+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mock Drafts

Re: Mock Drafts

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="nygfan0816"]really hoping for fleener in the 1st. i dont see san fran taking fleener like some people do. they have davis and walker at TE and moss, manningham, and crabtree at WR, there wouldnt be room for him. denver is also another team who could have interest, but i think they go defense. if fleener is there at 32, tkae him.[/quote]

I just don't see the point of a receiver/te in the first. If you have Nicks and Cruz on the outside anyone will look like a beast in the middle. Just draft guys that are athletes and Eli will make them superstars. Look what he did with freaking Jake Ballard!![/quote]

why give a sports car ****ty oil when you can afford the premium.
    it is completely asinine to say give eli whatever we can he will make them good, we know he will but why not give him better so he can make them great.
    the fact that we only have nicks and cruz is the reason why we need another threat. go back to the super bowl if manningham didn't make that catch we lose the game and your all calling for his head or saying we definitely need to draft another WR early. you cannot...cannot just say we have two receivers were fine, they will get double coverage and if no one can get open eli gets sacked looking for options.

here's the point of a TE/WR early in the draft even if its at 32. we have an elite QB who can make plays with not so great talent ( beckum / ballard ) give him the tools to out score teams instead of coming back in the 4th gain a size-able lead in the first and let our defense as it stands now Tee off on opposing offenses cause they're now playing catch up.

defense wins championships... only cause the offense puts the team ahead for them to pin their ears back. we need balance and the offense is slightly unbalanced as it stands now.

FFS
    [/quote]The Packers had Jordy Nelson,Greg jennings,Donald Driver,James Jones ,Jerimichael Finley and they still took Randall Cobb in the second round. Are division is loaded with offensive talent with the Cowboys and Eagles. If the Giants want to win they have to keep the pedal to the floor on offense

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Spizi"]

You're not understanding my point... There is no need to waste a high pick on a WR or TE because we can get an athlete at those positions in the later rounds. [/quote]

Athletes dont contribute their rookie year...

And Ballard has plenty of natural talent. Good hands, understands how to get open, finds holes in zone defenses. All things an "athlete" does not do.[/quote]He just doesnt threaten the seam like Coby Fleener does

[quote user="nevada11"]
    i wouldnt say ballard has good hands. hes had some drops[/quote]

I dont neccessarily attribute drops to bad hands. Ballard has made some really tough grabs which I think is more meaningful. Drops I believe a lot of the time have more to do with concentration and looking to get upfield or not get hit before making the catch

Veteran

You're not understanding my point... There is no need to waste a high pick on a WR or TE because we can get an athlete at those positions in the later rounds. [/quote]

Athletes dont contribute their rookie year...

And Ballard has plenty of natural talent. Good hands, understands how to get open, finds holes in zone defenses. All things an "athlete" does not do.[/quote]

I'm not saying like a dumbass track star who doesn't know how to play football. I'm talking about a decent football player who is an elite athlete. A guy like that could definitely contribute as a rookie.

Veteran

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="nygfan0816"]really hoping for fleener in the 1st. i dont see san fran taking fleener like some people do. they have davis and walker at TE and moss, manningham, and crabtree at WR, there wouldnt be room for him. denver is also another team who could have interest, but i think they go defense. if fleener is there at 32, tkae him.[/quote]

I just don't see the point of a receiver/te in the first. If you have Nicks and Cruz on the outside anyone will look like a beast in the middle. Just draft guys that are athletes and Eli will make them superstars. Look what he did with freaking Jake Ballard!![/quote]

why give a sports car ****ty oil when you can afford the premium.
    it is completely asinine to say give eli whatever we can he will make them good, we know he will but why not give him better so he can make them great.
    the fact that we only have nicks and cruz is the reason why we need another threat. go back to the super bowl if manningham didn't make that catch we lose the game and your all calling for his head or saying we definitely need to draft another WR early. you cannot...cannot just say we have two receivers were fine, they will get double coverage and if no one can get open eli gets sacked looking for options.

here's the point of a TE/WR early in the draft even if its at 32. we have an elite QB who can make plays with not so great talent ( beckum / ballard ) give him the tools to out score teams instead of coming back in the 4th gain a size-able lead in the first and let our defense as it stands now Tee off on opposing offenses cause they're now playing catch up.

defense wins championships... only cause the offense puts the team ahead for them to pin their ears back. we need balance and the offense is slightly unbalanced as it stands now.

FFS
    [/quote]

You're not understanding my point... There is no need to waste a high pick on a WR or TE because we can get an athlete at those positions in the later rounds. Just imagine that Jake Ballard ran a 4.6 instead of a 5.0. Ballard, a guy with no real natural talent, would have went from an average TE to dominant playmaker in our offense last year. That is why I'm saying we should take a guy like Egnew in the third or Streeter in the 4th instead of say Fleener or Hill in the first.[/quote]

You mean like Travis beckum?[/quote]

No Travis Beckum is not a TE. Honestly I don't know why the Giants drafted him.

[quote user="Spizi"]

I'm not saying like a dumbass track star who doesn't know how to play football. I'm talking about a decent football player who is an elite athlete. A guy like that could definitely contribute as a rookie.[/quote]

Athletes who know how to play football get taken in the first round...

Veteran

I'm not saying like a dumbass track star who doesn't know how to play football. I'm talking about a decent football player who is an elite athlete. A guy like that could definitely contribute as a rookie.[/quote]

Athletes who know how to play football get taken in the first round...[/quote]

I didn't say an athlete who knows how to play football. I said a decent football player who is an athlete. There are many WRs who are great athletes that can be had in rounds 3-4.

[quote user="Spizi"]
    I didn't say an athlete who knows how to play football. I said a decent football player who is an athlete. There are many WRs who are great athletes that can be had in rounds 3-4.[/quote]

I really dont understand what you are trying to say.

What exactly is a decent football player who is an athlete? Are we talking about a guy like Streeter?

You think he can step right in and pick up a complicated option offense and make a big contribution his rookie year?

Because I strongly disagree with that, I dont think anyone coming from a non-pro style offense will contribute much at all their rookie year.

Veteran

well my orginal argument was to not wast a pick on a TE or WR in the first 2 rounds. All I'm saying is that if we get a really good athlete at TE in the middle rounds he could be much better than Ballard on pure athleticism alone. If we had to go WR or TE in round 1 I would go WR.

[quote user="Spizi"] All I'm saying is that if we get a really good athlete at TE in the middle rounds he could be much better than Ballard on pure athleticism alone.[/quote]

I completely disagree. Beckum is probably the best athlete the giants have had at TE since Shockey, how has he done? Theres far more that goes into being a good receiver than having good measurables at the combine

And if we are talking about Stephen Hill, he is a much better athlete than football player.

+ Reply to Thread