+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vontaze Burfict

Veteran

Vontaze Burfict

So over the passed few months, this guys stock has taken a nose dive, crashed into the ground, and then went into nuclear meltdown mode. Mike Mayock has even said that he's undraftable. My question is this. If he's there in the 7th round when the Giants are on the clock, would you want them to give him a shot? Do you think Jerry Reese would give him a shot? Discuss.

Re: Vontaze Bufict

I'd rather get him as an UDFA.

Veteran

Re: Vontaze Burfict

[quote user="gmen0820"]I'd rather get him as an UDFA.[/quote]

Lets say that if we don't pick him at that point in the 7th, then someone else will behind us.

Re: Vontaze Bufict

I'm all for second chances in life but I seriously can't imagine this guy lasting 10 minutes with Coughlin....not to mention I could probably beat his 40 time

Veteran

I think i'd be willing to take a 7th round shot on him to be honest.

As much as he's bombed he wont go past the 5th. somebody is gonna see what he did last year and they won't be able to pass it up.

We already have a good collection of young LBers on this team. Putting my dislike of Burfict away, we already have crowded depth at the position.

What's most distburbing about burfict is that had he not run his 40 and skipped the combine, some would still love him as a 1st round pick

its not the work ethic character thing that makes him so bad. its that hes terrible on the field as well

Veteran

[quote user="TheEnigma"]We already have a good collection of young LBers on this team. Putting my dislike of Burfict away, we already have crowded depth at the position.[/quote]

That is a good point. The idea that it would only cost us a 7th round pick to give the kid a shot makes me wonder a little bit though. If he isn't want the Giants want then they can cut him.

I think this guy is a headcase and would love to have him as far away from the Giants as possible. His penchant for penalties would have Coughlin in an ER for a coronary.

I think even if he drops to the 7th Reese doesn't touch him and if he becomes undrafted he doesn't even get a look from the Giants.

I do think he has Cowboys or Redskins written all over him though.

+ Reply to Thread