+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would be disappointed with fleener in round 1

Re: Who would be disappointed with fleener in round 1

I think this draft has way more depth at WR and HB than it does at TE

The TE behind Fleener might not be that good; but he looks like a top tier tight end. If he falls to us, I think it's no brainer pick. There will be good RB in the second - fourth rounds, and I think we've got a very serviceable group of WR. I think you add the best players you can find to this team, pretty much without trying too hard to fill "need" positions. Any lingering needs can be addressed from the rest of the free agent pool. Raise the talent level and fill in the holes later.

49ers
    texans
    broncos
    bears

all pick before us and may have interest in fleener.

i dont think the bears would take him that high

texans lost dressen and may want him behind daniels

broncos signed tamme and dressen and probly go dline with their pick

9ers seem to have a lot of interest in him because of his relationship with harbaugh at stanford. hope they dont take him.

I would rather take the best RB in the first and pray for Allen in the second. Allen and Bennett give us two huge upside, mauling inline TEs. If we take Martin, he is a great downhill feature back. We could run 22 all day, and we'd have two tough TEs who could catch and block, a devastating run game again, and two receivers in Nicks and Cruz who can get open without help from scheme. Think Cowboys offense on steroids.

[quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]N.Y Giants will not take a T.E in the first round. Fleener is not the type of TE the Giants looking for he is to small. Plus John spoke with Jerry Reese and he do not think there is a TE that's worth taking in the First 2 rounds. Trust me the Giants will take Hightower at 32 they really like him and Alshon Jeffery. Also don't look for OT in the first round because at 32 Jerry Reese don't think there is a OT worth taking at 32 only second round grade OT, so remember look for Hightower or Jeffery at 32.[/quote]

wtf r u talking about? fleener is 6'6 and 250 plus pounds...def not small...at all.

i would like the pick. he could work the middle of the field and also be a deep threat, which would free up the outside for nicks and cruz...

and r.randle would be our pick over jeffery imo but i'd be fine with either...

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="Pa1jintfan"]I would. A lot of mocks still have us taking him if available. I feel that we are in great shape now with TEs. I think Bennett will be solid and Ballard will be back eventually. I just think TE is not the right pick. I love what Reese has done lately. Adding nice quality depth to a solid football team. I think it comes down to 4 positions. DE,OL,CB,LB. With possibly RB, but I think we will get a 5-6 year RB after the draft. Hopefully benson.[/quote]

We are in "great shape" at TE???* lol

Ballard will probably not even play this year and Beckum was a non-contributor before he blew his knee out.* Pascoe is not a starting caliber TE and Bennett has been a career underachiever.

Yeah, we're in*great shape at TE alright . . . .*

[/quote]

exactly. also, keep in mind that ballard is also pretty slow. if he loses a step bc of his injury, which is almost always the case, ballard imo will pretty much be done...i know he had success last yr even with being slow, but a lot of that was bc of eli being accurate and ballard giving eli a big target. i just cannot imagine how ballard would get any seperation if he loses a step. he could very well recover fully, but he's only signed for 1 more yr just like bennett.

fleener would be the long term TE solution imo and he'd be a beast in this offense with eli

[quote user="gmen0820"]I would rather take the best RB in the first and pray for Allen in the second. Allen and Bennett give us two huge upside, mauling inline TEs. If we take Martin, he is a great downhill feature back. We could run 22 all day, and we'd have two tough TEs who could catch and block, a devastating run game again, and two receivers in Nicks and Cruz who can get open without help from scheme. Think Cowboys offense on steroids.[/quote]

Exactly- even if Allen is gone by the end of the 2nd- we could draft someone like Egnew in 4th and let Pope develop him. I also think that WR are quite deep in this draft that we can wait til Round 4- a guy like Streeter or Quick- both could stretch the field for us like Manningham did. I like Streeter- big and fast and very young and could develop into great receiver. That would leave round 2 and 3 to add some big bodies on OL and DL.

[quote user="DelawareGiants"][quote user="gmen0820"]I would rather take the best RB in the first and pray for Allen in the second. Allen and Bennett give us two huge upside, mauling inline TEs. If we take Martin, he is a great downhill feature back. We could run 22 all day, and we'd have two tough TEs who could catch and block, a devastating run game again, and two receivers in Nicks and Cruz who can get open without help from scheme. Think Cowboys offense on steroids.[/quote]

Exactly- even if Allen is gone by the end of the 2nd- we could draft someone like Egnew in 4th and let Pope develop him. I also think that WR are quite deep in this draft that we can wait til Round 4- a guy like Streeter or Quick- both could stretch the field for us like Manningham did. I like Streeter- big and fast and very young and could develop into great receiver. That would leave round 2 and 3 to add some big bodies on OL and DL.[/quote]Yeah if we went DL in the first and/or second, we could still get a guy like Criner, Childs, M. Jones in the 3-5 range, Gray, Polk, Pead who I've been touting up for about a month now in the 3-4 range, Evan Rodriguez or Beau Reliford who are TEs I really like in the 5-7 range.

Veteran

Allen / charles / egnew / green are all gone i believe before we pick in the 2nd. teams are going to take them especially teams that are becoming more pass oriented. everyone is going to abuse the rules set by the nfl protecting players over the middle and what better way to do that than with a fast tight end.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

I wouldn't be disappointed with Fleener

He has the potential to be a flat out dominant TE as far as receiving goes. Forget "need", best teams draft value

+ Reply to Thread