+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Will Eli suck now that his brother is back? Ah wonders never cease.

[link]http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/38331/weekend-mailbag-redskins-running-backs[/link]

Joseph Kony from Antarctica asks whether I share his belief that New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning's production will drop now that his big brother is back in the league this year. Joseph believes that "without the pressure of having to compete with his brother, Eli was able to have his best statistical year and win the SB... again."

DG: I think that's a reach, Joseph. Eli Manning's career arc is one of steady improvement year over year, with the one exception being the interception total from 2010. He's an excellent player in his own right, obviously mentally tough enough that no one should still be questioning the way in which he handles the fact that his big brother operates in the same profession. I would have thought the second Super Bowl ring would have eliminated questions about Eli and Peyton's shadow. But your question reinforces my sad theory that people are always going to believe what they want to believe, even in the face of evidence to the contrary.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: Will Eli suck now that his brother is back? Ah wonders never cease.

[quote user="DragonSoul"]Joseph Kony from Antarctica asks whether I share his belief that New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning's production will drop now that his big brother is back in the league this year. Joseph believes that "without the pressure of having to compete with his brother, Eli was able to have his best statistical year and win the SB... again."

DG: I think that's a reach, Joseph. Eli Manning's career arc is one of steady improvement year over year, with the one exception being the interception total from 2010. He's an excellent player in his own right, obviously mentally tough enough that no one should still be questioning the way in which he handles the fact that his big brother operates in the same profession. I would have thought the second Super Bowl ring would have eliminated questions about Eli and Peyton's shadow. But your question reinforces my sad theory that people are always going to believe what they want to believe, even in the face of evidence to the contrary.[/quote]
    Are you on acid right now? I mean I'm still tripped out from 4/20, but I was lost at the third sentence. I thought it was funny.

EDIT
    Nevermind I found the original source and it makes sense now.

"Joseph Kony from Antarctica"? Lol

I actually think it'll be reversed this year. Eli's now in the driver's seat.

If competing with Eli's title count wasn't bad enough, Peyton also has to live up to Tim Tebow. He simply must get the Broncos to the divisional round of the playoffs to avoid being questioned. I don't think the fact he's coming back from a career-threatening injury will fly as an excuse to the Tebow Church

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="DragonSoul"]Joseph Kony from Antarctica asks whether I share his belief that New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning's production will drop now that his big brother is back in the league this year. Joseph believes that "without the pressure of having to compete with his brother, Eli was able to have his best statistical year and win the SB... again."

DG: I think that's a reach, Joseph. Eli Manning's career arc is one of steady improvement year over year, with the one exception being the interception total from 2010. He's an excellent player in his own right, obviously mentally tough enough that no one should still be questioning the way in which he handles the fact that his big brother operates in the same profession. I would have thought the second Super Bowl ring would have eliminated questions about Eli and Peyton's shadow. But your question reinforces my sad theory that people are always going to believe what they want to believe, even in the face of evidence to the contrary.[/quote]
    Are you on acid right now? I mean I'm still tripped out from 4/20, but I was lost at the third sentence. I thought it was funny.

EDIT
    Nevermind I found the original source and it makes sense now.[/quote]perfect example as to why you shouldn't be on the herb lol
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="Flip Empty"]I actually think it'll be reversed this year. Eli's now in the driver's seat.

If competing with Eli's title count wasn't bad enough, Peyton also has to live up to Tim Tebow. He simply must get the Broncos to the divisional round of the playoffs to avoid being questioned. I don't think the fact he's coming back from a career-threatening injury will fly as an excuse to the Tebow Church[/quote]

This. I'd say that if the broncos don't make it to the playoffs, rumors will fly about Peyton being a washed-out has-been.

That said, it won't make the media hatred of Eli go away. The media abhors a normal person, someone who won't play to their camera whims... Most of the time they just ignore said normal people and focus on the "personalities". But you can't ignore the SB MVP, so it just chafes at the media, hence all the Eli hate. That's how you get the idea that "Matt Ryan is a better QB than Eli"...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Getting to the playoffs won't show how Peyton is. What will is his play throughout the season. That will be obvious to all if he is healthy once again and if he can play.

I think part of the reason people dislike/hate Eli is still based partly on the draft day trade.

Eventually it turned around for Elway, so it can do the same for Eli. Seems as some have changed/started to change their opinion of Eli now. Sad it only had to take 2 SB Wins, winning drives and 2 MVPs to get them their.

Which is really sad that you have to be that blind not too see what Eli had. At that point you are starting to change your mind so you do not look like an idiot to the national audience.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]Peyton also has to live up to Tim Tebow.[/quote]

I think the first time Peyton completes more than 21 passes in a game he has passed Tebow.

He will have a better season then last year
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

He will be on fire this season. And break a lot of records. Especially if he doesn't have a ton of guys dropping and tipping balls all year. Imagine what kind of numbers he would of had if they caught all the dropped balls and tips.. Less INTs to.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***