+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts

Need help here. Ive seen players mentioned from TEs to OLs to DLs to LBs and even more secondary help. Who do you think our first and second round picks may be. I guess someone may see a real focus but would like a real consensus. I know Reese and his " war room " crew will make the calls but some guys out there can read their minds better than I can.Oponions anyone

Re: Mock Drafts

really hoping for fleener in the 1st. i dont see san fran taking fleener like some people do. they have davis and walker at TE and moss, manningham, and crabtree at WR, there wouldnt be room for him. denver is also another team who could have interest, but i think they go defense. if fleener is there at 32, tkae him.

Veteran

[quote user="nygfan0816"]really hoping for fleener in the 1st. i dont see san fran taking fleener like some people do. they have davis and walker at TE and moss, manningham, and crabtree at WR, there wouldnt be room for him. denver is also another team who could have interest, but i think they go defense. if fleener is there at 32, tkae him.[/quote]

I just don't see the point of a receiver/te in the first. If you have Nicks and Cruz on the outside anyone will look like a beast in the middle. Just draft guys that are athletes and Eli will make them superstars. Look what he did with freaking Jake Ballard!!

Veteran

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="nygfan0816"]really hoping for fleener in the 1st. i dont see san fran taking fleener like some people do. they have davis and walker at TE and moss, manningham, and crabtree at WR, there wouldnt be room for him. denver is also another team who could have interest, but i think they go defense. if fleener is there at 32, tkae him.[/quote]

I just don't see the point of a receiver/te in the first. If you have Nicks and Cruz on the outside anyone will look like a beast in the middle. Just draft guys that are athletes and Eli will make them superstars. Look what he did with freaking Jake Ballard!![/quote]

why give a sports car ****ty oil when you can afford the premium.
    it is completely asinine to say give eli whatever we can he will make them good, we know he will but why not give him better so he can make them great.
    the fact that we only have nicks and cruz is the reason why we need another threat. go back to the super bowl if manningham didn't make that catch we lose the game and your all calling for his head or saying we definitely need to draft another WR early. you cannot...cannot just say we have two receivers were fine, they will get double coverage and if no one can get open eli gets sacked looking for options.

here's the point of a TE/WR early in the draft even if its at 32. we have an elite QB who can make plays with not so great talent ( beckum / ballard ) give him the tools to out score teams instead of coming back in the 4th gain a size-able lead in the first and let our defense as it stands now Tee off on opposing offenses cause they're now playing catch up.

defense wins championships... only cause the offense puts the team ahead for them to pin their ears back. we need balance and the offense is slightly unbalanced as it stands now.

FFS
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College

Veteran

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="nygfan0816"]really hoping for fleener in the 1st. i dont see san fran taking fleener like some people do. they have davis and walker at TE and moss, manningham, and crabtree at WR, there wouldnt be room for him. denver is also another team who could have interest, but i think they go defense. if fleener is there at 32, tkae him.[/quote]

I just don't see the point of a receiver/te in the first. If you have Nicks and Cruz on the outside anyone will look like a beast in the middle. Just draft guys that are athletes and Eli will make them superstars. Look what he did with freaking Jake Ballard!![/quote]

it is completely asinine to say give eli whatever we can he will make them good, we know he will but why not give him better so he can make them great.
    the fact that we only have nicks and cruz is the reason why we need another threat. go back to the super bowl if manningham didn't make that catch we lose the game and your all calling for his head or saying we definitely need to draft another WR early. you cannot...cannot just say we have two receivers were fine, they will get double coverage and if no one can get open eli gets sacked looking for options.

here's the point of a TE/WR early in the draft even if its at 32. we have an elite QB who can make plays with not so great talent ( beckum / ballard ) give him the tools to out score teams instead of coming back in the 4th gain a size-able lead in the first and let our defense as it stands now Tee off on opposing offenses cause they're now playing catch up.

defense wins championships... only cause the offense puts the team ahead for them to pin their ears back. we need balance and the offense is slightly unbalanced as it stands now.

FFS
    [/quote]

You're not understanding my point... There is no need to waste a high pick on a WR or TE because we can get an athlete at those positions in the later rounds. Just imagine that Jake Ballard ran a 4.6 instead of a 5.0. Ballard, a guy with no real natural talent, would have went from an average TE to dominant playmaker in our offense last year. That is why I'm saying we should take a guy like Egnew in the third or Streeter in the 4th instead of say Fleener or Hill in the first.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="nygfan0816"]really hoping for fleener in the 1st. i dont see san fran taking fleener like some people do. they have davis and walker at TE and moss, manningham, and crabtree at WR, there wouldnt be room for him. denver is also another team who could have interest, but i think they go defense. if fleener is there at 32, tkae him.[/quote]

I just don't see the point of a receiver/te in the first. If you have Nicks and Cruz on the outside anyone will look like a beast in the
    middle. Just draft guys that are athletes and Eli will make them
    superstars. Look what he did with freaking Jake Ballard!![/quote]

why give a sports car ****ty oil when you can afford the
    premium.
    it is completely asinine to say give eli whatever we
    can he will make them good, we know he will but why not give
    him better so he can make them great.
    the fact that we only
    have nicks and cruz is the reason why we need another threat.
    go back to the super bowl if manningham didn't make that catch
    we lose the game and your all calling for his head or saying we
    definitely need to draft another WR early. you cannot...cannot
    just say we have two receivers were fine, they will get double
    coverage and if no one can get open eli gets sacked looking for
    options.

here's the point of a TE/WR early in the draft
    even if its at 32. we have an elite QB who can make plays with
    not so great talent ( beckum / ballard ) give him the tools to out
    score teams instead of coming back in the 4th gain a size-able
    lead in the first and let our defense as it stands now Tee off on
    opposing offenses cause they're now playing catch up.

defense wins championships... only cause the offense puts
    the team ahead for them to pin their ears back. we need balance
    and the offense is slightly unbalanced as it stands now.

FFS
    [/quote]

I get your point and agree with it. We don't need to spend a #1 on a WR .Jernigan is the planned number 3. We need depth not an immediate starter. Our biggest FA acquisition is a TE, we don't go #1 there either. There are TE's that fit our needs with later picks. We need a RB, Some OL and DL help and a safety. A stud LB in one would be ok.

You're not understanding my point... There is no need to waste a high pick on a WR or TE because we can get an athlete at those positions in the later rounds. Just imagine that Jake Ballard ran a 4.6 instead of a 5.0. Ballard, a guy with no real natural talent, would have went from an average TE to dominant playmaker in our offense last year. That is why I'm saying we should take a guy like Egnew in the third or Streeter in the 4th instead of say Fleener or Hill in the first.[/quote]

Man I posted that in the wrong spot again! Geez! Anyway I get your point Spizi

[quote user="Spizi"]

You're not understanding my point... There is no need to waste a high pick on a WR or TE because we can get an athlete at those positions in the later rounds. [/quote]

Athletes dont contribute their rookie year...

And Ballard has plenty of natural talent. Good hands, understands how to get open, finds holes in zone defenses. All things an "athlete" does not do.

All-Pro

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="nygfan0816"]really hoping for fleener in the 1st. i dont see san fran taking fleener like some people do. they have davis and walker at TE and moss, manningham, and crabtree at WR, there wouldnt be room for him. denver is also another team who could have interest, but i think they go defense. if fleener is there at 32, tkae him.[/quote]

FFS
    [/quote]

You're not understanding my point... There is no need to waste a high pick on a WR or TE because we can get an athlete at those positions in the later rounds. Just imagine that Jake Ballard ran a 4.6 instead of a 5.0. Ballard, a guy with no real natural talent, would have went from an average TE to dominant playmaker in our offense last year. That is why I'm saying we should take a guy like Egnew in the third or Streeter in the 4th instead of say Fleener or Hill in the first.[/quote]

You mean like Travis beckum?

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Spizi"]

You're not understanding my point... There is no need to waste a high pick on a WR or TE because we can get an athlete at those positions in the later rounds. [/quote]

Athletes dont contribute their rookie year...

And Ballard has plenty of natural talent. Good hands, understands how to get open, finds holes in zone defenses. All things an "athlete" does not do.[/quote]

i wouldnt say ballard has good hands. hes had some drops

+ Reply to Thread