.* I think Eli can find either one.* I prefer the 3 wide for the big play offense.

[/quote] I think 3rd WR is more valuable....that being said, we can't have some bum at TE & a crap running game....
    If can at least fill that 3rd spot with a Solid WR, upgrade at TE & if the running game gets fixed we can have one of the most complete offenses in the league......
    I think nowadays it's all about having a complete offense....ravens & 49ers couldn't survive with those running games & tuff D.....gotta have it all these Days...

Doesn't matter, TE or 3rd WR, where the production comes from. Eli will throw to the open man. Not sure who that will be yet, lots of question marks behind Nicks and Cruz.
    If it takes a year to figure out an offense, it's the wrong offense.

[quote user="Gimaniac"]Doesn't matter, TE or 3rd WR, where the production comes from. Eli will throw to the open man. Not sure who that will be yet, lots of question marks behind Nicks and Cruz.[/quote]

Agreed, I'm not dead-set on anybody we have now as athird option whcih is why I wouldn't be upset if we took a WR in the first round. I'm not sure if we need to go that high for TE when we got a lot of production out of average TEs like Boss and Ballard.

In the tough times we find out who we are.

Giants have to keep adding weapons . U need threats in the passing game to win in the NFL . Look at the NFC East. The Cowboys and Eagles are loaded with Offensive fire power. If the Giants dont continue to pile it on they will be left in the dust

i've always thought the 3rd WR was the better option for our offense.

i'd rather have a really good blocking TE who can occasionally be a threat in the passing game than a really good receiving TE who can occasionally block.

I say Alshon Jeffery at 32 if Hightower is not there. EVERYONE look for Jeffery to be picked at 32 they liked this kid at his pro day remember what I'm telling you don't be surprised.

I agree with CDN
    Nothing completely different than the formula for 2011.
    A reliable blocking TE that can occasionally catch passes with a threat at 3rd WR.

The great thing about the Nicks-Cruz-Manningham combo was that any of one of them was a threat to take it to the house on the defense and coverage at any time. Time for someone on the Giants to step up for the 3rd WR spot...

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Giants have to keep adding weapons . U need threats in the passing game to win in the NFL . Look at the NFC East. The Cowboys and Eagles are loaded with Offensive fire power. If the Giants dont continue to pile it on they will be left in the dust[/quote]
    At least we have a QB that makes his receivers better. Dallas and Philly do not.

If Hixon stays healthy he's a solid #3 maybe even 2....thats a big IF though. It wouldnt hurt of Barden or Jernigan stepped up either.